What candy do you buy in Epcot Countries?

I LOOOOOOVE the Botan rice candy in Japan!!!!!! :love: There are 5 or 6 pieces in an orange and green box and each individual piece has an edible wrapper!!!!! So yummy!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Alright, so I tried to get candy from EVERY country on this trip. I have to report that I could not find ANY candy in Morocco or France. I didn't pick anything up in America, because, well it's America. And I didn't get anything in Japan because we had already passed it and I have already tried the rice candy and Pocky there. So here's some I got from the other countries.

UK - Flake and Curly Wurly. I was not impressed with the Flake, but the Curly Wurly was yummy!

Canada - Maple Butter Crunch and Aero. I haven't tried these yet. I'll edit when I have.

Italy - I tried to find the names on the little chocolates I bought, I did my best. Again, I haven't tried them all, so I'll edit once I have.
Nocciolotto Caffarel - I think one was hazelnut...it was YUMMY.
Pernigotti - Pepitas, Cereali, Mandorla, Nocciola, and one in a gold wrapper with no other name.

Germany - Haribo Happy Cola Gummies. Very interesting...not something I would have picked, but still good and a bit addicting.

China - At China I got more cookie like items. One of the packages says Soft Egg Cake, Honey Noodle Cake. They looked like rice crispy treats, but they are quite bland. Not so great, but an interesting try. The others were called China Hwa cookies. They are round and striped and are really cool. They don't have much flavor - the only ingredients are wheat flour, sugar, sesame, and salt. They grow on you though...you can't eat just one.

Norway - We love the Smorr Bukk and wanted to try something different this time. I got the Daim candy bar which is quite yummy and DH picked Anna's Chocolate Mint Thin Cookies. They are good too.

Mexico - I knew I didn't want chocolate here as I've tried chocolate from Mexico before and it's not very good. So I found something that IS good. Peanut Marzipan! They are little round pieces of marzipan...just peanuts and sugar. If you love peanut butter stuff like I do, you'll like it pretty good.

So, I think I listed a few countries that weren't accounted for yet. If anyone ever finds any in Morocco or France, make sure it gets posted in here! :teeth:

Rice candy in Japan! My DS15 LOVES this candy. It's pretty cool, you can even eat the edible inside wrappers!! :sunny: They come in small boxes and cost just under $1 per box. We always come home with at least $25 worth of rice candy! :teeth:

SeaSpray said:
Rice candy in Japan! My DS15 LOVES this candy. It's pretty cool, you can even eat the edible inside wrappers!! :sunny: They come in small boxes and cost just under $1 per box. We always come home with at least $25 worth of rice candy! :teeth:

I've never heard of this!! I'll have to try it!

Usually we get Haribo gummy bears and "fruit salad" gummies from Germany because I got hooked on them when I was in Germany about five years ago. I'm going to try to hold back this year... it's addicting! I may try one of the rice candies you all speak of though!

Other than that, no other kinds of candy. We try to avoid the candy shops :rotfl:

I would LOVE to see Kindereggs!!! I bought a ton when I went to Germany. I heard they were illegal here because the figures were so small and easy to swallow :sad2:

Anything from Japan, they seem to like gummy candy, just like me and they have plenty of it and some very different candy and treats.

:moped: :moped: :moped:

I have had some of the chocolate they have in WS while I was in Canada (the real country not the WS country ;) ). They sell Kindereggs there and I brought come back for me and my friends. They are good. I personally don't think they taste much different than regular chocolate (which is good since I like chocolate a lot).
I agree with Sunny04 that Flake is ok. I think it's too messy and a waste of chocolate because it breaks too easily. Aero bars are better.

austinsmommy said:
I LOOOOOOVE the Botan rice candy in Japan!!!!!! :love: There are 5 or 6 pieces in an orange and green box and each individual piece has an edible wrapper!!!!! So yummy!!!!!! :thumbsup2

This is my FAVORITE candy in all of the world...even the edible wrappers are DELICIOUS! OH YUM! Thank you for reminding me of my favorite sweet treat!

java said:
OK I just found this thread and am jumping up and down to hear this!! I LOVED the Marathon bar and nobody knows what the heck I was talking about. I have googled, tried all the nostalgic candy sites and nobody has one!! You have just made my day a Curly Whirly is in my future!!!
OK now I just googled again and they have this curly whirly thing- I must have it!! I remember going to the candy store and having only 50 cents and I thought that marathon bar was the biggest candy I could get. :cloud9: Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

Just to let you know, we did a "candy around the world" thing in Feb to keep our kids entertained and buy us more time in the stores of WS and we too were thrilled to find the Curly Whirly. A few weeks after we got home, I was searching for a teacup for someone, happened upon World Market and they sell the Curly Whirly there for about $1. (Way less than in Epcot!) So, if you have a World Market near you (they are a chain--kind of a Peir One type thing) you might be able to get them there. We were just back there on Sat and DH stocked up!

I love this thread! We had such fun on our trip around the world--lot of sugar though--we had to break it up into two days! I'm amazed to know Publix has the candies from England. Good to know for next time we go and have a car.

We tried the Poky they have at Walmart here and it is NOT the same. DH is planning on getting a LARGE box when we are back in Epcot next time.

We also loved--me especially--the little chocolate covered gummies they have in China--tons of candy choices there. We weren't able to narrow it down to one.

In Mexico we had the milk caramels that are like a little disc that is covered on each side by something I can only describe as a communion wafer. Not sure what it was called. The girl working there told us it was her favorite and reminded her of home. It was pretty yummy, but not our fav.

VSL said:
Kinder Eggs - loved those when I was little!
You're not allowed those in the US?

You can get them over here - and probably everywhere in Europe.

I love those - I think they don't carry them here because the plastic containers inside the eggs is considered a choking hazard.

My favorite candy is the Daim - letting that melt in your mouth is simple divine!

Ok, I just read this entire thread and now I have to raid my kids easter baskets! :cool1:

Saddly much of the choclate we won't be able to have next trip (DD is allergic to milk and eggs.) but there is always something you can find. The gummy candies should be good.

Has anyone seen the Brit com T.V. SHow the "Thin Blue Line." One of the officers is always eating a Curly Wirly bar. It is pretty funny.

I must say I enjoy shopping for Candy at World Plus Market, but there is something about buying it and eating it in Epcot. Just being in Epcot makes food taste better. :goodvibes

I LOVE this thread, just finished reading it all :) and have some great things to try when we go in August!

I was surprised to learn Curly Wurly used to be called Marathon, as in the UK we used to have a Marathon until it was renamed Snickers!

My friend loves our Cadbury's chocolate, plus many more and we regularly exchange parcels of goodies, as we can't buy Oreo's or Teddy Grahams in the UK! :love:

:confused3 no it's terrible, but it gives us a reason to visit often, just booked our seventh trip :thumbsup2 and we always bring lots of our favourite goodies home:love: with parcels from our friends in between;)

I didn't buy as much candy as I wanted to, but I did get:

Glorias Goat Milk and Pecan candies from Mexico. Taste like soft caramel and better than it sounds.

Various small Italian candies.

A Troika bar from Norway. Don't understand why nobody makes a candy bar like this here.

Wine Gums from UK. I was disappointed to find out that they don't actually taste like wine but are just fruit chews.

we had good intentions of doing Chocolate around the world, but didn't make it. I will have to see what our World Market has!

we did get a Cadbury's Dairy Milk bar and a Curly Whirly in the UK - they were both a hit!

I got a Mickey bar :mickeybar in the American section - does that count???

I Love Tigger said:
I LOVE this thread, just finished reading it all :) and have some great things to try when we go in August!

I was surprised to learn Curly Wurly used to be called Marathon, as in the UK we used to have a Marathon until it was renamed Snickers!

My friend loves our Cadbury's chocolate, plus many more and we regularly exchange parcels of goodies, as we can't buy Oreo's or Teddy Grahams in the UK! :love:

You can buy Oreos in Tesco - I know cos they are my absolute favourites - we always have some in the house :teeth:

I am SO bookmarking this! I am SO going to look for candy next trip! :thumbsup2

wilma-bride said:
You can buy Oreos in Tesco - I know cos they are my absolute favourites - we always have some in the house :teeth:

Thanks for that good news, I hardly ever shop in Tesco so didn't know they sold them, might have to go now though :thumbsup2

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter