What's Going on at Board Walk?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
Specifically, are ESPN Club, Belle Vue, Big River open and are surry bike rentals available?

Thanks,
Bill From PA

Specifically, are ESPN Club, Belle Vue, Big River open and are surry bike rentals available?

Thanks,
Bill From PA
During the week leading up to Christmas they were all closed. I haven’t seen anything about opening since then.

My wife and I just left BWV and as of Tuesday the ESPN Club was still closed. There were no bike rentals available. As to the Belle Vue and Big River I unfortunately didn’t notice.

Yeah all still closed. Big River I thought I had read filed for Chapter 11 and most likely won’t be reopening.

Does anyone now if the pizza window is open ?

how about the place where they sell french fries and hot dogs , which I think is right across
from the pizza window on the lake side ??

Does anyone now if the pizza window is open ?

how about the place where they sell french fries and hot dogs , which I think is right across
from the pizza window on the lake side ??
When I was there 2 weeks ago the pizza window was open but I believe all the places across were closed.

Yeah all still closed. Big River I thought I had read filed for Chapter 11 and most likely won’t be reopening.

Wow so Big River and Ample Hills are both bankrupt. Wonder what'll take their place. Part of the appeal to staying BW or BC/YC are the choices for food. Hopefully they get something added soon.

And as a heads-up, Ample Hills is also gone. They ran into financial problems. So far, nothing has opened to replace them.

Enjoy your trip!!

Right now, the only outlets open on the BW are AbracadaBar, Trattoria al Forno, Screen Door General Store, BW Bakery, and the Pizza Window.

Ample Hills is closed permanently. The sign has been removed and the storefront has been cleaned out and covered up.

Big River Grill is also still closed. While I’ve heard the company has struggled a bit, I still could see this location reopening. The chain’s other two locations are now operational and there hasn’t been any indications the BW space being closed permanently (sign removal, etc...). We’ll see though.

The BW To-Go kiosk and Wyland Galleries are closed. Both are also third-party operators so not even sure Disney knows what will happen with these outlets.

Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance are both closed as well. I’d be shocked if Jellyrolls didn’t come back (in some form) and I’d be even more shocked if Atlantic Dance did come back. I think the ladder will be dedicated to hosting special events/meetings full-time going forward.

ESPN Club, Belle Vue, and Flying Fish are also all closed but will likely reopen when the Inn-side (eventually lol) reopens. They’re all Disney-owned. As a reminder, the Inn-side doesn’t currently have a reopening date scheduled.

Surrey Bike Rentals (much like my beloved boat rentals across the lake) are not currently available. I really hope they bring them back but far from a guarantee at this point.

Yes the fun of staying at BWV has definitely changed. You do not get the same energy of all the people, shops, and restaurants. That is why we decided to stay at SSR last trip to visit DS as often as we wanted.

Unless things change, our next trip to BWV will not be as fun.
As noted Big River is closed permanently as is Ample Hills. Their ice cream was so much better than Beaches and Cream.
Forgot about Flying Fish being closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter