Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

You all will appreciate this - cleaning out my pantry earlier and I found a bag of candy from Goofys Candy Co. Still unopened from last October. We ended up with a crapload of snack credits and 1 QS credit and I was the lunatic in the everything Pop shop at 11pm on our last night buying arm loads of snacks.

Not this year. I'll eat a dole whip or Mickey bar every day even if it makes me sick :flower:
Right there with ya! I have trail mix that needs to be eaten form our February trip! We didn't do too bad last trip with the snack credits because I tried as hard as possible to get food for my two year old as a meal for him which worked out pretty well. But I still had a few at the end!

I'm trying to avoid the FREE DINING ISN'T FREE threads, they're harshing my Disney/FD buzz.

I hope you guys post pictures of your personalized shirts! I'm thinking about trying some tie-dye Mickey shirts, I think the kids would have fun helping with them.
Ugh I've been thinking about commenting but keep telling myself to let them just wallow in their own misery.

I'm trying to avoid the FREE DINING ISN'T FREE threads, they're harshing my Disney/FD buzz.

I hope you guys post pictures of your personalized shirts! I'm thinking about trying some tie-dye Mickey shirts, I think the kids would have fun helping with them.

I've spent half of my morning eye rolling at snarky judgy people. Why do you care how I value free dining?! People seriously need to lighten up.

I almost tried the Mickey tie dye last year but decided against it. Might have to give it a go this summer though!

You all will appreciate this - cleaning out my pantry earlier and I found a bag of candy from Goofys Candy Co. Still unopened from last October. We ended up with a crapload of snack credits and 1 QS credit and I was the lunatic in the everything Pop shop at 11pm on our last night buying arm loads of snacks.

Not this year. I'll eat a dole whip or Mickey bar every day even if it makes me sick :flower:
I go for the cupcakes everyday (or maybe 2)

Ugh I've been thinking about commenting but keep telling myself to let them just wallow in their own misery.
Most of them seem to just be mad because they can not get what they wanted. It saved my family of 4 $2700. I don't know how anyone can say that there is a better deal then that. For all 10 of us it saved almost $6000. Thank you Disney:rolleyes:

@Meeko5 I keep looking too..obsessively still, like 10 times an hour :badpc:
I still would like to add a night to our trip if the availability pops up so that's my reasoning, but seriously, we are fine with the nights we got and I need to stop!

Ok so speaking of the leftover snack credits...I hear people say that a lot. I keep looking at the DDP wondering how much oop we might spend on food. Is that not the case? I feel like one cool treat a day might not be enough, so how do people end up with so many leftover?

Ok so speaking of the leftover snack credits...I hear people say that a lot. I keep looking at the DDP wondering how much oop we might spend on food. Is that not the case? I feel like one cool treat a day might not be enough, so how do people end up with so many leftover?

I think it is all those character buffets. You are so full you just can't eat enough throughout the rest of the day to use all the credits. Last year I bought stuff at the end of the trip (pez dispensers, gummies, huge suckers) and put them in the kids Christmas stockings.

We ended up with at least 6 or 7 snack credits left. We hit the bakery on Main Street on our way out of MK for things to take home. There was so much food that we only spent snack credits on a Dole Whip and a Mickey bar, which we shared.

Here's how our typical day went:

Wake up, eat breafkast in room (muffins, fruit, granola bars, etc) and while waiting for the bus. that held us over just fine, but I had on the go snacks for the kids too in case they got hungry which never happened haha.

around 11-12 have QS lunch - comes with full entree AND dessert. very filling.

Around 5-6 have TS dinner. more food, more dessert. So. Much. Food. Seriously.

We had popcorn, mickey bars, soft serve, etc. as snacks. But with the heat and all the food we just couldn't eat it all.

My plan this year - use those snack credits for breakfast items! We got cinnamon rolls to go from Gastons Tavern and they were perfect in the morning. Definitely will do that again. Also get me a venti iced coffee or frapuccino in the morning at the parks for that snack credit :)

The stocking stuffer idea is super cute and I definitely can see the appeal of stopping on Main Street for goodies for the ride home. I was initially thinking of using multiple TS credits for character breakfasts, but it definitely would be easier to do breakfast in room than other meals, maybe I need to revise that thought and save TS for more dinner. Thank goodness I have another month to plan dining!

The stocking stuffer idea is super cute and I definitely can see the appeal of stopping on Main Street for goodies for the ride home. I was initially thinking of using multiple TS credits for character breakfasts, but it definitely would be easier to do breakfast in room than other meals, maybe I need to revise that thought and save TS for more dinner. Thank goodness I have another month to plan dining!

I knew we would want to be in the park at opening and not eating, so the only breakfast we did was BOG which worked out awesome for the 7DMT and then Peter Pan lines that morning. My husband works 3rd shift, so I knew expecting him to be up and coherent earlier than absolutely necessary wasn't going to fly haha.

We will be spending one day at Universal and not using the dining plan that day. We're going to use the TS credit so we can do Narcoossee's (signature) on one of our Disney days. I think we're going to use the QS credits BOG, pre-opening.

I tried for meals at off times - late brunches, early dinners. I found that easier than trying to battle the crowds at the restaurants, and that way we were able to use the mornings (and other meal times) for rides when the crowds were lower. Also none of us are morning people, haha. I had breakfast foods for the room but we had so much left over at the end. I think snack credit breakfast is a great idea, much easier, thanks Jamie!

I didn't plan anything for the QS, we just ate when we were hungry. We got in late the first night which meant we had an essentially entire extra day of credits - we didn't use a whole meal's worth of QS credits, and I didn't realize it until too late. NBD but I'll watch it closer this time.

I may end up breaking down and trying for an early morning Akershus breakfast this time, if it turns out to be the easiest way to do the Frozen stuff. It sounds like E&A aren't going to Epcot until June which is after our ADR date, so we won't have the benefit of seeing how it works before having to book it, argh. That's going to be a super popular meal, and hard to get, isn't it. :(

We usually use our extra snack credits to get cool Disney snacks for a special surprise for all the kids in my kids classrooms. The packs of small lollipops usually work the best. Just a nice magical way to share our vacation with all the kids stuck in school. Or we use them to share with families while at the park. Sitting for a parade or show is a perfect opportunity.

We will be spending one day at Universal and not using the dining plan that day. We're going to use the TS credit so we can do Narcoossee's (signature) on one of our Disney days. I think we're going to use the QS credits BOG, pre-opening.

TAKE ME WITH YOU...I need a no kid day to explore the HP stuff! ;)

Here's how our typical day went:

Wake up, eat breafkast in room (muffins, fruit, granola bars, etc) and while waiting for the bus. that held us over just fine, but I had on the go snacks for the kids too in case they got hungry which never happened haha.

around 11-12 have QS lunch - comes with full entree AND dessert. very filling.

Around 5-6 have TS dinner. more food, more dessert. So. Much. Food. Seriously.

We had popcorn, mickey bars, soft serve, etc. as snacks. But with the heat and all the food we just couldn't eat it all.

My plan this year - use those snack credits for breakfast items! We got cinnamon rolls to go from Gastons Tavern and they were perfect in the morning. Definitely will do that again. Also get me a venti iced coffee or frapuccino in the morning at the parks for that snack credit :)
I don't drink coffee, but my sister uses her snack credits at Starbucks- that might help use all those credits for all the coffee drinkers our there.

For us, the reason we ended up with so many snacks and extra quick service credits was because our little kids just couldn't eat all that food. Also, we often ended up sharing (especially the aforementioned children) so that saved up our credits, even when we didn't mean to. Another thing that happened was that our youngest came down with a bad cold near the end of the trip and so dh stayed behind with her and one of our other kids while the two teens and I went to a park. That severely cut back on what credits were used that day. We had over 20 snack credits (either from snacks or from breaking quick service credits down to 3 snacks just to get them used up) to use! We also ended up leaving 3 table service credits unused. I think it's harder the longer your trip is, also, combined with the more people you have. With 6 people and 8 nights, we'll have 48 snack credits to use up over the course of our trip!

I tried for meals at off times - late brunches, early dinners. I found that easier than trying to battle the crowds at the restaurants, and that way we were able to use the mornings (and other meal times) for rides when the crowds were lower. Also none of us are morning people, haha. I had breakfast foods for the room but we had so much left over at the end. I think snack credit breakfast is a great idea, much easier, thanks Jamie!

I didn't plan anything for the QS, we just ate when we were hungry. We got in late the first night which meant we had an essentially entire extra day of credits - we didn't use a whole meal's worth of QS credits, and I didn't realize it until too late. NBD but I'll watch it closer this time.

I may end up breaking down and trying for an early morning Akershus breakfast this time, if it turns out to be the easiest way to do the Frozen stuff. It sounds like E&A aren't going to Epcot until June which is after our ADR date, so we won't have the benefit of seeing how it works before having to book it, argh. That's going to be a super popular meal, and hard to get, isn't it. :(

I'd book it for sure, you can always drop it if it ends up not being the best bet for Frozen stuff. We can all help each other out getting ADR's and such too! Whenever I had to switch something I was able to arrange a time to drop it with another member here that was interested so they picked it up. Teamwork!

TAKE ME WITH YOU...I need a no kid day to explore the HP stuff! ;)

Come along! The current plan is to go on Wed, Nov 30. Single day multi-park tickets at Universal. All I really care about doing is the Harry Potter stuff. If we have extra time, maybe Spider-Man for me and Men in Black for DH, and anything else we feel like at the time with short waits.

We're just eating counter service at Universal. Lots of butterbeer and I want to try one of the exclusive beers. Can't remember which one at the moment, but it's the non-hoppy one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter