What do I need to have prepared for online check-in?

Quick question before I read all I've missed - what's the current best way to check in online, to get an early PAT?
And what time has check in opened recently? I realized we are leaving to travel the day check in opens (unrelated travel). If it opens at 8 am I won't be able to log on until 24 hrs later. If it opens at midnight I will be hurting with no sleep at all, but it'll be possible.

Also: MCO-DCL transfers by DCL - do they still give an early PAT?? We are staying at the airport (MCO) the night before our cruise, and I have not arranged transfers yet. Family of 4, Gold status with DCL, if it matters for check in... THANK YOU!

taking Disney transport, a PAT will be assigned according to your Gold status. It’s automatic. Not sure there would be any point in logging on at midnight.

Quick question before I read all I've missed - what's the current best way to check in online, to get an early PAT?
And what time has check in opened recently? I realized we are leaving to travel the day check in opens (unrelated travel). If it opens at 8 am I won't be able to log on until 24 hrs later. If it opens at midnight I will be hurting with no sleep at all, but it'll be possible.

Also: MCO-DCL transfers by DCL - do they still give an early PAT?? We are staying at the airport (MCO) the night before our cruise, and I have not arranged transfers yet. Family of 4, Gold status with DCL, if it matters for check in... THANK YOU!
Online check in opens at midnight, Eastern.

If you are taking transfers from the Hyatt at the airport, you will be assigned a PAT and boarding group. If you are taking transfers from the airport, then you will need to select a PAT and boarding group. Check what your reservation says, because this is an important distinction.

If the former, no need to do it at midnight, as you'll automatically get a pretty good PAT. If the latter, and you want a good PAT, you'll want to sign on at midnight.

PAT time aside, I thought they just filled up the buses at MCO as people showed up? I mean, if you have a group of people with a PAT of noon, hanging around at 10:30 with a half empty bus, wouldn't they just load those people? (within reason).

Of course, PAT is not the same as Boarding Group Number which is semi strictly adhered to.

To be honest, for me, it's better to arrive later and walk straight on during "open boarding" than sweat the PAT/Boarding Group 'game' for an extra 30 minutes in line at Cabanas for mac & cheese.

PAT time aside, I thought they just filled up the buses at MCO as people showed up? I mean, if you have a group of people with a PAT of noon, hanging around at 10:30 with a half empty bus, wouldn't they just load those people? (within reason).

Of course, PAT is not the same as Boarding Group Number which is semi strictly adhered to.

To be honest, for me, it's better to arrive later and walk straight on during "open boarding" than sweat the PAT/Boarding Group 'game' for an extra 30 minutes in line at Cabanas for mac & cheese.
Yes as the buses are filled they leave, PAT doesn’t matter. Now when you get to port and in the terminal you do have to wait till your boarding group#.
I like to arrive later also, walk on, eat lunch, rooms are ready.

Thank you! Yes, staying overnight at the Hyatt inside the airport.
So for the automatic PAT assignment (or is it a BG assignment?) is it important that I have the transfer pre-booked before check in opens? Or will booking a transfer after check in void the originally assigned PAT?

And: Is the consensus that currently the Hyatt assigned PAT/BG is likely going to be better than anything I might get at midnight? (I’ve previously felt very unlucky with my midnight check ins (technical difficulties, website crashes etc. all leading to late PAT/double digit BG over the last cruises.)

Online check in opens at midnight, Eastern.

If you are taking transfers from the Hyatt at the airport, you will be assigned a PAT and boarding group. If you are taking transfers from the airport, then you will need to select a PAT and boarding group. Check what your reservation says, because this is an important distinction.

If the former, no need to do it at midnight, as you'll automatically get a pretty good PAT. If the latter, and you want a good PAT, you'll want to sign on at midnight.

Taking DCL transport from the airport Hyatt will get you an assigned PAT. Taking DCL transport from the airport itself will not.

Thank you! Yes, staying overnight at the Hyatt inside the airport.
So for the automatic PAT assignment (or is it a BG assignment?) is it important that I have the transfer pre-booked before check in opens? Or will booking a transfer after check in void the originally assigned PAT?

And: Is the consensus that currently the Hyatt assigned PAT/BG is likely going to be better than anything I might get at midnight? (I’ve previously felt very unlucky with my midnight check ins (technical difficulties, website crashes etc. all leading to late PAT/double digit BG over the last cruises.)
PAT and boarding group are linked. There will be several boarding groups inside one PAT, but they are linked. You will be automatically assigned a BG and a PAT. I believe you are Gold Castaway Club, so the automatically assigned PAT/BG will likely be better than what you'd get by staying up until midnight.

I believe that if you add the transfer later on, it will nullify the previous PAT and automatically assign you the new one. IIRC people on this board have stated that if they added DCL transportation after online check in, their PAT/BG was updated.

Depending on when you last did online check in, things may be better. They now stagger online check in based on CC status, so it's no longer everyone on the ship trying to do online check in at the same time. I have notices that has reduced (but not totally eliminated!) the technical issues/website freezes.

We're staying at Wilderness Lodge both prior to and after the cruise and have indicated through our travel agent that we would like to have DCL transportation between WDW and Port Canaveral. Apparently, there was simply a checkbox that the travel agent checked to indicate that we wanted the ground transportation option. Do we indicate where we need to be picked up and dropped off during the online check-in process?

We're staying at Wilderness Lodge both prior to and after the cruise and have indicated through our travel agent that we would like to have DCL transportation between WDW and Port Canaveral. Apparently, there was simply a checkbox that the travel agent checked to indicate that we wanted the ground transportation option. Do we indicate where we need to be picked up and dropped off during the online check-in process?
No, you won't need to indicate that during online check in. It will ask you what your travel plans are before/after the cruise, but that's not tied to DCL transportation (DCL asks that question of everyone). As long as your TA booked it and it's connected to your WL reservation, you'll be picked up there. You'll get instructions likely the night before about what to do to catch DCL transportation to the port.

No, you won't need to indicate that during online check in. It will ask you what your travel plans are before/after the cruise, but that's not tied to DCL transportation (DCL asks that question of everyone). As long as your TA booked it and it's connected to your WL reservation, you'll be picked up there. You'll get instructions likely the night before about what to do to catch DCL transportation to the port.
Thanks. Do you know if the process is different if we booked the WL rooms ourselves? (We're DVC)

Help I was trying to do online check in but I don't understand the fields. It fist asks me to upload my passport but then ask to upload a citizenship document is that asking for me or for a second passenger? I have uploaded my daughter's passport but I don't think it's correct and now I can't remove! Also we are Australians I don't have any other citizenship document other than the passport.

Thanks

Help I was trying to do online check in but I don't understand the fields. It fist asks me to upload my passport but then ask to upload a citizenship document is that asking for me or for a second passenger? I have uploaded my daughter's passport but I don't think it's correct and now I can't remove! Also we are Australians I don't have any other citizenship document other than the passport.

Thanks
You will have to upload one citizenship document for each person in the stateroom. Sounds like for you that would be a passport, which is fine. It should walk you through each person and ask for all the required elements, so it should be clear when you need to upload what for each person.

If you uploaded the wrong thing for someone, contact DCL. Or, wait until they do a review and they'll reject it and you can upload again.

You will have to upload one citizenship document for each person in the stateroom. Sounds like for you that would be a passport, which is fine. It should walk you through each person and ask for all the required elements, so it should be clear when you need to upload what for each person.

If you uploaded the wrong thing for someone, contact DCL. Or, wait until they do a review and they'll reject it and you can upload again.
Thank you. However I feel that it's asking two documents for myself which I don't understand what the second document could be if I have already uploaded my passport!

Thank you. However I feel that it's asking two documents for myself which I don't understand what the second document could be if I have already uploaded my passport!
Ok. Without being able to see the actual screen, it's hard to know.

You also have to upload a photo of yourself (for ID when you scan your card/magicband). Is that what the second upload is asking?

I Just have a final question! I have missed my check in date on the 20th of September however we are planning to get DCL transport from WDW, however I still haven't booked it! Will I still get an early PAT from doing that? Do I still need to do online check in?
Thank you

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

New DISboards Posts

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest