What’s the tale of 2 Sheraton Vistanas?

erinlynn2020

elleindisneyland
hi, is there a big difference between the two Sheraton Vistana locations ?

One has an 87/100 rating and the other is 90/100, would appreciate any feedback, thanks

I’ve only stayed at the Orlando/Lake Buena Vista location. Entirely satisfied. Easy in and out to WDW. We aren’t resort amenity users so can’t comment on that. Seems nicely maintained. We like the separation in a one BR unit as I am a morning lark and DH is a night owl.

I’ve only stayed at the Orlando/Lake Buena Vista location. Entirely satisfied. Easy in and out to WDW. We aren’t resort amenity users so can’t comment on that. Seems nicely maintained. We like the separation in a one BR unit as I am a morning lark and DH is a night owl.
thank you both, the rates are great for a 2 bdr villa, having the full kitchen plus 2 bath is a huge plus, also the washer & dryer

Previous stay at one of the 2 locations was in 2005 so I’m not even sure which we stayed at, but I remember it being huge! After a Coronado Springs room (split stay) it will feel like a mansion

Was also considering Sonesta but I think I’m leaning towards the Villages

hi, is there a big difference between the two Sheraton Vistana locations ?

One has an 87/100 rating and the other is 90/100, would appreciate any feedback, thanks
Sheraton Vistana Resort is significantly closer (really right outside the gates) to WDW then Sheraton Vistana Villages which is about halfway between WDW and Universal.

Stayed at Vistana Resort quite a few times ~ because it always came out much cheaper than Vistana Villages.

MY opinion ~

Vistana Resort feels like a large older apartment complex. It is spread out so we found we never left our area. The inside of the units were very nice and we were using it for just a place to sleep, shower, laundry etc. It is closer to Disney but not by so much it would impact us, we didn't take breaks. There is nothing around it I would go to so we always ended up driving to Disney Springs or the dining north closer to Villages.

Vistana Villages is designed like a resort with taller buildings, smaller footprint and I suppose with more of a condo upscale feel. Everything about it looks nicer including the location. Literally a couple minutes to Publix, Outlets and LOTS of nice dining options. We have stayed close by there and several places north of there as far as Convention Center many times. The extra 5-10 minutes to Disney just don't factor in for us if we can stay somewhere nicer. There is only a three mile difference from Disney to get to Villages.

If Villages were in our budget I would absolutely stay there over Resort.

Stayed at Vistana Resort quite a few times ~ because it always came out much cheaper than Vistana Villages.

MY opinion ~

Vistana Resort feels like a large older apartment complex. It is spread out so we found we never left our area. The inside of the units were very nice and we were using it for just a place to sleep, shower, laundry etc. It is closer to Disney but not by so much it would impact us, we didn't take breaks. There is nothing around it I would go to so we always ended up driving to Disney Springs or the dining north closer to Villages.

Vistana Villages is designed like a resort with taller buildings, smaller footprint and I suppose with more of a condo upscale feel. Everything about it looks nicer including the location. Literally a couple minutes to Publix, Outlets and LOTS of nice dining options. We have stayed close by there and several places north of there as far as Convention Center many times. The extra 5-10 minutes to Disney just don't factor in for us if we can stay somewhere nicer. There is only a three mile difference from Disney to get to Villages.

If Villages were in our budget I would absolutely stay there over Resort.
thanks so much! very helpful :flower1: has anyone stayed at Marriott Cypress Harbour Villas? Or Marriott’s Harbour Lake etc. ? rates & villa accommodations are similar, thanks again

thanks so much! very helpful :flower1: has anyone stayed at Marriott Cypress Harbour Villas? Or Marriott’s Harbour Lake etc. ? rates & villa accommodations are similar, thanks again
Folks stayed at Harbour Lake and felt it was a great resort for young kids. Not large and great young kid pool area. I've had option to stay at but I always choose the World Center properties now. I've stayed Grand Vista a few times and not a fan so won't be going back.

We've stayed at both. We prefer the Resort over Villages. Resort is cleaner, better location, more amenities. We're actually staying at Resort again this month.

Do either of the Vistana’s offer shuttles to the parks? If so how easy are they to navigate? I’ll be traveling with my high functioning 26 yr old son. We always stay onsite and he is able to get on a resort bus on his own and go back to the room when he needs space.

Do either of the Vistana’s offer shuttles to the parks? If so how easy are they to navigate? I’ll be traveling with my high functioning 26 yr old son. We always stay onsite and he is able to get on a resort bus on his own and go back to the room when he needs space.
I’m not sure? But I don’t think so.

It’s definitely not like the convenience of on property, for sure. We’ll have a rental car.

Heard nice things about both and would like to try but dread the pressure to listen to a timeshare presentation. In Maui at Westin, they drove us crazy.

Give me Disney's low key approach anytime. (bought and wish I bought years ago for sure).

Do either of the Vistana’s offer shuttles to the parks? If so how easy are they to navigate? I’ll be traveling with my high functioning 26 yr old son. We always stay onsite, and he is able to get on a resort bus on his own and go back to the room when he needs space.
Yes, they do offer shuttle service from both. There is a cost (IIRC $8/pp last I looked, but that was long ago, so probably more). I would not want to rely on the service. Again, long recollection here, but there were 3 trips to the parks in the AM, and 3 returns in the PM, so long times between shuttles. Advanced reservations were required, and space was not guaranteed.
When we ran the math for a family it made more sense to pay for parking, and having a car is essential for getting around from either of the Vistana resorts. Note that rideshare services are reasonable too, and a LOT more convenient than the resort shuttles.

Heard nice things about both and would like to try but dread the pressure to listen to a timeshare presentation. In Maui at Westin, they drove us crazy.

Give me Disney's low key approach anytime. (bought and wish I bought years ago for sure).
Vistana 'generally' does not have sharks, although comments are worse for Villages than for Resort. We are timeshare owners (including SVR) and use TS all over and I would say that the Vistana approach is pretty soft in comparison to many other resorts we have stayed at.

I would give the following advice:
  • Vistana, like so many other resorts, will route you to the timeshare desk to collect either your keys or your parking pass. Know that is where you are going and be prepared. They will try and package it many ways, but it always ends with a request to attend a presentation or meeting.
  • Be very clear that you have no intention of attending a presentation (unless you booked a discount stay that REQUIRES you to attend), I generally say something like "I would rather have open heart surgery without anesthetic" or something similar in a friendly tone to indicate that it is a HARD no.
  • Do not open the door to any further contact. Never say something like "we'll talk about it" or "I'll think about it" because that gives them license to call your villa and follow up.
  • Don't answer your phone in the villa from an internal number (if there is call display); someone will leave a message if it is important. Everyone important to me will call my cell phone, not my villa phone.

Usually this stop at the desk is a quick 5 minutes out of our vacation and can be handled best by being friendly but firm. We have had very rude and pushy desk people at other resorts (never at Vistana) and we still get our keys in under 5 minutes and get our message across. DW gets more upset about the rude ones, but we have a full week of fun ahead, so it passes quickly.

I’ve always booked through the Marriott BonVoy app and paid cash. No sales pitch even offered on my last stay. Price was very attractive. I did get a mailing for a cheap stay with a pitch but just tossed it.

Vistana 'generally' does not have sharks, although comments are worse for Villages than for Resort. We are timeshare owners (including SVR) and use TS all over and I would say that the Vistana approach is pretty soft in comparison to many other resorts we have stayed at.

I would give the following advice:
  • Vistana, like so many other resorts, will route you to the timeshare desk to collect either your keys or your parking pass. Know that is where you are going and be prepared. They will try and package it many ways, but it always ends with a request to attend a presentation or meeting.
  • Be very clear that you have no intention of attending a presentation (unless you booked a discount stay that REQUIRES you to attend), I generally say something like "I would rather have open heart surgery without anesthetic" or something similar in a friendly tone to indicate that it is a HARD no.
  • Do not open the door to any further contact. Never say something like "we'll talk about it" or "I'll think about it" because that gives them license to call your villa and follow up.
  • Don't answer your phone in the villa from an internal number (if there is call display); someone will leave a message if it is important. Everyone important to me will call my cell phone, not my villa phone.

Usually this stop at the desk is a quick 5 minutes out of our vacation and can be handled best by being friendly but firm. We have had very rude and pushy desk people at other resorts (never at Vistana) and we still get our keys in under 5 minutes and get our message across. DW gets more upset about the rude ones, but we have a full week of fun ahead, so it passes quickly.

I’ve always booked through the Marriott BonVoy app and paid cash. No sales pitch even offered on my last stay. Price was very attractive. I did get a mailing for a cheap stay with a pitch but just tossed it

I’ve always booked through the Marriott BonVoy app and paid cash. No sales pitch even offered on my last stay. Price was very attractive. I did get a mailing for a cheap stay with a pitch but just tossed it.

Very interesting about booking through App. I'm a Bonvoy member (kind of kicking and screaming after Starwood changed to Marriott Bonvoy and required points went much higher, including Swan & Dolphin). I'm definitely going to keep that in mind about using up my points via Vistana.

Thanks for the info. Sorry if I duplicated the answer above.

We've stayed at both. Harbor Lake is fantastic for kids. The activities around the property all week keep kids of many age groups engaged. Cypress Harbor is better for adults. Although Harbor Lake has been adding more adult activities like afternoon tastings. If exchanging through TS Cypress Harbor is nice because you are guaranteed a 2 bedroom.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest