What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Thank you for the reminder! 😎 Used to bake Parmesan rounds but DGD and her no cheese eating self got me out of the habit.
What cheeses do you use?
Usually I take the easy route, and will microwave deluxe American. It gets puffy, crispy, and has a more neutral flavor. I've made larger ones to float, and have even melted cheese on top of them.

If I've got more time, or want something different, I've used Swiss, cheddar, parmesan, pepper jack...

All the stocks are made now and right on time! Some still cooling in the fridge others ziplock bagged and in the freezer. Wish I could’ve used the food saver or cans for the stocks but each requires either a learning curve or additional equipment. I’ll read more on it another time (I’m leaning towards canning) but at least I’m finished for the minute.

Decided to use up some of the roasted spaghetti squash tonight. Dressed it with sauce Bolognese and into the toaster oven to reheat. Made a cup of beef consommé with scallions to go with it.

Wandered over to Manhattan’s newest park, Little Island, yesterday. It was formerly a pier on the Hudson and what fun did we have. Great music and views.
Next stop was Zabar’s on the Upper West Side, my old stomping grounds. Stocked up on some truly needed pantry goods like…Turkish pistachios, lol. Never know when you’ll run out of them.
Been craving a decent piece of non farmed salmon and was in the right place. Bought two center cut poached salmon filets with watercress sauce making me a happy lil piggy two days running. Last night had it with a green salad and tonight with sliced cukes.

Wandered over to Manhattan’s newest park, Little Island, yesterday. It was formerly a pier on the Hudson and what fun did we have. Great music and views.
Next stop was Zabar’s on the Upper West Side, my old stomping grounds. Stocked up on some truly needed pantry goods like…Turkish pistachios, lol. Never know when you’ll run out of them.
Been craving a decent piece of non farmed salmon and was in the right place. Bought two center cut poached salmon filets with watercress sauce making me a happy lil piggy two days running. Last night had it with a green salad and tonight with sliced cukes.
I’m so jealous you have all of the delights of NYC at your fingertips! So much amazing food in that city!

Tonight we had soft tacos. Ground beef for DH and black beans for me with rice. I like tacos way more than I should 😂
Same! I love making soft tacos. So easy and after dinner I mix up all the leftovers and make burritos for the freezer.

When the kids were little I always joked that it was the only meal I made where no one cried or pouted.

Farmers’ market Tuesday!
I’m limited to immediate use purchases since the freezer’s cup runneth over so I went looking for parsnips and wound up with Hakurei turnips aka Japanese turnips which I’ve never cooked before. They looked so pretty just couldn’t resist and again no parsnips. May have to visit Manhattan for them.

So I sautéed the chopped green tops and roots in butter with a little garlic, salt and pepper. Served with a nice piece of maple glazed pork tenderloin. Had a cup of veggie soup as starter.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest