Welcome Bag Ideas?

acomasdiaz

DIS Veteran
I am having a vow renewal on the Disney Wonder in October. I am hoping to put together a welcome bag for my guests. I would love any ideas of what I could put inside...

So far I have,
Sunscreen
Aspirin Pouch
Mini Sewing Kit

Any ideas would be appreciated...

For my bags I am adding:

-Chapstick
-Crystal Light individual serving packets for water
-Disney themed individual tissue packets
-T-shirt (I got them for a steal at the Disney outlet store)
-For the kids I got Disney puzzles and light up wands at the dollar store
-Park Maps
-Important contact number list

I am also putting them in the reusable shopping bags from my local Disney outlet store.

Some other ideas..

Bottle of water ( you can make a personalized waterbottle label too- our guests thought it was a cute touch!)
Rain poncho (we got ours from the dollar store)
Schedule of events
List of the Bride & grooms favorite rides
Anti bacterial wipes/ hand sanitizer
"I'm celebrating" pins
Those tide spot remover pens..
Snack size cookies or crackers
Basically, go throught the travel and dollar bins at Target.

Games- epcot scavenger hunt, drinking around the world, hidden mickey hunt, etc.

Oh- and we had a bunch of kids who were 1st timers. So we picked up some disney lanyards and made personalized "if lost, please return me to" tags that also listed their parent's cell phones on them. My cousins and I were always given these cards to carry on us whenever we went, and when I told DH about them, he decided he wanted all the kids to have their own. We both work in Criminal Justice so our families accepted it as par for the course with us.

We are having:

-Personalized lanyards with "happily ever after..." and our wedding date on them in our wedding colors
-bottles of water
-tylenol
-a couple of snacks
-tissues
-a bus scedule for the day of the wedding
-personalized m&ms
-a folder with misc. activities, recommendations on rides, restaurants, etc, and our itinerary so people can join us at the parks if they like

HTH

Kohls has really cute 2pk of flip flops, generally both pair on sale for $5, and you can get them all matching :) I did that for my bridal party :)

Ours had (all travel sized, unless otherwise noted):

Itinerary
Custom postcard
Sunscreen
After-sun aloe
Band-aid kit
Neosporin To Go
Mini lint roller
Disney lip balm
Mini Disney notebook with matching pen
Hand sanitizer
Pocket tissue pack
Hand lotion
Glow bracelet
Q-Tips
Tums
Mini-sewing kit
Mini nail file
Listerine
Advil

Edited to add: the Dollar Spot at Target is amazing. It's where we found most of this stuff, including the Disney notebooks, pens, and dry erase boards that our guests hung on their doors.

I actually just set up my welcome bags last night with the DFi. Our included:

misting fans w/batteries
suncreen
bandaids
antibacterial wipes for hand/face
antibacterial wipes for surfaces
ponchos
glycerine soaps (my mom makes them, they smell so good)
glow bracelets
lip balm
Itineraries (Sun-Wed)
Hidden Mickey Pamphlet
Bottled Water
Coke
Chips
Peppermint puffs Candy
Pixie Sticks
Homemade Mickey head rice crispies treats w/ chocolate dipped ears

For the kids:
Cars coloring books
Car crayons
Toy Story paint by numbers kit
Tinkerbell diary
Cars kazoos
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse coloring books
Mickey socks
Minnie socks
Pooh and Friends sticker books
foam football
glow necklaces
travel checkers game
100% Juice boxes (instead of coke)
Bottled water
chips
pixie sticks
Homemade Mickey head rice crispies treats w/ chocolate dipped ears

We were also on the Wonder and did beachy sort of tote bags with towels and 4 bottles of water.

beachbag.jpg

shellyweddingpictures068brighter.jpg

20537_301972778106_617943106_3648312_2769752_n.jpg

For each stateroom we did a folder that had a stateroom listing, photography schedule and an invitation for our Nassau straw market game. We also did daily fish notes and each door got ones of these -

crs_0639.jpg

Here is a photo of our bags - included is the following:

This is for a family with two children (boy and girl):
Purell
Tissue pack
Mini 1st aid kit
Felt notebook
2 mini bottles of bubbles
Giant Disney pencils
BOY: punch ball, Toy Story kaleidoscope, mini airplane
GIRL: crown with veil, wand, jewel rings, princess pen and princess lip gloss

I will also be included a newsletter or events handout for each bag.

47a0d823b3127cce98548a5cd60d00000035102AatW7Fq2ZMW

47a0d823b3127cce98548a5d573c00000035102AatW7Fq2ZMW

We were also on the Wonder and did beachy sort of tote bags with towels and 4 bottles of water.

beachbag.jpg

shellyweddingpictures068brighter.jpg

20537_301972778106_617943106_3648312_2769752_n.jpg

For each stateroom we did a folder that had a stateroom listing, photography schedule and an invitation for our Nassau straw market game. We also did daily fish notes and each door got ones of these -

crs_0639.jpg

I love the bag. Where did you get it made? I also love the design on it? Did you design it?

Aymee

In addition to several of the items others have listed, we went to orientaltrading.com and bought three dozen sunglasses (not expensive ones, to be sure, like $9.95 a dozen or something; but they did the job) and put a pair in each bag. In the welcome letter, we welcomed people to Florida and reminded them to drink lots of water, wear sunscreen and sunglasses. (we also had bottles of water and sunscreen in the welcome bag). The sunglasses were a huge hit!

In addition to several of the items others have listed, we went to orientaltrading.com and bought three dozen sunglasses (not expensive ones, to be sure, like $9.95 a dozen or something; but they did the job) and put a pair in each bag. In the welcome letter, we welcomed people to Florida and reminded them to drink lots of water, wear sunscreen and sunglasses. (we also had bottles of water and sunscreen in the welcome bag). The sunglasses were a huge hit!

Love the idea - must go and check out what else there is at Oriental Trading:thumbsup2

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest