We are enjoying our Celebrity cruise around South America

Do you have kids with you? If so, what are their ages; and how is it for them? My dad wants to do this trip, but I'm not sure about how kid friendly it is.
I do not think there are more then 15 children on board. We have had interaction with only three of them, a two year old who went on an excursion with us, and sisters probably 4 and 5 who were on an elevator with us. I do not know anything about children’s programs.

Beautiful pics!!!! Remind me which X ship you're on?

Celebrity Eclipse. It’s a beautiful, modern ship. One nice feature in the bathroom is an actual shower stall, not with a shower curtain, but a true stall.

Nice! Yeah, I've noticed that. Of course I'll probably need an instruction book to work the shower in my cabin on Equinox. I'm in Aqua Class, and they have some fancy special shower in there. LOL.

Nice! Yeah, I've noticed that. Of course I'll probably need an instruction book to work the shower in my cabin on Equinox. I'm in Aqua Class, and they have some fancy special shower in there. LOL.
We were in line after a couple in Aqua Class, and they enjoyed the amenities in the cabin as well as the location of the smaller eating area in the solarium relative to their room.
You’ll do fine, i’m Sure.

Stunning photos!!! Thank you for sharing and checking in! Can't wait to hear more about this fantastic cruise!

Celebrity Eclipse. It’s a beautiful, modern ship. One nice feature in the bathroom is an actual shower stall, not with a shower curtain, but a true stall.

We loved the shower on the Celebrity Edge, it was very spacious for a cruise ship. How is the food? We were impressed on our trip, and hoping it is just something Celebrity does well:)

Our captain is of Greece heritage. He has a wonderful sense of humor...he just said “ As my grandfather always told me ‘ Leo, keep smiling, as long as you have teeth!’” His other words today told us that if we dug a hole through the earth, we would be in Mongolia!

Today we will have a ceremony involving the 500th year of Magellan’s first voyage. A representative of Portugal is on board to formally receive the Portuguese flag we flew as we went around the Horn. We are the last ship this season to do that.

Today we will have a ceremony involving the 500th year of Magellan’s first voyage. A representative of Portugal is on board to formally receive the Portuguese flag we flew as we went around the Horn. We are the last ship this season to do that.
Wow what an historic event. Did you plan your cruise for this? What memories for this voyage. Take pictures.

Thank you so much for sharing. Truly a trip for the destination and not for the onboard activities. I'd be happy with my book and the view. Glad to hear you are having a good time despite some let downs.

Wow what an historic event. Did you plan your cruise for this? What memories for this voyage. Take pictures.
We did not know the ceremony was going to happen. It was very well attended, we viewed from the atrium balcony on the 7th floor.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

We were on the last Star Princess cruise of the season around the Horn in Feb./March 2016. It was one of my favorite cruises.

Ooh, thanks for sharing. I have questions about Celebrity, but I'll wait until your cruise is finished. I hope you have a great cruise and look forward to more posts/pics!

This sounds lovely! Ushuaia and the Falkland Islands have been on my bucket travel list for a long time, since I read Madeleine L'Engle's Vicky Austin novels when I was a teenager. The adventures her character has there captured my imagination at a young age!

I can't imagine there being many kids. I always picture Celebrity as catering to those that are retired

I can't imagine there being many kids. I always picture Celebrity as catering to those that are retired
Not everyone, but I think most are retired from their life’s work, and some work part time. There are some in 30’s, 40’s. Most are in 50’s and above, my guess.
We have seen a few more children, but I still think 15 is a good guess.

Last edited:
We’ve done many celebrity cruises with our children who are homeschooled. Their first was when they were eight months old. I’ll never forget that trip because Celebrity shipped a skid of baby formula, cereal and baby food overseas for them. It was waiting in our stateroom upon arrival. The cruise line said they had paid their fare—food was included. Wonderful service! The children’s programmes are top notch. We plan to sail with them again in 2021 to Norway. Our children will be 12, 12 and 17 by then.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter