• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What book has had the biggest impact on your life?

I don't know if any book has changed my life but one that I read that I always keep in mind is Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. It's all about trusting your first, snap decision.

Anne Bishop's Black Jewels Trilogy.

As a young writer I was always told I couldn't do specific things like change point of view or use third person omnipotent with multiple characters.

As I got older I was told I shouldn't write Urban Fantasy because it's all just like Twilight and junk. It wasn't "real" fantasy.

Every time I start to second guess myself, I reread this trilogy (and all the rest of the series... and all the rest of her books in general). I see that my style IS doable and that there is more to Urban Fantasy that sparkling vampires.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter