Where would you stay as a "single" parent with your 3 1/2 year old son?

Very very helpful - well here is what we went with and credit some of the advice on this board!

6 night trip

3 nights at POR - I like the look of POR better than POFQ for theming etc. but will check out POFQ during my visit due to the advice on this board. The CM put preference for building #14 on my ressie but will follow fax as well (close to Old Man Pool and the transportation - again thanks for the advice on these posts)

3 nights at WL - we stayed there in March and going back - I could not justify paying $215 for Savannah at AKL without my wife there as well (paying $154 for Woods View at WL)

Eureka! Another excuse to go back soon:

"So, my dear lovely wife we have to go back to WDW again so DS and DH and you can see the beautiful Savannah view and stay at the AKL"

LOL - wish me luck in my strategy

Actually she is a sweetheart letting "the boys" go on their own.

Thanks again
Jason

We stayed at WL with 2 adults and 2 children (2 and 3) and the boat ride to the MK made things very easy. Although the animals at AK really tempted me, and if I were going during summer, a zero depth pool would be nicer for the kids. I'm glad we didn't need to bus the long distance to the MK (where we spent most of our time).

Keep in mind that the more you pay for your resort, the closer the bus line is at the resorts. That extra 50 yards carrying a kid can be a big difference as well.

I am glad you made a decision. I always like to remember that my daughter (5) wouldn't care where we stayed as long as we were together.

That being said, you should stay where it will be most convenient and easy for you to enjoy your time with your son.

....SUPER dad for doing this!!! Boy, POR AND WL; how cool is that?? (and, taking the DW for another visit to WDW...what are you, a contestant for "Dad of the Year"??? -lol-)

Elk34....didn't know that Character Caravan ceased when EE started up again ~ thanks for the 4-1-1;) !:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter