What's the worst thing that you think could happen on your street?

This has what happened where I lived for most years on a cul de sac .
My neighbors husband OD, but somehow survived just to do it again a few weeks later where he didn’t make it.

2003 Isabel.

My mom passed away at home.

My next door neighbor tried to kill himself after he found out his wife was having an affair .

Yesterday we had a big storm ( I now live about 7 minutes away and still friends . A tree was struck by lighting and came down onto my former neighbors garbage cans so glad no one was hurt, but it also took power line down.

My last apartment section in same complex as where I live. Our neighbor cause our apartment building to catch on fire.

A couple months later there was a big storm and a tree went into the next building no one was hurt.

A few months after that the building next to the tree building, a young woman came to an apartment for the guise of babysitter from a city over an hour away took the baby. They were later found in her home city but we had cops all over and helicopters.

--->
Parts of our mountain road washed away several miles from our home in either direction last summer. It happened at a lower altitude than we are. We were under construction at the time so it didn't affect us as we weren't living here yet. The route we use was repaired in about a week but the other side and multiple roads in the lakes region of NH were out for weeks. It would be a very long drive through steep, winding roads (thinking winter yikes) to get here. DH would drive to work but I'd be here for the duration!

We have a generator that can support all our needs indefinitely summer or winter as long as we have enough gasoline. During the big ice storm in 2009, snowmobilers were bringing in supplies and evacuating people, so that would be our supply chain.

When I was a kid the guy across the street murdered his wife, as well as the pregnant woman who rented an apartment upstairs in their house, then he killed himself. They were all found by the pregnant woman's husband.

We had a lot of crazy things happen on our quiet suburban street.

When I was a child, one brother stabbed his other brother and the stabbed brother died across the street from me and my neighbor. We were 5 and 6 at the time and witnessed the whole thing. Thank goodness the stabber did not come after us.

'could' because it's happened once for sure that's been proven but potentialy on multiple occasions-

serial killer who traditionaly took his victims back to his hidden lair decided to transport and leave parts of one victim in our neighborhood, reportedly b/c he had fond memories of playing in the wooded acreage during his childhood.

There's already a guy who deals drugs on the street so the worst thing would probably be someone getting shot.

Our neighbor's son is a contractor. He was renovating a house nearby recently and they had to tear up concrete in part of the foundation. They uncovered a body buried in the concrete!

About 30 years ago, a 5year old was abducted in our neighborhood. So while this was “1 street” over…I would not want that to happen on anyone’s street.

In this case, the mom realized pretty quickly that something was wrong. Police were called, and everyone in neighborhood were searching. He was found by one of the neighbors about 2 hours later. The boy stated that the person who took him told the boy “he was his new dad”. Yes, a very scary situation, but ended relatively quickly, and with the best possible outcome.

"could happen"
We are the last house on a dead end street. We've been hearing for the past 15 years that our street will be extended & more houses built on the wooded land next to us.
"did happen"
Squatters in the vacant house right across the street from us. Thankfully they were removed without any issues.

Technically, anything can happen. Two years ago, however, there was a death two doors down. We live in an upper middle class neighborhood. Drug abuse doesn’t, care though.

Can be anything
I would say having to dodge the cars
We live in a rural area and our street consists of gravel and sand. The worst thing has happened but I hope it doesn't happen again. Before Christmas a few years ago, someone stole our blue spruce which was close to the road. They did this in the middle of the night,, the jerks. We now have 2 other blue spruces that are reaching Christmas tree height and I hope they don't get stolen too. I don't know what to do to stop it as we can't see the road from our curvy driveway.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest