Where do you find dates for Cheerleader Comps at WDW?

erinch

Parsing the same ee cummings poem for 20 years
The title asks it all. Can’t find a thread!

Sadly I don't think Disney does well at keeping their own WWOS website up, been this way for YEARS even when my over 30 kids were competing in HS AND ....

.... JMO but I think Disney knows folks check the site for competitions and Cheer/Dance are often perceived as negatively impacting hotels/guests, so easy enough to just leave off. They stay values and moderates. I mean the groups going have all the information and these aren't open to any group to sign up, so no real need to list.

AND the list you have is not even all of them, add ~

Cheer Worlds UCA/UDA ALL Star National March 8-9, 2025

Dance Classic April 4-6, 2025

Crystal Dance Classic April 11-13, 2025

Cheerleading Worlds 2025 April 25-28, 2025

Dance Summit May 2-4, 2025

Dance the World June 28-July 2, 2025

Summer Dance Classic July 10-13, 2025

World Dance July 9-14, 2025

AND probably more ... as there are quite a few that are hosted at local venues (not WWOS) but still stay at Disney and get group park tickets.

Last edited:
We happened to be at Disney a few years ago on the same week as one of those cheer competitions. We didn't find it made any difference at the parks since most teams were likely practicing and/or competing during the day. Perhaps if staying where they are you might notice a difference, but otherwise I don't think it matters with regard to planning your vacation (assuming that is why you are asking).

I agree that the parks are mildly affected by sports teams BUT the resort is a different story. Resorts are over run with wild teams.
Teens at bus stops, food court, lawn area and lobby.

Guess it depends on which resorts they are at. Likely they are staying at the lower priced ones. We were staying @ Contemporary and noticed no difference.

The dance ones are usually organized by independent event management/travel agencies. I’m not sure about cheer. I don’t think Disney releases a comprehensive list for all of them.

We did Dance the World which was organized by World Class Vacations. They had several dates over the summer and at Christmas time. It did affect park crowds because dance events usually happen at MK, EP but also DS. And there is plenty of time baked into the schedule for dancers and their families to enjoy the parks. Cheer competitions might be a different story.

From what I’ve seen, resorts offered for these events are Pop, All Stars, POR, CBR, S&D, and AKL (yes, AKL). Most groups choose the lower priced options though.

Thanks for the tip about where these people stay when they come. Looks like we are planning to go during a cheer event and might look at other resorts to see if we can keep the rowdiness down!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest