Which International Disney Resort do you most want to visit?

Which international Disney park would you most want to visit?

• Total voters
I said Hong Kong but in reality none of them unless I just had a day left over from seeing and doing other things in the city/area/country. If I were able to travel outside of the US (which I can't do right now for personal reasons) Disney would be the last thing on my list of things to see.
I do travel occasionally just to visit Disney (so I'm probably a bit more of a fan) but I understand your point completely. What I do not quite get is people who visit Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney or Hong Kong Disneyland without visiting the cities themselves (for more than a day trip), especially if they have not been there before. There is so much to see and do and most Disneyland parks are quite similar in the end.

Just my opinion but even with the new + upcoming additions the park does not interest me enough to visit. I would like to visit other parks in Europe instead such as Efteling, Europa Park and Phantasialand.
You know Phantasialand? I highly suggest. I actually go this week as I have a few day of holiday. Is a very nice place and is less expensive than world of Disney. There are many coaster and ride. I believe the entrance fee is about 65 Euro. Is located outside Köln.

I’ve been to all except Shanghai but the one I’m most eager to return to is Tokyo.

--->
Asking this question in a forum of Disney lovers, the response will be a resounding “yes”! Give it a try, and if you like it, start planning a trip to Disney World in Orlando!
Thank you sir. that is why join these forum. I have cousin in Myamy Floridia who work with Lufthansa so I get to use reason for visit. I try and make better english by then.

Live in US so am far more likely to go to Disney here then travel internationally. Never been to any Disney international location and have no desire to do that. Always had the impression the international locations were mostly intended to give those in that part of the world a "Disney" experience when it might otherwise be too far for them to travel to either Florida or California. Are there any rides unique to those locations?

But as a compensation they occasionally get real snow. Magical.
No, in compensation for that we get really low crowds in January and February :D we still have a low season here in Paris partially because of seasons.
That once every few years we get enough snow in Paris and it's cold enough to stay on the grounds, it's rare. It doesn't happen every winter.

Are there any rides unique to those locations?
Plenty. Pirates of the Caribbean in Shanghai is in a league of its own, based on the movies not the original ride. Mystic Manor in Hong Kong is amazing, and paved the way for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway.
Tokyo Disney has been doing some pretty unique rides lately, but before that Journey to Center of the Earth is a great ride.

Or updates/improvements on the US rides, if Paris is your most known park, then the US version of Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain are kinda tame... Big Thunder Mountain in Paris is the best version of all 6 parks any way ;-)

No, in compensation for that we get really low crowds in January and February :D
Well, I have been there twice in December and January and had a little bit of snow each time. I guess I was just lucky No, I don't mean fake main street snow.

Or updates/improvements on the US rides, if Paris is your most known park, then the US version of Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain are kinda tame... Big Thunder Mountain in Paris is the best version of all 6 parks any way ;-)

Certainly agree on Big Thunder although the queues can be very long. Space Mountain is an entirely different ride: in Paris it has three inversions. I do hope they bring back the original 'De la Terre à la lune' - 'From the Earth to the Moon' theme which fits with the outside theming.

Phantom Manor with its Wild West theme is also sufficiently different to warrant a mention.

I was lucky enough to do Euro Disney back when it was still called Euro Disney during World Cup 98.
It was OK, but I have no desire to return, but i'm also in no rush to return to Orlando either - even though I'll be there for Universal several times.

I do want to do Disney in Japan as it seems to be what Disney once was.

I've only been to WDW in Florida, so my actual next park will probably be California, as the next most convenient. I voted Tokyo because I hear amazing stuff about it and am really intrigued, but I would also love to get to the Paris one someday.

I know it would exciting to see other parts of the world, but I think the language barrier would bother me too much. Plus, I've never been to DL so I would like to see that first.

I've been to DLP twice already. I'd love to get to Tokyo someday, especially after seeing the videos from the new land there. It looks amazing.

Paris is the only one we might consider visiting. And that would be part of a trip seeing Normandy and a few other things that have a higher priority in France.

Well we're about to visit Tokyo Disneyland Resort (both parks) in October as part of a bigger Japan trip. That was one where I told my husband if we're going to Japan we can work those two parks into our plans.

Disneyland Paris part of me wants to visit as we've had almost all of my core DISer group visit there in the last several years but also it's hard because we're really interested in a lot of Europe outside of Paris so never say never but it's not really high on our list.

Shanghai and Hong Kong as an American would be difficult to visit but of the two Hong Kong interests me more.

I know it would exciting to see other parts of the world, but I think the language barrier would bother me too much. Plus, I've never been to DL so I would like to see that first.
You will not have a language barrier to get around. All have maps and menu's etc in their local language and English.

In Asia you might have some issues with shows, although in Hong Kong at least one of the shows had English subtitles displayed on a screen to the side.

In France the shows are about 50/50 English and French. Mickey says something in French, Minnie answers in English. The dialogue is built with a lot of repetition so you can understand what is going on.

And even without understanding a language, shows are often very visual so you might understand a lot more than you realize. Like going to a ballet, or watching a mime.

We had no issues in Asia to talk to CMs about ordering food, or basic questions as where is the restroom? If you want an indepth conversation that might be trickier, same with filing a complaint. But if really needed there are CMs who speak it fluently and can be called for assistance.

In Tokyo I had an issue and the CM didn't understand me. She spoke enough English for basic stuff, but not to understand what had happened, and why I was annoyed. She called her manager to come and translate. At that moment I had enough, it wasn't worth the energy on my last days there, so I told her that it wasnt necessary and went on with my day.

Even though Tokyo is the only international park I’ve been to, it’s been 5 years so I still voted Tokyo as there’s a lot of new attractions I want to see there.

Voted Paris. DS#2 has been and absolutely loved it. We were supposed to go in 2021 but they world situation had us drop plans for a couple years. Now not sure I'll ever get there.

While I think Tokyo would be nice to visit, DH & DD visited it (raved about TokyoSea) I don't think me or DS#1 could handle a flight that long.

Zero interest in visiting the others.

Hoping I get to DL someday, was booked in 2020 but yeah that got cancelled. :sad:

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest