Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

Then over by the Haunted Mansion's shop?

i-rJqHCq6-S.jpg

No Ma'am, not by the Haunted Mansion shop. :tink:

After 13 hours of preparation for our Thanksgiving meal I think I'm most excited about sampling this...

i-53TNKnv-XL.jpg
i-dKKJBCH-L.jpg
:goodvibes

Walnut Maple Cake...3 layers of not exactly "heart healthy" ingredients (3 total cups of butter in cake & icing; 5 cups powdered sugar; half & half and maple syrup) but sure looks good. :cloud9: :tink:

After 13 hours of preparation for our Thanksgiving meal I think I'm most excited about sampling this...

i-53TNKnv-XL.jpg
i-dKKJBCH-L.jpg
:goodvibes

Walnut Maple Cake...3 layers of not exactly "heart healthy" ingredients (3 total cups of butter in cake & icing; 5 cups powdered sugar; half & half and maple syrup) but sure looks good. :cloud9: :tink:

Well that looks good.:hyper:

BFF's granddaughter 2nd from left...good performance AGAIN by our beautiful Brahmadoras! This was their 14th performance at Houston's Thanksgiving Day Parade. :goodvibes

23905666_1878604438820384_8776793094530108011_n.jpg
:tink:

Last edited:
Sweet friend Michelle volunteering at Gallery Furniture...Houston's famous "Mattress Mac" has a heart of gold and always "gives back". He opened his furniture store during Hurricane Harvey as a shelter; refunded THOUSANDS of dollars after the Astros won the World Series (he ran that promotion during baseball season...if the Astros won the World Series he'd refund money on ALL mattress purchases made during the season :faint:) and today he's feeding the less fortunate in his parking lot...awesome man!

23795506_1706066016072760_6171487273250747375_n.jpg

23915881_1705994696079892_6137107389180452865_n.jpg

23754902_1705994692746559_8506691823512425460_n.jpg

Heritage House? Yankee Trader?

Where are your Cowboys, still waiting for them to show up.:rolleyes1

We were too! :rotfl: DH came up the hall as we were getting ready to go to my sister's for dinner and said WHERE IS THE OFFENSE? :crazy: My nephews were having FITS when we got to her house...THEY would have done a better job coaching today! :faint:

i-rJqHCq6-S.jpg

Not the Heritage House or Yankee Trader. Y'all are going in the wrong direction :goodvibes...this is actually as close to the Christmas shop as you can get without being IN the shop. :goodvibes :scratchin :tink:

We were too! :rotfl: DH came up the hall as we were getting ready to go to my sister's for dinner and said WHERE IS THE OFFENSE? :crazy: My nephews were having FITS when we got to her house...THEY would have done a better job coaching today! :faint:

i-rJqHCq6-S.jpg

Not the Heritage House or Yankee Trader. Y'all are going in the wrong direction :goodvibes...this is actually as close to the Christmas shop as you can get without being IN the shop. :goodvibes :scratchin :tink:

Portrait Gallery?

I didn't do very well in football today.:sad2:

The Thanksgiving week always proves to be "interesting" for our family. This year it's been a little sad...not for us personally but the "circumstances". On Monday my niece, her husband and step-son were at their deer lease with another family. Mid-afternoon they noticed a helicopter in the area hearding cattle (a common practice on large Texas ranches). The chopper was flying low trying to get the cattle into a pen. Suddenly the tail brushed a power line and the blade became entangled. In the blink of an eye it had crashed and burned. The 25 year old pilot did not survive. :sad1: Her husband and his friend (both former police officers) rushed to the site but no chance of pulling the pilot to safety. After calling 911 the ranch filled with police officers, the fire department, TV reporters and photographers and all the government agency's that investigate crashes. My niece had gone to the entrance to the property to direct the officers to the site...that's her silver car...

636467953593183800-HelicopterCrash-Electra.jpg

They ALL have interviews scheduled at the beginning of next week with the government agency's...including the 17, 15 and 12 year old children. :eek:

We had a lovely dinner tonight, especially enjoying the company of our friend Paul's parents who have been visiting the States since June from Thailand (fascinating couple :lovestruc). Shortly after dinner they left wanting to experience the "Thursday night blockbuster sales". Paul had planned on taking them to a huge outlet mall just outside of Waller off of Hwy. 290. About 30 minutes after they left DD's Facebook page "blew up" with reports of a manhunt in the Waller, Hwy 290 area. One of our State Highway Patrol Officers had been shot in the back about 100 miles north and had fled to the Houston area. He was spotted in Hempstead and the manhunt began.

23795144_10204061221887495_1544413556684360004_n.jpg

Paul and his parents were driving directly into the area and we didn't have a way to contact him! :headache: Anxious to hear how THAT "adventure" went for him and his parents. :scared: The tracking dogs finally captured the suspect and he's "tucked into the nearest jail".:furious:

On the bright side...THAT CAKE WAS GOOD! :cloud9: :tink:

More than enough of everything at DD's for lunch...and dinner at my sister's had EVEN MORE :faint:! Another floral contribution by Redstorm too! She's getting pretty good at that flower arranging stuff! :goodvibes

i-cbm5bW3-L.jpg
i-bdFKXd7-L.jpg

Portrait Gallery?

I didn't do very well in football today.:sad2:

Forgot to answer this last night...ALL the football games were strange today, weren't they? :confused3 Like...EVERYONE was thinking about the turkey dinner waiting for them at home. Yesterday's games were all NOT what was expected. :crazy: We're taking a break this afternoon...taking DGD's to the movies. :goodvibes

i-rJqHCq6-S.jpg

Tell me exactly where/what you mean by "portrait gallery". I hesitate to say no because there are "portraits" in the same area (and that's a little clue :goodvibes). :tink:

Forgot to answer this last night...ALL the football games were strange today, weren't they? :confused3 Like...EVERYONE was thinking about the turkey dinner waiting for them at home. Yesterday's games were all NOT what was expected. :crazy: We're taking a break this afternoon...taking DGD's to the movies. :goodvibes

i-rJqHCq6-S.jpg

Tell me exactly where/what you mean by "portrait gallery". I hesitate to say no because there are "portraits" in the same area (and that's a little clue :goodvibes). :tink:

The little area outside that do the portraits of people?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter