Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I may be asking a really dumb question but here goes nothing!
I will be staying at S&D for a banking conference next month (April 10th-15th) & I booked my stay as well as 2 day park tickets through the conference website for the discount. I have gone into MDE and linked my ticket and chosen my park days. Now my question, is there a way to link my stay to MDE as well since I booked through the conference so that I can book my Genie+ & LL ASAP? I'm staying Sunday - Friday but only have 2 park days so I want to maximize my time since it's a solo trip!

Last edited:
I will be staying at S&D for a banking conference next month (April 10th-15th) & I booked my stay as well as 2 day park tickets through the conference website for the discount. I have gone into MDE and linked my ticket and chosen my park days. Now my question, is there a way to link my stay to MDE as well since I booked through the conference so that I can book my Genie+ & LL ASAP? I'm staying Sunday - Friday but only have 2 park days so I want to maximize my time since it's a solo trip!
If you call the hotel directly, they should be able to give you a confirmation number for your reservation that you can use to link in MDE; however, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lanes aren't booked in advance like FastPass+ was. You can add the Genie+ option to your ticket now (alternatively, you can buy it each day individually starting at midnight), but you won't be able to book any G+ rides, or ILL rides until 7am day-of.

If you call the hotel directly, they should be able to give you a confirmation number for your reservation that you can use to link in MDE; however, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lanes aren't booked in advance like FastPass+ was. You can add the Genie+ option to your ticket now (alternatively, you can buy it each day individually starting at midnight), but you won't be able to book any G+ rides, or ILL rides until 7am day-of.

Thank you! I have already purchased the Genie+ with my ticket but I was thinking that if my reservation is linked in MDE then I would be able to make those selections at 7:00am the day of park entry rather than at park opening. Genie+ & LL are definitely new to me so I'm learning!

A lot of people have wondered the distance from the Reserve to the main/Dolphin/Swan pool. I happen to be in a signature suite Epcot view that also has a perfect view of the walkway to the pool so I am providing that for a visual. It is actually closer than the walk from some parts of the Dolphin and Swan!FED08C46-578C-4642-86A5-16A7BCE40B2E.jpeg

I will have three of those Canadian tickets bought in 2017 to activate with our passports and my plan was to do go to IG so it’s nice to know I can do it all there. I’ll also ask for hard copies even if we have old magic bands from 2019 we can use. Is there a better time to go to IG the night before our first park day? We should arrive at hotel around 4pm.

Lucky you! IG is the best place. You can also go to Guest Services at Disney Springs — but they were very busy in December there. There’s no bad time to do — just avoid opening and closing park hours I guess. Give yourself some time and patience. I’ve heard they have to do some stuff behind scenes to activate since they haven’t sold them for quite awhile.

I had 2 Cdn tickets left for my trip in December but they were date specific and had fallen off my MDE. I had to call in to apply the credit to new tickets before my trip. Whatever they did via phone, I didn’t have to activate the tickets in Florida. But I was prepared to. ;)

Thank you! I have already purchased the Genie+ with my ticket but I was thinking that if my reservation is linked in MDE then I would be able to make those selections at 7:00am the day of park entry rather than at park opening. Genie+ & LL are definitely new to me so I'm learning!
Ah. Sorry for misunderstanding. Good luck with getting your reservation linked.

At the Swan’s quiet pool:

View attachment 652929
View from a Swan balcony room:

View attachment 652943
A lot of people have wondered the distance from the Reserve to the main/Dolphin/Swan pool. I happen to be in a signature suite Epcot view that also has a perfect view of the walkway to the pool so I am providing that for a visual. It is actually closer than the walk from some parts of the Dolphin and Swan!View attachment 652947
And this is how close the 2 Fantasia mini golf courses are.View attachment 652948
You guys are making me soooo home sick.

Great pictures, thanks.

Dumb question but when y’all do room service do you tip on top of the 22% service charge? Or is that the gratuity? I’ve been tipping on top of it just because it’s been so long since we’ve done it.

Dumb question but when y’all do room service do you tip on top of the 22% service charge? Or is that the gratuity? I’ve been tipping on top of it just because it’s been so long since we’ve done it.
If I recall (it's been a few years) that somewhere it says that the 22% does not go to the delivery person, but rather 'the house'. I always tipped, though did not use room service very often.

I always assumed the service charge was a built in tip. I hope I am not wrong...

If I recall (it's been a few years) that somewhere it says that the 22% does not go to the delivery person, but rather 'the house'. I always tipped, though did not use room service very often.
Well even when you tip at a resturant it goes to the kitchen and other staff.

Well even when you tip at a resturant it goes to the kitchen and other staff.
True. But the way i have interpreted that notice (same in other hotels) is that that 22% goes to the S/D, not kitchen staff or others. I certainly may be wrong though.

I looked on the app, did not see it referenced. I have seen it on the hard copy room service menu on past visits.

We had to do this pre-Covid for a banking conference my husband was attending. I actually had to get the reservation number from the company sponsoring the conference and through whom we booked the room. Caveat, however, we are APs and I was trying to link the reservation so we could make FP+ at 60 days. I would presume it would work the same way with your reservation number. If you are unable to get it from S&D, try the company through whom you booked the room.

IIRC, the booking agency had to actually transfer the reservation to Dolphin for its number to be assigned. It worked our perfectly for us.

We had to do this pre-Covid for a banking conference my husband was attending. I actually had to get the reservation number from the company sponsoring the conference and through whom we booked the room. Caveat, however, we are APs and I was trying to link the reservation so we could make FP+ at 60 days. I would presume it would work the same way with your reservation number. If you are unable to get it from S&D, try the company through whom you booked the room.

IIRC, the booking agency had to actually transfer the reservation to Dolphin for its number to be assigned. It worked our perfectly for us.
Thank you for this! Glad to know it worked out. I plan to give them a call this afternoon and try to get mine squared away.

We have booked a room with points at the Dolphin 3/29- 4/5. We kind of view can we expect? We are Marriott Gold - can we get any room/view upgrade?
Thanks!

We have booked a room with points at the Dolphin 3/29- 4/5. We kind of view can we expect? We are Marriott Gold - can we get any room/view upgrade?
Thanks!
I am also gold and stayed at the dolphin April 2021 and the Swan Jan. 2022. At the dolphin, we were upgraded to a nice view of the swan and the walkway in between the resorts, with some views of HS. At the swan they upgraded us to a balcony/resort view. Both visits we checked out the view and thought "nice" on the first day, and only occasionally after that. We really were only in the room to sleep. We asked nicely at check in regarding availability, but were not expecting any upgrade, as it is based on availability.

I checked the restaurant menus and couldn't find any child menu for Amare? Anyone went with kids?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter