Which EPCOT restaurant to see fireworks from ?

disney2001

Earning My Ears
Rose & Crown - does not take PS for outside tables. May still be a good seat for fireworks. PS maybe at 8:15 pm ?

What about other EPCOT counties ? Any others good for fireworks ?

Best time for a PS ?

We always make PS for 7:30 at R&C and then check in about 15 minutes early. We ask the hostess as nicely as possible that we would like to be seated outside with a view of Illuminations. The hostess always tells us that it will take longer to be seated but she will do what she can. Usually, our little device goes off about 20 to 25 minutes later and we are seated with a view. While we wait we usually just grab a beer and hang out.

When we are seated, I always inform the waiter or waitress that we are "camping" for Illuminations and plan to order slowly (drinks first, then appetizer, then main course, etc..). I always tip the waiter or waitress at this time. It just makes me feel more comfortable. I usually give them $20. They have always been VERY nice and understanding.

This is the only Epcot restaurant that I've watched Illuminations from. I like the quick get-a-way out the back exit to the Boardwalk.

The lounge in Japan has a pretty good view of Illuminations. No PS is required and they serve sushi and drinks. It starts to fill up at around 7:30.

The third restaurant is the Cantina San Angel in Mexico. Also no PSs.

Personally - and this is only my opinion - there are several thousand people every evening with this idea - and maybe a hundred tables. I'd rather eat before and stroll the World Showcase right up to Illuminations than spend two hours holding a table at Cantina San Angel or doing the table lotto at R&C.

An 8:15 reservation at R&C will be far too late. As Montana says, you need to get to the restaurant far earlier and invest quite a bit of time to pull this off - and it will still take a little luck (although his methodology sounds pretty successful).

We made PS for Rose and Crown, got an outdoor table, 15 minutes before Illuminations we were shown to an area right by the lagoon to see Illuminations without any obstructions!! This area is roped off and "guarded" for use of Rose and Crown patrons. It was GREAT! So even if you can't get a lagoon side table, you can still go to the "private viewing area" afterwards! :p

we made out own "picnic" one night by getting dinner at tangerine cafe and eating at one of the benches near by...they close the fish and chips window outdoor little eating area down prefireworks so you cannot eat there btw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter