When is the Big Hero 6 Ride Coming?

Little c Travel

Mouseketeer
Saw the movie last night, loved it.

If Disney cannot put Marvel into the parks they should go ahead and put Big Hero 6 into the parks. I expect Disney has no plans to do anything with the movie in the new DHS but this movie was taylor made to be a Disney attraction.

Saw the movie last night, loved it. If Disney cannot put Marvel into the parks they should go ahead and put Big Hero 6 into the parks. I expect Disney has no plans to do anything with the movie in the new DHS but this movie was taylor made to be a Disney attraction.
Well they do have character meet and greets in the park but it would probably be a few years before they would put an attraction in the parks especially depending on the success of the movie.

If it becomes a Frozen success (which is still too early to tell, at this point) then we could maybe see a Frozen timeline (2-3 years).

Saw the movie last night, loved it.

If Disney cannot put Marvel into the parks they should go ahead and put Big Hero 6 into the parks. I expect Disney has no plans to do anything with the movie in the new DHS but this movie was taylor made to be a Disney attraction.

Technically it is a Marvel film based very loosely on a short lived obscure Marvel comic but they can use it in the parks. I think that's one reason Marvel is venturing into some of their less known characters like Guardians of the Galaxy because Universal doesn't have the rights.

Historically WDW has taken a long time between the release of a movie and the opening of a ride based on the movie. The fastest, which used park on and existing ride, was Space Ranger Spin at about 3 years, Frozen will beat this at about 2 years. The fastest totally new ride was Magic Carpets of Aladdin at 9 years. The average gap is 20 years.

Note that these statistics are just about rides not shows, and are only for WDW.

If it becomes a Frozen success (which is still too early to tell, at this point) then we could maybe see a Frozen timeline (2-3 years).

This right here.

If merchandising potential goes ballistic then count on it pretty quick. If it's a short term fad, then never.

Even if it became a Frozen success (don't forget, that's on the order of the fifth biggest money maker ever in the theaters) I doubt you would get this kind of WDW turnaround unless there's a conveniently underfunded country in Epcot that could be converted to be San Fransokyo. It would only get a ride then if there's already an existing track.

In the meantime they'll probably invest a few trillion Yen to actually develop the nanobot technology to support a Big Hero 6 attraction for one of the Tokyo parks.

There's no princess appeal, so I don't expect them to ram this one down our throats.

Should fade away as quietly as it has come in.

The movie has gotten great reviews in general, so I don't think it will fade away too quickly. No doubt it will not spark an immediate Frozen-level phenomenon in the parks, but it does have appeal to both boys and girls and, given all of the futuristic robotics that play a role in the film, Epcot's Future World could also be a logical home for the general concept, regardless of how they bring in the characters. At this point, FW needs some pretty drastic help, and I'm hoping that between now and 2021 (WDW 50th), it gets some attention like the rest of the parks are getting.

2022, when they change the Japan pavilion over to San Fransokyo. They are going to put in a bunch of those inflatable jumping houses in the shape of Baymax.

Isn't the Meet the World show building still waiting back there, all ready and patiently waiting for an attraction to be easily loaded in?

I said to my daughter when we were watching the movie, "this would make a great ride!" Maybe one day...

Well they do have character meet and greets in the park but it would probably be a few years before they would put an attraction in the parks especially depending on the success of the movie.

My four year old daughter loved this movie! Where is the meet and greet??

The Magic of Disney Animation building at Hollywood Studios.

Do it soon though. It's rumored that it won't be continuing very long due to problems with Baymax's suit. I'm not one for character meet and greets but my cousin and I waited about an hour to meet Baymax and it was totally worth it. We actually waited 30 minutes or so the day before and decided to give up because of how hot it was in the little room they make you wait in.

I heard someone say this movie was a success but I've been hearing precious little about it since it first came out. I love heroes and Disney but I personally found the movie to be lacking. Do you think enough people connected greatly with the characters for it to become featured in an attraction?

I heard someone say this movie was a success but I've been hearing precious little about it since it first came out. I love heroes and Disney but I personally found the movie to be lacking. Do you think enough people connected greatly with the characters for it to become featured in an attraction?

It actually did pretty well, and it still hasn't been released in many countries. The problem is that people are still talking about Frozen even one year after its release. Big Hero 6 has been a pretty silent hit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter