Which park's food is superior?

Which do you prefer and why?

• Walt Disney World

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Disneyland

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
Hmmmm....thats tough. The counter service are so much better at Disneyland plus we have Napa Rose and Steakhouse 55. WDW has so many more choices though. I am going to go with Disneyland. Maybe my mind will change after our trip to WDW this summer. ;)

As per my username, I have extensive experience with all parks on both coasts.

Disneyland in CA (and California Adventure) has acceptable quick service food, and very good table service food, but the parks aren't focused on the "vacation experience." They feel more like amusement parks where the main focus is the shows and attractions. It feels like you're a part of the Socal landscape rather than in a Disney bubble. Therefore, the food comes across as acceptable but not remarkable. A handful of table service locations in Disneyland are very good, especially in the Grand Californian.

Walt Disney World in FL is an all inclusive destination in terms of the sheer number of hotel offerings and food offerings. Plenty more focus is placed on vacation planning to include meal planning. There's a ton more variety of food options both for table service and quick service. As a result, a "foodie" is going to have lots more fun in FL rather than in CA at Disney, especially during Epcot's Food and Wine Festival.

Disneyland in CA (and California Adventure) has acceptable quick service food, and very good table service food, but the parks aren't focused on the "vacation experience." They feel more like amusement parks where the main focus is the shows and attractions. It feels like you're a part of the Socal landscape rather than in a Disney bubble. Therefore, the food comes across as acceptable but not remarkable. A handful of table service locations in Disneyland are very good, especially in the Grand Californian.

Walt Disney World in FL is an all inclusive destination in terms of the sheer number of hotel offerings and food offerings. Plenty more focus is placed on vacation planning to include meal planning. There's a ton more variety of food options both for table service and quick service. As a result, a "foodie" is going to have lots more fun in FL rather than in CA at Disney, especially during Epcot's Food and Wine Festival.

I couldn't agree with this more!

We've made 20+ trips to WDW since 1994, and were APs at DL from 2003 until last year, when we moved from So Cal to Michigan...our house in Orange County was 12 minutes from our front door to the parking structure at DL.

I will add that as a vegetarian and a mom of a child with food allergies, I've always found that there are way more food choices for us at WDW than at DL, and I think that coast2coastmickey hit the nail on the head in mentioning that WDW is an all-inclusive destination...my guess is that's the reason for the difference.

Having said that, I really miss the Vegetarian Gumbo at the Royal Street Veranda in DL!

Going to DL for the first time this year (Disney World vet :)) and I'm curious!

For the resort as a whole, DLR isn't going to have all the Epcot restaurants, nor nearly the amount of resort restaurants that WDW has and there is no equivalent to Victoria and Albert's. The three or four best DLR TS restaurants have an equal at WDW. But beyond that WDW has more of the same quality. As for the QS, the quality of DLRs on average is better. WDW has just a tad more variety in QS, not nearly as much as I would have thought and it's not enough to overcome the quality difference. So DLR gets the overall nod on QS. Table service, WDW gets the nod and overall WDW gets the nod.

Disneyland ALL the way. We just got back from WDW and the best food we had in 10 days was actually at the Club Level lounges at Contemporary and Beach Club. The TS restaurants were all meh, except for Homecomin which was fantastic. We ate at Yak and Yeti (holy overrated, Batman), Ale & Compass, Via Napoli (second best, but inferior to Disneylands Naples), Garden Grill breakfast (good, but pretty standard food that is hard to screw up). The CS food was notably average at best. The only standout was Woodys Lunchbox (brisket grilled cheese and pasta salad was great). The rest were worse versions of the same stuff available at Disneyland.

We had two more TS scheduled but we cancelled them because we didn't want another mediocre but expensive meal.

Agreed, well said!

I would say that the Carnation Cafe at DL is one of my favorite restaurants all around and has the best meatloaf I've ever had at a restaurant.

Comparing individual parks, I think overall Animal Kingdom has the best food.

I love Chef Mwanga's ribs with a large Bibo. And there are several other good options in AK.

But if I'm that close to AKL for dinner, I'd typically prefer Boma or Jiko.

And overall for the parks, I'd take Epcot, no question.

I am trying to decide where to eat in Downtown Disney...currently I am thinking of Tortilla Jo's, is Naples better?

They are both great, just depends what type of food you want, Italian or Mexican. They are both operated by Patina Group (who also operates Catal and Uva Bar, which are also both phenomenal). Naples is undergoing renovations right now, and I believe all the seating is currently outdoors. That might be a consideration if you'd prefer to eat indoors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter