What form of payment is accepted for resale properties?

pgp1206

Earning My Ears
Since we are considering purchasing through the resale market I was wondering if credit card payments are accepted for the full purchase price? I would like to run the purchase through my Disney VISA to get the points and then pay it off. I’m pretty sure DVC direct allows it but wasn’t sure about the resale outlets.
Also, does anyone know what the minimum points purchase was when Copper Creek first went on sale? I know the minimum now is 75 points but didn’t it originally start at a minimum of 50 points? Just trying to see what the resale market will be offering down the road.

If they did, they would charge you the 3% transaction fee, negating any points you would get from using the card.

If they did, they would charge you the 3% transaction fee, negating any points you would get from using the card.
When I put my deposit down for a resale contract with Fidelity through First American Title Company, I used a Visa to put my deposit down and I was not charged any type of transaction fee. It was taken in ROFR sadly, and they promptly refunded my card. I can't speak for any other companies at this time, but that was my experience with these companies last month.

Disney definitely accepts it for direct purchases. The guide I've been speaking with actually recommended that we use the Disney Visa to get 6 months 0% interest financing as well as the points. I'm don't think resale would qualify for the 6 months no interest financing though.

When I put my deposit down for a resale contract with Fidelity through First American Title Company, I used a Visa to put my deposit down and I was not charged any type of transaction fee. It was taken in ROFR sadly, and they promptly refunded my card. I can't speak for any other companies at this time, but that was my experience with these companies last month.

Disney definitely accepts it for direct purchases. The guide I've been speaking with actually recommended that we use the Disney Visa to get 6 months 0% interest financing as well as the points. I'm don't think resale would qualify for the 6 months no interest financing though.
That’s my impression as well. DVC can code it as vacation but I’m sure it wouldn’t work through other companies.

Both resale companies I used allowed the deposit to be put down on a credit card but the remaining payment had to be a bank check.

Magic Vacation Title can code your deposit as a travel/vacation expense. Mine were always coded this way. They do charge a $45 fee to use a credit card, but you can put up to $2,000 down as your deposit.

I still wish I could use my Southwest card for the remainder of my DVC resale purchase. I'd love to get alot of miles so that we could (1) Continue to get a companion pass (2) more miles to fly my family to Orlando. Id even be willing to pay $300 to $400 extra... I'm sure alot of people would if brokers allowed it.

I still wish I could use my Southwest card for the remainder of my DVC resale purchase. I'd love to get alot of miles so that we could (1) Continue to get a companion pass (2) more miles to fly my family to Orlando. Id even be willing to pay $300 to $400 extra... I'm sure alot of people would if brokers allowed it.

Same here!!! We just got the companion pass this year, and it is a game changer. Now, if SWA could work on their planes some, then I wouldn't have some nervousness with flying them. Sheesh!

Southwest Hawaii will start Q4 or 2019 Q1!!! Now with my DVC I'm planning on trying out their Hawaii resort :)

Southwest Hawaii will start Q4 or 2019 Q1!!! Now with my DVC I'm planning on trying out their Hawaii resort :)

We just got the companion pass for the first time this year, and it's amazing! I've been waiting all year to book Hawaii since they made the announcement last year. Hoping to get one more free trip in this year before we lose the CP next year.

Most resale companies will accept a small deposit for a sale, but require a bank check or wire to cover the bulk of the cost. DVC allows you to charge the whole thing.

To answer your other question, CCV has had a 50 point minimum for existing DVC members, and a 75 point minimum for new members, since launch.

Since we are considering purchasing through the resale market I was wondering if credit card payments are accepted for the full purchase price? I would like to run the purchase through my Disney VISA to get the points and then pay it off. I’m pretty sure DVC direct allows it but wasn’t sure about the resale outlets.
Also, does anyone know what the minimum points purchase was when Copper Creek first went on sale? I know the minimum now is 75 points but didn’t it originally start at a minimum of 50 points? Just trying to see what the resale market will be offering down the road.

We use multiple closing companies here at The Timeshare Store, Inc.® The majority will allow you to charge up to $2,000 on a credit card for the down payment. The remaining funds would need to be a wire transfer, bank check or cashiers check. If you purchase a Hilton Head property you are not allowed to charge any part of the transaction on a credit card.

We use multiple closing companies here at The Timeshare Store, Inc.® The majority will allow you to charge up to $2,000 on a credit card for the down payment. The remaining funds would need to be a wire transfer, bank check or cashiers check. If you purchase a Hilton Head property you are not allowed to charge any part of the transaction on a credit card.

Hi Jason, Just to clarify, I have checks from my credit card company with a 0% financing offer. Can I use that check to pay the remaining funds?

My closing documents just arrived via email. They specifically say no credit card checks since they aren't guaranteed funds. Only cashiers check, money order or wire transfer.

Sending a cashiers check or money order for $20k sure does make me nervous that it will get lost... Did you all insure the FedEx for $20k

DVC Direct from Disney absolutely takes credit cards. We used our Southwest card and got tons of points. We split it up into multiple charges over a couple of days due to credit limit (those Copper Creek points are expensive!)

DVC Direct from Disney absolutely takes credit cards. We used our Southwest card and got tons of points. We split it up into multiple charges over a couple of days due to credit limit (those Copper Creek points are expensive!)

So with DVC buying direct do you think they would allow multiple cards? Seems like yes since they were willing to split the charges over a couple days in your case.

So with DVC buying direct do you think they would allow multiple cards? Seems like yes since they were willing to split the charges over a couple days in your case.

Absolutely, you have 90 days to pay it in full and you can make multiple payments with different cards as you wish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter