• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

What is your personal maximum wait for the big rides?

Mine will have two different numbers. My daughter and I go yearly and have our favorites which don't necessarily line up with what most people think of as the "big rides". We also tend to go left at rope drop and knock out that whole line of rides before our morning snack break :-) BUT... if we go with my husband and son, which rarely happens, we will wait much longer for the big ones for their experience. First number is me and my daughter, second is whole family. Oh... and we also always do Genie+ but mainly because I scrapbook and love having all of the photos.

ROTR: 60/90
INDY: 20/60
SPaCE: 0 (we only ride this once every 3 or so years)/60
RSR: 45/90
BTMRR: 0 (we rarely ride this)/30
GOTG: 0 (once was enough lol)/90
SPWS: 45/60
INCREDiCOSTER: 20/60
MATTERHORN: 15/30
and for kicks:

HM:
POTC: 15/30
SPLASH: 0/15

My zeros are more about those rides not being a priority for us than it is about not waiting in line. We'll seize the opportunity if lines are super short, but otherwise, we're good with skipping them.

My daughter and I are mostly experience people... we love the shows, the different performers, animation studio, classic dark rides, characters, etc. so we don't put as much emphasis on those big rides.

Going off what we were willing to endure our last trip (previously I would've said 30-45 max on the big rides)

ROTR: LL if over an hour
INDY: 75
SPaCE: 45
RSR: LL or single rider
BTMRR: 60
GOTG: 75
SPWS: 30
INCREDiCOSTER: 30/single rider
MATTERHORN: 45
and for kicks:

HM: 60
POTC: 75
SPLASH: 20

Last edited:
ROTR: 60
INDY: 45
SPaCE:45
RSR:45
BTMRR:30
GOTG:30
SPWS:40
INCREDiCOSTER:30
MATTERHORN:40
and for kicks:

HM:25
POTC:20
SPLASH:45

How long would you wait for each of the following rides:

ROTR: 90-120 minutes (thankfully much of the queue is indoors with fairly cool temps)
INDY: 45-60 minutes
SPaCE: 30 minutes (If I didn't truly HATE the "indoor" section of the queue I would wait longer)
RSR: 60 minutes
BTMRR: 40 minutes
GOTG: 75 minutes
SPWS: 90 minutes - haven't yet found/tried the single rider queue?
INCREDiCOSTER: 60 minutes
MATTERHORN: 60 minutes ... but, more often, will use the single rider queue for a shorter wait

HM: 10m (I'll only ride if the line is super short)
POTC: 30-45m
SPLASH: (We don't ride it. Don't like getting wet.)

Pass type: Magic Key ... we visit ~2 days/month.

But what happened to MFSR? Or PP? Mr. Toad's Wild Ride? Subs?

I have a hard rule that I won't get into ANY line that has a posted wait over 45 minutes.

There is absolutely nothing I am willing to wait over an hour for.

I'm a Dream Key holder who can go anytime I want, so that definitely factors in.

In general, I like to wait 0-20 minutes for an attraction and get antsy when I have to wait longer.

I'll wait for favorite rides up to an hour. Usually I'm a 15-20min ride wait person for the most part.

My husband and I just remarked the other day, that as teenagers..back in the day...we didn't really care how long we waited in line for theme park rides during the summer. That was part of the fun. Cutting up with your friends, flirting with other teens in line and eating junk food. We were oblivious to wait times back then.

Dream Key Holder

Last edited:
ROTR: 45 (there's things to look at!)
INDY: 45
SPaCE: 30 (the back and forth queue up top is boring to me)
RSR: 45 (I love this ride so I'm willing to put up with a little wait)
BTMRR: 30-45, depends on my mood
GOTG: 30 (anything where the queue has several switchbacks is a heck no)
SPWS: 30 (my first wait was 120-ish)
INCREDiCOSTER: 30
MATTERHORN: 30
and for kicks:

HM:
POTC: 30
SPLASH: 30

Also, are you a pass holder, frequent visitor or once in a long while guest?

I'm a pass-holder, but not local; usually down about every 6-8 weeks.

Generally, I'll do Single Rider when available.

How long would you wait for each of the following rides:

ROTR: 0 minutes. It made me so sick even with my motion band.

INDY: 30 minutes

SPaCE: 30 minutes

RSR: 45 minutes

BTMRR: 30 minutes

GOTG: 45 minutes

SPWS: 45 minutes

INCREDiCOSTER: 15 minutes

MATTERHORN: 0 minutes
and for kicks:

HM: 30 minutes
POTC: 30 minutes
SPLASH: 45 minutes

Also, are you a pass holder, frequent visitor or once in a long while guest? I think I'm a frequent visitor for coming from Washington. Sometimes once per year and other times up to three times in a year.

Usually no more than 30 mins max. I've lost alot of patience with people as I've gotten older. Especially with people kicking my cane out from under me because they're not paying attention, and just being rude.

ROTR: 60
INDY: 30
SPaCE: 60
RSR: 60
BTMRR: 30
GOTG: 45
SPWS: 0 (I haven't been on it, I haven't even been to Avenger's Campus, I don't really care for Marvel, lol)
INCREDiCOSTER: 30
MATTERHORN: 30

and for kicks:

HM: 0 (normal), 45 (overlay)
POTC: 30
SPLASH: 15

Also, are you a pass holder, frequent visitor or once in a long while guest?

AP living in the Bay Area, current visit cadence is quarterly. I have an 8 year old who just wants to live in Fantasyland and will only go on BTMRR, ROTR, and HM w/ overlay.

Pretty much always get G+/ILL because the time saved is worth the incremental cost for me, and I'm impatient. I'm also the type of person that pays the $25pp fee to get A1-A15 on Southwest Airlines, just so I can get off the plane first, and the $2.99 priority fee on DoorDash, just to save 5-7 mins.

ROTR: 30 min
INDY: 15 min
SPaCE: 30 min
RSR: 30 min
BTMRR: 30 min
GOTG: eek, no
SPWS: 30 min
INCREDiCOSTER: no, no
MATTERHORN: 15 min
and for kicks:

HM: 15 min, 30 during Halloween time
POTC: 20 min
SPLASH: nope

We are local-ish, DVC owners at the Grand, sometimes annual pass holders

20 minutes max for anything. We’re too used to FP/Genie/LL to tolerate longer, and we’re happy to wait for our next visit to do something, if necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter