We are enjoying our Celebrity cruise around South America

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
This is all about our destinations, the itinerary.

They had a cooking demonstration this morning. Chef mentioned they have not had a cooking demonstration in over a year. Only one guest gets to do the tasting. That’s a difference I do not like.

That is a cruise that is on our bucket list, for sure - though it probably will have to wait until my husband retires.

Enjoy!! (and continue to update us when you get a chance. :))

Awesome!

Looking forward to hearing all about it!!

What ports will you visit? That is really poor show to have only one person taste, IMO. Maybe that's why it is the first in the year.

Happy sailing!

I left before it was over...at the end, the three steaks on plates were left on the table while chef talked to folks. Some in the audience took fresh knives and forks and helped themselves. We are sailing with friends who each had a taste of one of the steaks.

I still like DCL’s cooking demonstrations with individual tasting plates better.

We are in the Straits of Magellan today, and will cruise The Chilean Fjords tomorrow.

A favorite picture.....as we sailed away from Ushuaia, west toward Chile, we were lucky to see this! It was after our room was made up for the night, but we wanted to see just what was out there...Wow!

D43727A3-1E13-450F-9E36-24542BF982DC.jpeg

Maybe one of the new DCL ships will consider this cruise or at least visiting South America beyond Cartagena, Columbia. And please go back to Aruba...love the iguanas.

Maybe one of the new DCL ships will consider this cruise or at least visiting South America beyond Cartagena, Columbia. And please go back to Aruba...love the iguanas.
A very different way to get to Alaska! Pre Panama Canal!:)

I left before it was over...at the end, the three steaks on plates were left on the table while chef talked to folks. Some in the audience took fresh knives and forks and helped themselves. We are sailing with friends who each had a taste of one of the steaks.

I still like DCL’s cooking demonstrations with individual tasting plates better.

We are in the Straits of Magellan today, and will cruise The Chilean Fjords tomorrow.

A favorite picture.....as we sailed away from Ushuaia, west toward Chile, we were lucky to see this! It was after our room was made up for the night, but we wanted to see just what was out there...Wow!

View attachment 389455

Holy smokes! This is amazing! Thanks for sharing!

I had some deja vu when I saw your photos. My folks are on a world cruise and about a month ago, my mom sent me almost the same images. The glacier is amazing!

I had some deja vu when I saw your photos. My folks are on a world cruise and about a month ago, my mom sent me almost the same images. The glacier is amazing!
What cruise line are your folks on? My husband and I plan to do one of these after he retires in about 13 years. I have been preresearching and just have no idea. Are they happy with their choice of cruise line?

What cruise line are your folks on? My husband and I plan to do one of these after he retires in about 13 years. I have been preresearching and just have no idea. Are they happy with their choice of cruise line?

The Viking Sun. They are having an amazing time. There are several lines that do these cruises, but the folks had cruised with Viking River three times and Viking Sea twice, so they were knowledgeable about their product. They also liked the itinerary better than the other world cruise options. Just last week I got a postcard from Robinson Crusoe island!

Do you have kids with you? If so, what are their ages; and how is it for them? My dad wants to do this trip, but I'm not sure about how kid friendly it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter