What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney?

I always try to get a license plate with the year on it.....and it goes without saying some pins.

Our favorite family souvenir is our son's first haircut ears. My wife's favorite is her Starbucks cold cup with the Disney logo on it (two great tastes that go great together?) but for me it's the Pirates of the Carribean gun (no orange tip) I got on my first trip in '82.

Pictures. We did the Photopass Plus at DL and I loved making our scrapbook of all the great family shots, including all the ride pictures.

We collect Disney memorabilia. We have a house filled with Disney items of all types. Walls are hung with Disney artwork. Display cabinets overflow with all manner of Disneyana.

But if you come to my house and ask about my most recent trip, I'm unlikely to show you what I bought. What I'm going to do is tell you stories. What did we experience? Where did we eat? What was new since our previous visit? So I'd have to say my favorite "souvenirs" are the memories we collect each time we visit.

Our favorite family souvenir is our son's first haircut ears. My wife's favorite is her Starbucks cold cup with the Disney logo on it (two great tastes that go great together?) but for me it's the Pirates of the Carribean gun (no orange tip) I got on my first trip in '82.
There is a Disney Starbucks cup????? Must. have. That.

Pictures. We did the Photopass Plus at DL and I loved making our scrapbook of all the great family shots, including all the ride pictures.
I have to agree, pictures are the best souvenirs! I made a book last time and saved a box with the papers, tickets, etc we collected on our trip. We also got muse ears personalized for my daughter and will get ones for my son this time I'm sure! I may or may not have to stop by the Pandora charms too......hmmm :rolleyes1

Love my Mickey head stretchy bracelet and my EPCOT mickey ears from every country mug.

The sample size lotions from the hotel bathroom for my desk at work. There is nothing like being transported back to the happy place when you are having a crappy day :)

I agree; my photos are my favorite souvenir. Both those I take, and the pixie dusted ones from PhotoPass.

Beyond that, I like plush Disney characters, especially Mickey & Tigger.

Sayhello

My son. :love::love::love::love:

Well, kinda. We returned from our first trip on a Saturday. I found out I was pregnant on the following Monday. So we very much associate Disney with....well.....our son. Even though technically, it wasn't the case.

After that, I would say all our CD's of park music. It always makes us feel like we're there!

Besides my husband's great photos, mugs. I love collecting Disney mugs! I always say I'm not going to buy another one but I can't help myself. I bought the HS Starbucks one on our last visit and my son just bought me the Epcot one so I guess the obsession continues!

Right now it's pins and autographs. I'd get more Goofy hats but I tend to be rather selective on those (though my BFF calls it being VERY picky). When I get the room I want to start collecting more artwork and books.

I have a small musical figurine of Belle that I bought on my first trip in 1992. She was my first WDW souvenir-I remember every day of the trip going back to the shop to look at her and trying to justify spending the $40 dollars she cost, because we were on a tight budget that trip. I finally caved and bought her the day before we left.

For me...I'm not big on souvenirs. BUT, back in 2010 my wife and kids bought me this Cuckoo clock from the Gemany pavillion. LOVE it!!

For the wife and daughter they love collecting Sterling Silver charms for their charm bracelets>>

It used to be simple things...plush and t-shirts/shorts. Then it evolved into more collectible things like pins and vinylmations since I could display those things at work. Unfortunately, things started disappearing from peoples' desks and offices overnight and on weekends, so I had to find a new "something." That something has become Disney Dooney bags. I still love my non-Disney designer bags, but if I carry a Disney Dooney each day, I have that trip memory with me all the time + they can be quite the conversation pieces. :D

Photos to make a photo book of our vacation;
a pin with the year and a pin from the resort;
and my daughter-in-law got me hooked on Disney Vera Bradly last year so I pick up a new piece.
I always look to see if there are any new kitchen items to add some subtle disney to our most used room!

I get a new mug every time I go. Then when I drink from it, it reminds me of that trip! We also get an ornament every year.

It is hard to say what my favorite is. I go through phases of being more obsessed with certain things though. :) But the things I have the most of are....pins, ornaments, magnets, mugs and artwork. I didn't think I would care so much about the pins but I love them and have way too many. I'm especially obsessed with mugs lately. I'm up to 14 now. Ha. I don't use any of them, but maybe I eventually will. The new starbucks mugs are my favorite. I have 5 of the 6 and can't wait for the AK one to come out. I love the attraction poster mugs and have all 4 of those. I have an epcot shaped one, a 2014 castle one and a 2013 flower and garden festival one. I also cherish all of the pictures I take there and have thousands of them. I'm planning to move down there next year and am curious to see how my collecting habits will change as a local. I think in the beginning I will have to really limit myself on how much I can get when I am in the parks. But I am hoping that since I know I can go often and can always get something the next time I am there, then maybe I won't feel the need to buy so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter