What’s for Dinner Tonight?

@Dive Bar Casanova Nice to see Kenji expanding on his time at American Test Kitchen. There’s an ATK recipe for home fries that has roots in the technique he’s showcasing here 🙂.

Made an “executive decision” and decided to eat up the tikka masala chicken this week and make butter chicken later as a freeze ahead meal. Funny how similar ingredients easily create a new dish. Much as I’d love to have the masala with rice decided to have it atop cauliflower instead. Finishing off last night’s mango as dessert.

--->
Last night everyone had plans to be "out and about" at dinner time (I teach until 9pm on thursdays, for example). DD and the little guy had a "dinner date" at Olive Garden so they brought home ziti al forno for DH and me to share.
Tonight? DD is making roasted tomato soup and grilled cheese for them, but DH and I are hitting the road for a 4 hour drive to Massachusetts for the weekend. It's my 50th high school reunion, so supper tonight is a casserole buffet (so we can all sit around and catch up) and tomorrow night will be a dinner-dance at a country club. No idea what's on the menu but IIRC, it was pretty good at the last reunion, 5 years ago. Sunday? We'll grab what we can, wherever we might be.

Leaving for Wildwood (the shore) on Sunday for a week so trying to clean up/out the leftovers before we go so it's sort of find what you can and cobble it together to make a meal. We do pretty well taking advantage of happy hour specials and bringing breakfast and snacks with us when we head there so we should keep spending down. Looking forward to it despite the weather predicted.

Made some stuffed peppers for the freezer earlier in the week. One wouldn’t fit in the storage container so used it to make a stuffed pepper soup for one.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest