What is your personal maximum wait for the big rides?

xipotec

Grinning Ghosts
How long would you wait for each of the following rides:

ROTR:
INDY:
SPaCE:
RSR:
BTMRR:
GOTG:
SPWS:
INCREDiCOSTER:
MATTERHORN:
and for kicks:

HM:
POTC:
SPLASH:

Also, are you a pass holder, frequent visitor or once in a long while guest?

I have a low threshold for waits in general lol. When I was a passholder and went weekly the answer to everything was pretty much 0-10 minutes. Now that I'm out of state and only visit every few years my answers are different. If I have a short visit and have only 1 chance to ride something I'd be willing to wait longer.

How long would you wait for each of the following rides:

ROTR: 45
INDY: 30
SPaCE: 20
RSR: 15
BTMRR: 30
GOTG: 20
SPWS: 15
INCREDiCOSTER:
MATTERHORN: 30
and for kicks:

HM: 20
POTC: Forever
SPLASH: 20

Also, are you a pass holder, frequent visitor or once in a long while guest?

The wait times for me are dependent upon the "bang for your buck". For example, POTC is a longer ride so I'm willing to wait a little bit longer for it than others...but nothing over 35 minutes (even that is pushing it)!

ROTR: 30 mins
INDY: 20 mins
SPaCE: 0....this one is too wild for me!
RSR: 30 mins
BTMRR: 20 mins
GOTG: 15 mins
SPWS: 35 mins
INCREDiCOSTER: 15 mins
MATTERHORN: 15 mins
and for kicks:

HM: 20 mins
POTC: 30 mins
SPLASH: 15 mins

So every time i check the DLR app as someone who is used to WDW numbers.....ROTR being at 75 minutes would not bother me. While i have never ridden it, RSR i dont think id wait more than 45 for.

The wait times for me are dependent upon the "bang for your buck". For example, POTC is a longer ride so I'm willing to wait a little bit longer for it than others...but nothing over 35 minutes (even that is pushing it)!

ROTR: 30 mins
INDY: 20 mins
SPaCE: 0....this one is too wild for me!
RSR: 30 mins
BTMRR: 20 mins
GOTG: 15 mins
SPWS: 35 mins
INCREDiCOSTER: 15 mins
MATTERHORN: 15 mins
and for kicks:

HM: 20 mins
POTC: 30 mins
SPLASH: 15 mins
So, in the summer you are not riding anything past 10:30am ? LOL….

All those times are way lower than standby waits currently at DL for most of the day!

I don't think I have ever seen ROTR shorter than 45 minutes? Mostly its 60-90 minutes?

So, in the summer you are not riding anything past 10:30am ? LOL….

All those times are way lower than standby waits currently at DL for most of the day!

I don't think I have ever seen ROTR shorter than 45 minutes? Mostly its 60-90 minutes?
Haha, we're out-of-state so only visit during October, December/January, or the occasional March.

Waits can definitely get long during those times, but we have learned how to use Genie+ and do early morning/late night. For ROTR, last time we were there we found wait times to be around 60-ish minutes after the morning crush for standby. When we get Genie+, our wait is usually not more than 15-25 minutes.

We have been really fortunate to have gone many times and know we'll be back so if something is too long we just save it for later in the day, the next day, or next trip.

I also no longer have a tolerance for long lines (too used to Fastpass, Genie+, etc.). That said, if I'm filling some time before a LL return time or a dining reservation, I have a little more patience. It's rough when the wait times are significantly longer than posted, though. I typically go once every 1-2 years. I usually rope drop, park hop, stay late, and use LLs/MEPs in between.

ROTR: 60 min (don't want to buy ILL)
INDY: 30 min
SPACE: 45 min
RSR: 45 min
BTMRR: 30 min
GOTG: 45 min
SPWS: 30 min (glad they started up single rider & EE for this one)
INCREDICOSTER: 20 min
MATTERHORN: 30 min
and for kicks:

HM: 20 min
POTC: 20 min
SPLASH: 20 min

Go once every couple of years. Never went without a Maxpass or Genie+. All of these except POTC I will get a pass for. We build our plan around not waiting long in the morning and then jumping from Genie+ to Genie+, hitting non-Genie+ rides along the way if it makes sense.

ROTR:ILL or nothing. I don't trust this ride with standby. We did Virtual Queue at WDW and waited I think 50 minutes which was fine. Now that we've ridden it, we won't wait too long given the volatile nature of the ride.
INDY: 30 minutes, if the line is full in the outdoor queue, I skip and get a FP
SPaCE: 30 minutes, we hit this first thing at rope drop
RSR: ILL or nothing
BTMRR: 30 minutes. We usually FP this
GOTG: 30 minutes. I don't think I've ever not done this as a Maxpass/Genie+
SPWS: ILL. It was fine but not something I want to wait long for
INCREDiCOSTER: 30 minutes, again another one we hit at rope drop and ride over and over with low waits.
MATTERHORN: 30 minutes, usually MP or Genie+ it.
and for kicks:

HM: 30 minutes
POTC: 45 minutes
SPLASH: 30 minutes, we usually MP or Genie+ this one for around the time we're looking to leave for our after lunch break so we don't have to walk around with wet clothes.

Last edited:
ROTR: 60
INDY: 30
SPaCE: 30
RSR: 60
GOTG: 45
SPWS: 30
INCREDiCOSTER: 30
MATTERHORN: 30
and for kicks:

HM: 30
POTC: 30
SPLASH: 45

I’m a once-a-year or every-other-year visitor (non-local).

ROTR: 90
INDY: 45
SPaCE: 60
RSR: 30
GOTG: 45
SPWS: 30
INCREDiCOSTER: 20
MATTERHORN: 20
and for kicks:

HM: 40 (I'll wait up to 60 when it's the holiday version)
POTC: 25
SPLASH: 15

Well none of you get to ride lately unless you pay extra!!! Sorry, trying not to be bitter!!!

The number of times I've been on each ride over the past few years plays a big factor for me. I am a point where there are very few must-do rides to make the trip feel complete.

ROTR: 60 min I have a strange tolerance for this line.
INDY: 30 min
SPACE: 35 min
RSR: 40 min
BTMRR: 20 min
GOTG: 45 min Another unusual tolerance for the line ride
SPWS: 10 min Don't fell like I need to ride it again, ever. The ride doesn't impress me.
INCREDICOSTER: 25 min
MATTERHORN: 33 min
and for kicks:

HM: 35 min
POTC: 10 min
SPLASH: 40 min

I just got back. The weekend was nice, and we never got Genie+. Monday was much much worse. But I did not go with a family, I went with a friend. We took advantage of single rider which helped a lot, and we got in a lot of rides shortly before closing. We also took a lot of breaks and enjoyed cocktails :)

As far as actual number of minutes I'll wait, I can't nail it down. I'll wait a long time for something I really want to go on (like a new ride), but I won't do that very often. I don't mind waiting an hour for a favorite, but I don't wait much longer than that. I go often enough that I figure I can catch it next time.

I have a Believe key and go about 5-6 times/year. I do not live locally and generally fly down from Sacramento.

We're one in a while (like, every few years) visitors who are not much for lines. We have a general rule that we don't do more than 45 minutes in line.

ROTR: I think I might wait up to 60 minutes, but so far we've rope dropped and bought LL, never actually waited in line.
INDY: 35
SPaCE: 0. I hate this ride
RSR: I once waited 2 hours. NEVER AGAIN! 30 is my limit
BTMRR: 25
GOTG: 0
SPWS: 10
INCREDiCOSTER: 0 (but H will do 25)
MATTERHORN: 15
and for kicks:

HM: 20
POTC: 35
SPLASH: 25

Okay, I’ve been through the list on my Disneyland app and I’ll bite. What is SPWS?

My guess is Web Slingers: A Spider Man Adeventure being oddly abbreviated as: SPiderman Web Slingers.

My tolerance for waits really depends on what else I want to do with that time. For example, if I have a 40 minute gap between classes at Animation Academy, I like to do Web Slingers or Racers single rider. But even if I had a bunch of free time during the day without anything in particular planned, I still wouldn't want to wait more than 30 minutes for anything. After the night shows, my tolerance for wait times goes up to like an hour if it's something I really want to do. So if ROTR is open after fireworks, I'd be willing to wait whatever it took as long as I didn't really prefer to do another ride at that time. But I rarely go on it precisely because the wait is too long during the day.

I do break this rule occasionally for overlays such as Guardians Halloween or if there's something broken and I only have a limited time to see the broken version of the ride.

Well none of you get to ride lately unless you pay extra!!! Sorry, trying not to be bitter!!!
I'm sorry that was your experience. We were there July 4-8 and were able to ride everything we wanted to, multiple times, without buying G+

Im international solo and visit every June for the past 10 years. I have a low wait tolerance. I do most rides in the morning rope drop to 12pm and then in the evening time when the big shows are on.

ROTR: wont do standyby, only Individual Attraction Lightning Lane and 10 minutes maximum, if the Lightning Lane return queue is outside the scanner, I will sit and wait for it to reduce.
INDY: wont do standyby if line is in the outside queuing area before the Lightning Lane merge point, prefer to do only Lightning Lane.
RSR: wont do standyby, only Lightning Lane or single rider. Will only do single rider if the line is after the two bridges
BTMRR: wont do standyby, only Lightning Lane
HM: Standyby only if the queue is at the chain rope area / Lightning Lane merge point, otherwise only Lightning Lane
POTC: Only if the queue is in the chain rope area

I will use Genie+ in most cases.
On average, I wouldn't want to ride something with longer than a 20 minute wait, but I make some exceptions.
Since I am coming from out of state, I am probably more willing to wait, than if I there all the time.

ROTR: 45 (I am not sure where you start and stop counting waiting time for this ride, since there are so many sections)
INDY: 15
SPaCE: 15
RSR: 30
BTMRR: 15
GOTG: 20
SPWS: 15
INCREDiCOSTER: 20
MATTERHORN: 15
and for kicks:

HM: 25
POTC: 25
SPLASH: -- (I don't go on this, after my feet got soaked)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter