We are back!! (to back) - Galveston December 3rd - 13th - Completed

Wow, crazy how quiet it was in port! Sorry your excursion was cancelled :(

Hahahaha those Palm tree glasses :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I'm living the good life vicariously through your trip report. I have not commented until now, but OMG the margarita glasses. :oops:😂 I'm dead!!! Crying laughing! I love that only the women got those! I had to show my husband. His response: "Now THAT is a souvenir." Just cannot stop laughing!

Thank you so much for sharing everything!

Wow, crazy how quiet it was in port! Sorry your excursion was cancelled :
Hahahaha those Palm tree glasses :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

It would have been great to have that whole resort to ourselves, but I get it that it wasn't worth them cooking for just 5 of us. I think if there had been another cruise ship in town it wouldn't have been an issue. Oh well, next time. ::yes::

OMG- I almost spit out my drink when I saw your Glasses! LOL

I'm living the good life vicariously through your trip report. I have not commented until now, but OMG the margarita glasses. :oops:😂 I'm dead!!! Crying laughing! I love that only the women got those! I had to show my husband. His response: "Now THAT is a souvenir." Just cannot stop laughing!

Thank you so much for sharing everything!

Thanks @cmph and @cindianne320 for following along. So, those glasses!! :rotfl: The really funny thing was that there wasn't a good way to hold them without feeling a bit strange - there was a bend to them that made it easier to hold them by the "base" :laughing: and that felt weird too!! :rotfl2: We decided to leave them in Mexico and just have the photo as our souvenir. ;)

Saturday, Dec 11th - At sea day

I woke up fairly early at about 7 am. :rolleyes: I hadn’t had a great night of sleep as the cabin seemed really hot during the night despite having turned the thermostat down. I finally gave in on being able to go back to sleep and got up at 8 am and went to sit on the verandah to get caught up with my trip report. Another gorgeous day weather-wise. :sunny: The cruises out of Galveston going south to Mexico definitely have better weather in general than those going across to the Bahamas. ::yes::

Scott got up a little before 9 am and after texting the group we all decided to go and try breakfast in Tritons for a change of pace.

Maggie elbowed other servers out of the way so that she could wait on our table. :laughing:

This was the closest we had been to the mosaic so I tried to get a photo. It's not great, but I couldn’t be bothered to move to get a better one. :rotfl:

I had a grapefruit to be healthy. :thumbsup2

And then followed it up with eggs benedict to be NOT healthy. :goodvibes

Scott had an omelet. The food was definitely warmer and fresher than Cabanas, it was a shame we couldn't get ourselves moving early enough to have tried it before now.

After a leisurely breakfast we went up to Deck 9 to see what was going on, but it was a really warm day and if you weren’t in the breeze it was really borderline hot! 🤪 Scott and I went to the drink station while the others went back to the cabins and then we made our way downstairs. These were the drink cups this time around. No DCL Merrytime, just the standard parks cups. Little by little the cutbacks are made. 😊 I don't think they care that we notice, but we do DCL....we do. :rotfl2:

We finished watching the movie McFarland that Scott has been watching in the evenings and followed it up with Maleficent Mistress of Evil. It was really too hot to enjoy sitting outside today, so we didn’t even try. The navigator had said it would be 84 degrees, and it felt every bit of it, if not hotter. :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

With no adult trivia going on, all of us opted for movies in the room or reading, and we had a very chill day. At about noon I ordered some Mickey bars for Scott and I. :yay: They really hit the spot and I’m glad we remembered to order them or it would definitely have been a food-fail on my part and post-cruise food-regret is an awful thing. :lmao:

Ahh...deliciousness.

While we were in the cabin they also brought our platinum gift of Prosecco. We ended up bringing both bottles, the one from this cruise and the one before, home with us and drinking the one Mum and Maureen ordered for us.

After finishing the movie we decided to go and take a walk around Deck 10 to see what was going on around the ship just to get ourselves out and moving a bit!

There was no breeze at all, even up on deck 10, so we just did one (slow) lap around the ship.

The splash area had a few kids in it but overall it wasn’t too busy at all compared to a pre-covid sailing. The main pool was busier but evidently I wasn't in photo taking mode as we walked past.

Blue skies and seas, just a picture perfect day. :love:

Goofy was taking photographs and there was quite a long line, which was not normal on this cruise at all. Almost all the character interactions had no lines, but my guess is that because this one was outdoors you could get closer – just my guess. :confused3

This is hard to see, but we had birds flying alongside us off and on. I always wonder if they just are out there anyway, or if they have hitched a ride somehow and then fly around? We saw them at night too. 🦅🐥🦜

We went to grab a bite to eat while we were out and ran into Paul down at the quick service stations. We decided to make it a grab-and-go as it was really hot by now. I got a hotdog and Scott got a shawarma. Maureen had texted to see what everyone was up to and they elected to order from room service. They had blueberry ice cream today at the soft serve station but I forgot to take a photo!

After eating we settled in for another hour or so of reading and doing nothing to try and beat the heat of the day and then at about 4:30 pm we all went to Cove Cafe to play backgammon as it was going to be too warm at Signals and someone else had taken "our" chairs. :rotfl: Maureen and I had a coffee and the boys got a beer from Signals as it was happy hour. That was something that we noticed a lot of this cruise. Almost all the bars had happy hour advertised on the app each day. French Quarter lounge was in the morning for coffee, Signals was almost always around 4:30 pm and Azure or Crown and Fin was at 10:30 pm or 11:00 pm. :drinking1

After a game or two, everyone decided Crown and Fin was better for backgammon so we headed there next. The servers in there told us that they had only had three tables of people since they opened at 11 am and by now it was gone 5 pm. :eek::sad2: I can only imagine how little money they were making. The only adult trivia today was at 11 pm and they were really noticing the fall off in people going in, they were so bored! I know I mentioned it already, but, the entertainment line-up for adults on these last two at sea days was very disappointing, there was basically nothing. Thankfully we had the backgammon set! :lmao::thumbsup2

And they always have Moet Ice, which can make up for a heck of a lot of disappointment! :rotfl2:

The backgammon session was serious today!

We stayed in Crown & Fin until 7:30 pm when they had a Hero’s Quotes trivia in Azure. We were terrible at it and got a very mediocre 10 out of 30 right, but at least it filled the gap until dinner time. :goodvibes

OP, we were coming across the ferry from Crystal Beach to go to Dickens on the Strand and the Oprah House right before your ship left the dock that day and I was SOO excited to see her there! I We LOVED crusing on her so much!
I'm going to go back now and read your trip report!

Tonight, dinner was Tritons and it was Captain’s Gala menu. This is good news for Scott and I as we love seafood, but not so good for the rest of the peeps who aren't so keen. :teeth:

Maggie bought us some curry, but unfortunately it was shrimp! :rotfl2: It was pretty funny really, as none of the rest of the family do shellfish, so Scott and I took one for the team! 😆 It was soooo good. I tried to get the others to just try the sauce, but nobody was willing to "risk it". 😂

There was a vegetable curry with it though and so they enjoyed that.

Everyone got a little something off the menu. Scott and I got lobster, which was really good. Maggie said they aren’t supposed to be taking it out of the shell these days, but she went ahead and did it anyway. Here is it with it's clothes on.

And without. :lmao:

They gang came through at one point and we managed to get some photos as they went by. The characters in the dining room were a nice touch I thought. It did make up a little bit for some of the missing interactions and parties. ::yes:: pixiedust:

We also managed to get a decent photo of us all when the photographer came around. Everyone was looking in the general direction and had a somewhat smile going on. :P

We also got some desserts, but I forgot to take photographs of those until they were eaten so here’s a screen shot of the dessert menu instead. :rotfl2: We ordered crème brûlée, chocolate lava cake, and the apricot trio.

They were delicious as you can see! :teeth: Half eaten food photos really aren't nice...I have no idea why I'm posting them other than it reminds me how much food we ate!! :crazy2::crazy2::laughing:

After dinner we decided to go for a walk on deck four. Maureen and Paul walked an entire lap, but Scott, Mum and I went to look at the pictures in Shutters before we started to walk. Mum can do about half a lap and so we took a nice slow stroll.

The weather was beautiful and the moon was out casting a really cool light on the sea. The iphone photo doesn't do it justice, but you get the idea.

We also found this bug – he was very interesting looking and I’m not sure what it was. I didn’t really look like a moth, but maybe it was. I figured he was from Mexico so maybe a bit more exotic looking. :confused3 :lmao:

And a lifeboat photo...because...deck 4.

Maureen and Paul caught up with us, and we all went down into the lobby to have some more photographs taken, despite the fact that nobody wanted to. The photographers were bored again tonight and wanted us to do all sorts of goofy stuff. Everyone begrudgingly gave in and played along. It’s SOOOOO not a British thing to do. LOL This one is the best of the bunch.

Then these of Scott and I….hmmm. :rolleyes: Kind of a strange pose really...I mean, nobody thinks that's a real moon do they?? :rotfl2:

Scott - always willing to be a goofball. :rotfl: Me - not so much. :goodvibes

Then this one of all of us doing a “guns up” but apparently I don’t know what that is. :teeth::teeth: But, it makes me laugh to look at it - it's just so corny and silly that it does make for a fun photo. :lmao:

Annnnnd then this one…we’ll just leave that here and let it speak for itself.

Despite saying we would see the fireworks on this cruise none of us could be bothered to go up and wait until 10:45 pm, so we skipped the Merrytime fireworks again and were completely boring and decided to go to bed. :rolleyes: It was about 9:45 pm when we got back to the cabin and found this guy waiting for us. :lovestruc We stayed up for about 30 minutes and I half debated going upstairs but I’d already changed and couldn’t be bothered to change back out of my PJ’s, and Scott had no desire to go, so I finally gave up on the debate going on in my head and went to bed. :rotfl:

Coming up: Last day – at sea

OP, we were coming across the ferry from Crystal Beach to go to Dickens on the Strand and the Oprah House right before your ship left the dock that day and I was SOO excited to see her there! I We LOVED crusing on her so much!
I'm going to go back now and read your trip report!
That would be a neat thing to see too! I never thought about seeing her from the ferry! :lovestruc

Unfortunately we didn't see her from the ferry. I spotted her on that road in between the actual port and the strand (can't remember the name). And I spotted her FROM A DISTANCE AND GOT ALL EXCITED AND STARTED TAKING PICTURES! 8-)

Okay now, back to reading your trip report.

You mention 2016 (I can't quote it for some reason?) January 2016 -- Tortola? Also hit the virgin islands? Was this cruise the one that ended in Puerto Rico? I was on that one too if so!

You mention 2016 (I can't quote it for some reason?) January 2016 -- Tortola? Also hit the virgin islands? Was this cruise the one that ended in Puerto Rico? I was on that one too if so!
I'm glad you brought this up because now I see that somehow I managed to delete my signature with all my prior trip reports linked. :crazy2: Yes, it was the repo cruise from Galveston to San Juan stopping in St Tomas and Tortola. We only made it to Tortola. :goodvibes

I'm glad you brought this up because now I see that somehow I managed to delete my signature with all my prior trip reports linked. :crazy2: Yes, it was the repo cruise from Galveston to San Juan stopping in St Tomas and Tortola. We only made it to Tortola. :goodvibes

You and I have definitely crossed Disney cruise paths! I zip lined in St. Thomas and did Virgin Gorda in Tortola..

I saw that your mom had an emergency in Tortola in your report above. I must say, your mom's knitting is unmatched. I've never seen anything like that!

Looking forward to reading your last day at sea!

You and I have definitely crossed Disney cruise paths! I zip lined in St. Thomas and did Virgin Gorda in Tortola..

I saw that your mom had an emergency in Tortola in your report above. I must say, your mom's knitting is unmatched. I've never seen anything like that!

Looking forward to reading your last day at sea!

We had an interesting trip, even with a medical emergency it wasn't a bad trip. LOL I'll try and get to the last day sometime this weekend and get this thing wrapped up.

Picture perfect day at sea for sure!!!

Oh my gosh, those photos at the end are hilarious!!! Is Scott trying to look evil or trying to make it look like he's in love with the camera? :rolleyes1 :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Picture perfect day at sea for sure!!!

Oh my gosh, those photos at the end are hilarious!!! Is Scott trying to look evil or trying to make it look like he's in love with the camera? :rolleyes1 :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I have no idea - but either way he looks plain goofy! 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter