What to wear in WDW in August?

I have been going in August for quite a few years and I love it!

As far as clothes, we bring 5-6 outfits per person max. But I do laundry during our mid day breaks or pool days. We wear 2 outfits per day and shower during our mid day break after our naps, lol! DH and I also shower in the morning before going to the park.

We also tend to get wet from rides or misters so after our break we don’t want to put on our icky wet clothes.

Same! Mid-day breaks were a must for us in August, both for a reprieve from the heat and so we could change our clothes! We also showered in the morning and wore two outfits per day. Something else to consider for this time of year!

Kohls had some cute cotton Disney tee shirts when we went. They had every character imaginable and they were very lightweight. I’m sure they still have them online if not in the store.

One another thing I'll add... if chafe is ever an issue for you like it is for me, Body Glide was helpful for that. I carried it in my bag to re-apply throughout the day. With the sweat moisture and humidity, I did inevitably experience chafe so next time I may try bicycle style shorts or something that won't ride up.
I find that monistat chafing relief powder gel works way better than body glide.

I find that monistat chafing relief powder gel works way better than body glide.

Good tip... I tried that too! lol! They both worked to some degree but the chafe was real! I need a physical barrier I think next time. LOL!

Just wear as little as you can get away with :thumbsup2 Light weight tanks and shorts if you can pull them off. I feel like I am past the shorts age myself (just a personal hang up, not throwing shade on anyone else) so I like to wear skorts. But I still wear tanks, just ones that have plenty of coverage. DD17 likes light sun dresses.

I get most of my clothes like this at Kohl's or even eBay (mostly Lands End stuff - they had some great golf skorts for awhile). Old Navy doesn't fit me well.

I'm not a shorts fan either, but I do like skorts & sun dresses!

We do plan on mid-day breaks, and I'll have a washer/dryer in our room (YAY DVC rental!!), so multiple outfits a day will be great idea!

Thanks to all those that suggested Old Navy - I'll check them out! (I haven't shopped for a LONG time for anything other than business casual.)

I have worn shorts and skirts and found that I prefer skirts by far. They are much more comfortable for me than shorts were. I just found them to be much less binding and I was cooler wearing a nearly knee length skirt that when in shorts. Increased airflow and all. I am very petite and can wear girls skirts and found a couple athletic skorts similar to this at Old Navy and they were awesome. Maybe you can find something similar http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1076965&pcid=1062950&vid=1&pid=203826012

This is my FAVE tank for WDW. Dries super quick, even in August humidity, is really comfortable, and it's the perfect balance between loose and fitted. https://www.target.com/p/women-s-v-neck-tank-top-c9-champion-174/-/A-51712390#lnk=sametab

Skorts and sundresses for me. I don't carry a bag so I have to find things with pockets (and I don't sew so adding them to sundresses isn't an option). I wear exercise tank tops with shelf bras with the skorts.

I've found a few skorts on Amazon that are similar to sparkle brand but half the price. The pockets work out well as long as you are just carrying a cell phone and and a little cash and a few cards.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073P1N3V5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071NMG1B3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I found a few sundresses at NY and company with pockets which also work well. I also have a couple I've gotten from Old Navy but they are a sort of jersey material, which is nice and cool but the pockets really sag with the cell phone in them.

I was in the same position last year when we went in Aug. Lost weight and needed new clothes. I ended up buying some hanes t shirts from Walmart. They have a bunch of different styles and colors for about $5 each. I didn't want to spend much money knowing that I would be perspiring a lot. We also took advantage of the rain showers and the different water rides / cooling stations. If you plan on cooling off this way, be sure your outfits and not to light that they are see through when wet.

That's our favorite time to go! I really love Target tank tops and Old Navy shorts. Light cotton dresses are a favorite too. I always change clothes after our mid-day break and end up doing laundry in the middle of our trip. Congrats on all the weight loss! That's so awesome! I lost 40 pounds before our last trip and have since fell off the wagon a bit and gained 10 back. You've inspired me to get back at it!

Wear as little as possible, lol. Seriously though, I have been twice in August and it’s brutal. Bring plenty of extra underwear, the wicking kind like for running is even better. At least for me it was more comfortable than soggy cotton panties. Same with socks. I wore a lot of tank tops too because I couldn’t stand to be so sweaty and at least got a little air circulation going.

I just ordered some shorts and a tank from athleta. I LOVE their swimwear, but I think everything is pretty overpriced. Check the sale section and see what’s in your size. I find it runs pretty true to size. I’m definitely on the hunt for some good summer park clothes, too.

Also check out Thred Up for athletic wear. I just purchased a pair of Zenergy by Chico's Active skorts for about $9, new with tags.

Y'all - I just went down a rabbit hole (pun intended)... I just found running skorts (skirts with integrated shorts) on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PVXO7J6/ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_U_x_I-gKAbJEBS9ZM and THEN, I found a site on Amazon called Queen of Cases that sells all kinds of shirts/tanks, leggings, etc. with Disney themes!! https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_ex_...8344011&bbn=7141123011&ie=UTF8&qid=1519436778 (like Haunted mansion, the Disney Map, Cruella deVille, etc.!) YIKES! Gotta stop looking or I'll be broke before I even GET to Disney!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter