• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Businesses/Companies Will Come Out Ahead due to Covid-19?

Amazon is actually HIRING right now. They need people to fulfill all the orders coming in.

Companies that make bidets are killing it right now

Yep! According to TMZ LIVE yesterday, (in which Harvey made it clear that TMZ is a news outlet ;) and thus able to keep working & televising, and have moved on to "real people" news, no longer celebrities, as they are all self isolating,) that one maker of bidets, called Tushy, :laughing: said they've sold 10x the amount of bidets in the past weeks than they normally do. They said the hoarding of toilet paper caused other people to be worried about what to do when they can no longer find any toilet paper.

Commercial drone manufacturers.

Amazon had been working on drone deliveries. there were parodies that the drones would accidentally drop the boxes on people's heads. Another time, a neighbor, who had been watching the drone, hid in the bushes, and right after the drone dropped the box, the neighbor ran out, and swooped in and grabbed the box before the owner could get to it. :lmao: I could see this happening if any box might look like it has some toilet paper in it.

Amazon is going to come out of this stronger than ever. That $2,000 a share stock price might be justified now.

Canned food companies. I saw an interview with Giada De Laurentiis, a Food Network chef. She said she's been getting a lot of requests for how to make canned vegetables taste good. :crazy2: She's starting to come up with some recipes on her own website. She thinks one of the things that comes out of this is that our food tastes will change, as people get used to cooking with canned foods and finding ways to make them tasty.

One tip she has is: drain and rinse them as well as possible.

Hopefully, canned food makers will start making the vegetables less salty, less already cooked in the cans, as they become mushy once they are added into a dish and heated, and get a clue that we may continue to keep using them after this pandemic is over, IF we can successfully use them.

I already use canned chick peas to make hummus. And for years, I've been making Giada's white bean dip recipe, at times instead of hummus. So, I'm hopeful she will be able to come up with some canned vegetable recipes.

Giada's white bean dip: (5 ingredients! I use garlic powder instead of cloves. If you aren't going to make the flavored pita chips, add the oregano to the dip.)

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes...white-bean-dip-with-pita-chips-recipe-1914865

Disboards and "that other site".

I don't ever recall refreshing these forum pages as often as I have the past 2 weeks.
Ad revenue must be booming.
I'd love to have a peek at their Google Analytics account ....

Going to the main site, wdwinfo.com is better for them. Pete said it himself Monday night. However, he owns the travel agency that sponsors these boards and they will take a very bad hit from this.

I get some will have record sales and profits now. But when it dies down, no one will be buying TP as they allready have a years supply on hand. So over all i dont see that much of a change.

I get some will have record sales and profits now. But when it dies down, no one will be buying TP as they allready have a years supply on hand. So over all i dont see that much of a change.

Hopefully this will end by the time wedding season is here. So those people that needlessly hoarded TP can use them up by make a lot of tissue paper flowers to put on the wedding cars. :lmao:

tissuepaperflowertutorial-690x1024.jpg

Are people REALLY to the point where they're eating nothing but canned veggies?? LOL, it's only been a week!! Last I checked, we still have refrigerators and freezers and electricity.

No Giada, I really don't think our "food tastes will change". It's not like we're on war rations here. Our supply chain is still functioning, we can still go to the grocery store. Does she really think we're going to come out of this in a few months and say, "Dang, canned veggies are the bomb! Forget all of that fresh stuff."

Hopefully, canned food makers will start making the vegetables less salty, less already cooked in the cans
I don't believe they can (no pun intended) do that.
But when it dies down, no one will be buying TP as they allready have a years supply on hand.
Right now i have 16 rolls of the "good" stuff, ten store brand, and a case of something generic. Saving that for last, because once I can get the good stuff again, the case is going to a food pantry.

Companies like Nintendo and others who make video games....I've NEVER in my life been tempted by buying a gaming console wiht my own money, but seriously considering buying a switch.

Well, my hospital system certainly won't take a hit from this. But we're a nonprofit, so our successes aren't really measured in revenues.

Companies like Nintendo and others who make video games....I've NEVER in my life been tempted by buying a gaming console wiht my own money, but seriously considering buying a switch.

We bought a switch for my son. This is after I was hardline saying no - but I'm mandatory working from home for AT LEAST until April 16, my husband's office said they are working from home for the "foreseeable future" and frankly - we are still having to work. We take breaks and go outside together, we try to do puzzles and board games and online learning and workbooks etc - but he's under 10 - it's hard to maintain consistently. Plus he drew this and has been pretending to play it since last week so....

Amazon
Grocery Stores
Delivery Services like Instacart
Trucking Industry
Railways
Pharma
Any manufacturing company making med supplies
Gun and ammo manufacturers and stores.
Sex toy industry: saw they were up 30%. Lol

I’m a small business owner in manufacturing (fishing tackle) and I’m on track to have a better March than 2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter