You gotta know what you're booking
Know what they're cooking
Know when to get online
Know when to phone
You don't count your reservations
When you're working Disney magic
There'll be time enough to count them
When the planning's done

So... our planning's done -- I look at it daily and haven't made any changes in the last few weeks! I think that means it's good to go. Now what? Nothing else to do. No upcoming next trip. Our APs expire the day we leave. I find I'm drawn to hopping on other peoples' planning threads and helping them!

When I had nothing left to plan or book I started watching YouTube videos of different Disney attractions that I was planning to visit. Rides, shows, etc. It helped my anxiety about knowing what to expect when I got there. Also, it's fun! At least it is for me. And it gave me new ideas of things to do that I hadn't thought of before.

All of my plans are set pretty much in stone but we’re still just shy of 2 months away. I’ve taken to watching the Disney parks planning video on virtual repeat. DW says I need a hobby, so I switched to the DCL planning video.

I just try to put it out of my mind for a while. Once my FP are set, I just let it go until about a week or so before departure day when I pack.

About a month or so before the trip I always hit the "Disney Wall". I spend so much time planning that I hit it hard. Then about four or five days before we leave I get into trip mode. I get down the luggage and start packing and reviewing all my plans. Heck, I'm doing it right now for a trip I have booked for the week after Thanksgiving. The sad thing is there is about a 5% chance we go on this trip. As an exercise I have focused on planning a 4 park day.

All of my plans are set pretty much in stone but we’re still just shy of 2 months away. I’ve taken to watching the Disney parks planning video on virtual repeat. DW says I need a hobby, so I switched to the DCL planning video.
This is too funny! When I tell people I could talk Disney all day, they just laugh and think I am joking. But I could literally talk Disney all day.

When my TPs has totally firmed up, I started working on a spreadsheet for the week. I thought it was actually super helpful in making me think through exactly when we needed to leave the resort and we had to do to get ready for that plus when we were getting back, etc.

Now, you just have to watch and see how the EMH changes and opening and park closing times change to screw all of your plans up. I think they do that just to prove that you can't really plan ahead too well.

Fortunately that has happened for me already for June. Of course there is always the possibility of more changes though I have never run into it for the first week of June the last couple of years.

I was very surprised when park hours changed late in the game for first week of May this year and EMH was extended to every morning at AK. Not seen that before in early May. And it wasn't even busy.

As we get closer when all plans are done - we decorate magicbands and make matching tie dye shirts. I feel like we are always doing something until we leave. So much fun. Enjoy!

About a month or so before the trip I always hit the "Disney Wall". I spend so much time planning that I hit it hard.
I've never heard someone express this feeling before. This is me! Every trip I hit a point in the planning process where I'm just done. But, I love the planning up until I hit that wall. It just takes so much time away from my day-to-day life. Of course, there are many times when I embrace the escape!

I've never heard someone express this feeling before. This is me! Every trip I hit a point in the planning process where I'm just done. But, I love the planning up until I hit that wall. It just takes so much time away from my day-to-day life. Of course, there are many times when I embrace the escape!
I am so glad to hear that I am not alone! After planning for 18 months, being the crazy-obsessive Disney-nut, I am now almost emotionless about our trip. We leave in 5 days and I feel... resigned. I have 3 1/2 days off before we leave, so I am hopeful that rest and packing will stir me back up to my lovely Disney-froth. Perhaps it is because the trip is fully planned, finalized; I can only wait...until I can pack!

I usually hit my wall a few weeks before I book FP. I hate waiting to do that.

After I book FP I will spend about 2 weeks modifying, tweaking and changing dining around.

Then I hit another wall until about a week before we leave lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter