What color is pixie dust?

toni1227

Mouseketeer
I am planning to leave little suprises each morning for my kids while we are at Disney from "tinkerbell". I got this great idea from someone on this board.
I just was wondering what color pixie dust is b/c I want to sprinkle some glitter over their suprises. Is it green or multi-colored?
I am done planning my trip so I am still trying to figure out ways to occupy the time until our trip next week. LOL! Any other fun inexpensive ideas send them my way please!
Thanks!!

From the movie it looks like it is a goldish color but I am sure you could do ANY color and your kids will be thrilled!! :)

I just picked up some light green glitter at the craft store for the same idea! I think kids will be thrilled and excited by any color glitter.

Well... in my disney dreams, it's silver.

LOVE the question, btw. :)

I think the real question is, "What color do YOUR kids think pixie dust is?" :wizard:

I am planning to leave little suprises each morning for my kids while we are at Disney from "tinkerbell". I got this great idea from someone on this board.
QUOTE]

i'd love to know what surprises you're setting out... i love that idea too!

Light green would match Tinks outfit.

I bet a translucent, sort of iridescent color would be nice if you could find it!

OK bear with me while I try to spell out what im thinking in my head....LOL

I think tinks pixie dust would be a mix of irradescent green and a opulescent whitish color....omg I dont think I came close at all to spelling those right, but you get my idea....dont you?!?!?! LOL

:confused3

I think tinks pixie dust would be a mix of irradescent green and a opulescent whitish color....omg I dont think I came close at all to spelling those right, but you get my idea....dont you?!?!?! LOL

I agree with irredescent

for what it's worth, I had a bottle of "Pixie dust," aka glitter, on my desk as a tween that I got in WDW... and this was the color (I bet it's still around in a box somewhere with old yearbooks and the plates from my first car...)

They actually sell a pin that has "pixie dust" in it, it's a blue green color.

I just got pixie dusted (or rather drenched) by the Godmother at the Expo for the Princess Half Marathon last weekend at WDW and I would say it is multi-colored. That was Saturday (3/7) and I think I may have finally washed it all out of my hair today! :wizard:

Pixie dust can be any color =).

On promotional stuff they normally show it as gold or silver. Green matches tink. In the Disney Stores I've been to its red, and at the barber shops its blue.

=)

I am planning to leave little suprises each morning for my kids while we are at Disney from "tinkerbell".

What a fabulous idea! I am definitely going to have to remember that for our trip. I too would love to hear what you have for tink to leave! Thanks for bringing it up:)
~Tricia

For Tink gifts leave little things, the first night on our first trip I left out autograph books and pens, little coloring pages, notebooks, things I got at the dollar stores. I used a Polly Pocket shoe to make Tink footprints in the pixie dust. :) Now I would do things like pins, notebooks, temp. tattoos, glitter, hair ties, etc etc. Things that you might put in a stocking would be good Tink surprises.

Thanks for all the replies! Okay, what I am doing is $25 in disney dollars each morning (2 days) for them to spend and I went to Michaels and also bought some dollar toy disney stuff. Cars for my son and Princess/Tinkerbell for my daughter for the last morning. I also bought some stickers mickey and minnie and the mickey ear stickers with letters on them to spell out their names. I bought some scrapbook paper sheets (you know the one's you can by individually and folded them and decorated Mickey and Minnie for 1 day with their names spelled out with the mickey ears (you can also get these scrapbook stickers at target) and then Tinkerbell and Peter Pan stickers on the sheets for one day. I just cut them down a bit and folded them over and will put the disney dollars in them.

I also, (man I am spending SO much money I need to stop...but anyway it is their first trip)....called vacation planning and am having the mickey rice crispy treats the first night along with a 5 balloon bouquet (and a wine, cheese and fruit basket for my husband and me). Then the second night I requested 4 chocolate covered strawberries (one for each of us). The 3rd night I requested 2 mickey cookies. I also requested 1st time pens and autographed pictures of mickey and minnie for my kids (which they told me they would hand to me at check in Free (at least something is free!)).

Also, for their backpacks in the plane I got them disney pez dispensers, a new ds video game each (disney princess and phineus and ferb, coloring books, etc...

By the way I got most of my ideas from reading this board! I would have not even thought to do any of this otherwise!

I am really excited and having fun though planning all of this because I want them to really LOVE Disney because I have talked up Disney to the max. I used to work at WDW when I was in college back in 1993 and I have not been back to DL or WDW since then!!!!

:cloud9: Well for pixie dust, I belive it depends on what kinda pixie you are and what you magic talent is... See for me I would say its white & gold mix! :thumbsup2 I am sure what ever talent your little pixie has, you will know the right color to pick.

I used a Polly Pocket shoe to make Tink footprints in the pixie dust. :)

That is so cute putting footprints in the pixie dust!

I have to say that I love that there is a 2 page discussion on the correct color of pixie dust. Only on the Dis boards, right? :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest