What’s for Dinner Tonight?

This is going to be clean out the fridge night. We'll be choosing from BBQ chicken, stuffed peppers, chicken wings, sausage, Caprese salad & corn. I may decide to add another veggie. Anything left will have to be frozen or tossed.

Tonight was pizza and salad because it was a long weekend. DD and I drove to the Boston area (4 hours) on Friday night as she was having her hair done and buying her new dance shoes on Saturday. Last night's dinner was amazing; we had tapas at Matadora, a restaurant in the Hilton Boston/Woburn. Lots of small plates and sangria, and it was all delicious! (Look up the menu online... can't wait to go again!) Today on the way home, we stopped at Aldi in Portsmouth, NH so DD could pick up all kinds of dry goods to stock the pantry in the kitchen of her new house! Anyhow, that made it a 5.5 hour drive home. Once we got the car unloaded and everything put away, I just didn't have it in me to cook supper!

Tonight I'm off from cooking-my aunt is making my late uncle's spaghetti sauce. Nobody else can make it like she does, so I'm happy to turn over the pots and pans to her for the day. We'll have meatballs and Italian sweet sausage with it, and probably tonight cheese ravioli.

Busy Sunday in all the right ways. As much as I enjoy being on my own, it's been a true joy having son and DGD around.“CrazedGrrlie” swooped in and out of our lives this weekend and made her vitality known. Arrived from the “Windy City” Saturday night, gone back to Paris on a 1:00 am flight this morning so had to jam a lot of home into a small amount of time. Gave her a spiedie salad for a late night dinner, mixed fruit cobbler with yogurt on the side for breakfast, and then her Daddy bought a large pizza for her to munch on throughout the day with the remainder, frozen and packed, in her luggage for that little taste of New York when afar 😂. Somehow bagels, bialys and black + white cookies made it into the suitcase as well.

Kids of all ages (cracks DGD up when I call her Dad that) re organized my freezer the way I like it and thanked them profusely; it’s hard getting others to see things they way I want them to so often I just grin and bear it.

After the re-organization was complete we all sat down to a lobster sandwich on toasted brioche with tarragon mayo and a choice of fries (Whole Foods sells a frozen brand of shoestrings that taste really good) or coleslaw. Son and I split a bottle of sparkling wine, DGD rolled her eyes and drank a Coke.

All the fresh fruit in the house is just a memory excepting one banana.

Tonight is spaghetti. I'll doctor up a jar of sauce from Trader Joe's, grill up some sweet italian sausages, and saute green peppers, onions, and mushrooms (all individually) so folks can pick and choose what they like for topping their pasta. There's also a french baguette and I'll throw together a salad.

Last night, Son, decided that the French white bean soup needed eating so we went through 2 quarts of it. Yep, wild ravening wolves still know where he lives, lol.
He’s taking me out to dinner tonight so the kitchen will remain clean.

Last edited:
Last night's spaghetti was a big hit. Today I am making 16 bean soup, as I have a ham bone to use up. I'll add diced ham, celery, onion, and maybe a can of tomatoes to the bean mix. Because life interfered with my plans, I am trying the quick soak method. Fingers crossed! I also have a cheddar-garlic biscuit mix that I'll throw together to go with the soup.
@LoveDaisy I wished I lived close enough to help you out with your tomato problem! It was a tough summer up here, I guess. Farmer's market tomatoes are about $8 a pound which is a budget buster for us.

Leave it to America's Test Kitchen to come up with something unique: Gochujang Chicken and Tortellini. A mash-up of diced chicken thighs cooked in gochujang, honey, and soy sauce, then tossed with cheese tortellini. The whole thing is topped with Fontina cheese and broiled until the cheese is melted. A really different dish that comes together easily. It's not unlike a Korean dish that uses dumplings in the same way, so maybe it's not that unusual. All I know is it's going onto my "keep" list. It's a little more saucy than the picture indicates. Delicious!

1725997892512.jpeg

I wished I lived close enough to help you out with your tomato problem! It was a tough summer up here, I guess. Farmer's market tomatoes are about $8 a pound which is a budget buster for us.
$8 a pound is crazy! Several friends said it was a bad tomato year for them. I was trading tomatoes for cucumbers and squash with them. I struggled with anything on a vine this year. I would gladly share if you were closer!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest