What candy do you buy in Epcot Countries?

Thanks for the great ideas. I am a chocoholic myself and I spent time in Norway so I go straight for the Norwegian chocolate! It is heavenly. When I lived in Chicago I could get it there but Epcot was the first I'd had in 7 looooong years.

Sadly, the stuff I bought at Epcot was WAY expired! Still good, if a little stale. I didn't notice until I got my stash home. So check the expiration dates!

Thumbs up for original cadbury too!

I love Cadbury Roses. Wish they would also carry Flyte bars from Ireland.

mcbj said:
This is a great thread! Does anyone know if they sell the Nestle Aero in Canada? DS 6 fell in love with them on a trip to Niagara Falls this July, he brought 8 home and just finished his last one this week. (I made him spread them out) He will be so excited if they have them.
They are in the UK sweet shop. I brought some for my Mum when I was there. NO ROSES THROUGH :guilty:

Love the Troika in Norway....a thin chocolate bar with raspberry and marzipan filling. Seems that it is always out of stock there though. They say it is difficult to keep in stock so I can't be the only one! LOL

I love all these suggestions! Since I really have a sweet tooth, and I don't drink alcohol, this is giving me lots of ideas for planning a "candy around the world" tour on my next trip.

Didn't realise British chocolate was so popular! :goodvibes

I believe that it was Cadbury's chocolates that inspired Roald Dahl's 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' - I think Cadbury's used to send chocolate samples to the school and the boys had to review the chocolates.

I'll be bringing a Cadbury's Advent Calender with me during my holiday in December :teeth:

I think maybe the reason that so many people like the authentic Cadbury's chocolate that you can only get from the UK (probably only England, for that matter - not sure if they have factory's anywhere else in the UK) is because our chocolate (in general) is much creamier and sweeter than chocolate in the US.

However, please remember that there is no England pavilion in EPCOT - it is the UK.
I mean, if you're referring to the country England specifically, great, but if you're talking about the pavilion in EPCOT, it's the UK. Not just England. Please show some respect for us non-English Brits.

There's a Welsh shop and a Scottish shop there, I believe, although I'm not sure how N.Ireland is represented.

puffkin said:
I also wish they would sell the chocolate eggs with toys in them. My grandmother used to bring these back from Germany as well when I was little. I believe they are called Kinder eggs. I look for them every trip in Epcot, but haven't found them yet.

Unfortunately, I believe that those can't be sold in the US. It is against the law to sell any food with a non-food substance inside. I don't remember the exact wording, but it was a big issue several years ago.

Beth

Kinder Eggs - loved those when I was little!
You're not allowed those in the US?

You can get them over here - and probably everywhere in Europe.

We love the Ridder Sport chocolate bars you can buy in Germany.

Wow ... I was in Munich last week and bought the Milka bar on the plane. It is SO good and I have been poking around the internet trying to buy more. Had not thought about World Showcase/Germany! I will see in 2 weeks!

Also, in the UK they have a candy called a Lion Bar. I saw this in August. 25 years ago I bought this candy in London. It's a vanilla cream wafer with caramel, then enrobed in milk chocolate. Its good.

Already added to the list of getting different candy from around the world...

Jelly Babies, Aero Bars, and Flake Bars from the UK. I'll have to set aside a candy budget next time we go to try everything I saw in this thread.

okay...

I haven't seen my "must have' posted yet. Rice candy in Japan. Last time I went it was 99 cents for a box with about half a dozen. It has a really suttle (sp?) taste. Its wrapped in plastic and an inner layer of paper. You take the plastic off and put the candy, paper and all, in your mouth. The paper is made from rice and melts on you tongue. The paper doesn't really taste like much, its more the novelty that makes me keep buying it. The candy inside is gummy and not overly sweet....it has a nice texture. I first had these in the second grade when my class studied Japan...and ever since I discovered them at World Showcase, they're my must buy. My kids get a real kick out of "eating paper" too.

I bought some chocolate at World Market a month ago that was especially good but I don't recall what it was called. I'll have to go back and look for coffee crisp, aero, cadbury and curly whirly's. Thanks!

We're headed down for Food & Wine so this fits in perfectly!

So what about France, Morocco, China, and Mexico? Anything??

Thanks to all who have posted!

Kristen

Rice candy in Japan. Last time I went it was 99 cents for a box with about half a dozen.

This is Botan Rice Candy! It's yummy! I grew up eating it.

botan1.jpg

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest