Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

question - I have breakfast recommendations 7:30am on Thursday at Topolinos.

with early entry next week and Epcot’s extended hours …

what is the best way to get to Riviera from Swan Reserve at 7am/715?

would the skyliner be operational?

take an Uber? I will require three car seats… maybe three Ubers?

Regular Ubers do not have car seats. Ubers with car seats are a separate booking category. There may not be a lot of them. I would not count on 3 of them being available at the same time. But I have never tried to book one, so perhaps someone else can give you better information.

Regular Ubers do not have car seats. Ubers with car seats are a separate booking category. There may not be a lot of them. I would not count on 3 of them being available at the same time. But I have never tried to book one, so perhaps someone else can give you better information.

any alternative recommendation on how to get from swan to riviera by 730am ?

question - I have breakfast recommendations 7:30am on Thursday at Topolinos.

with early entry next week and Epcot’s extended hours …

what is the best way to get to Riviera from Swan Reserve at 7am/715?

would the skyliner be operational?

The Epcot Skyliner line should be operational by 7AM for 8AM early entry. If it’s not due to weather, there should be Disney buses that drop off at Skyliner resorts.

The Epcot Skyliner line should be operational by 7AM for 8AM early entry. If it’s not due to weather, there should be Disney buses that drop off at Skyliner resorts.

Thats great news! The kids will love the sky liner. And you think it makes all the stops then ?

Dumb question but when y’all do room service do you tip on top of the 22% service charge? Or is that the gratuity? I’ve been tipping on top of it just because it’s been so long since we’ve done it.
I would not tip on top of a 22% service charge. There should be tax and possibly a delivery fee on the bill as well. Pancakes end up costing $25.

We have booked a room with points at the Dolphin 3/29- 4/5. We kind of view can we expect? We are Marriott Gold - can we get any room/view upgrade?
Thanks!
West wing 494, 3rd from the end. I believe they consider this a River view. Looking back into the courtyard.

Attachments

• 16469271314522107624197234286779.jpg
    16469271314522107624197234286779.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Good day folks! I just found out there there are something like 4 or 5 conventions at or around the Epcot/Hollywood Studios resort area the first weekend in December (during our stay).
I haven't really stayed anywhere with multiple conventions going on at the same time. Just wondering if folks have experienced that and can I expect the hotel(s) to be like a zoo during that weekend or if it's not really bad because they are in session all of the time?

@Wells Larsen back in 2018 we were at S/D for vacation and there was a very large food conference, one room across from us was a host room and used for some small break outs. Other then feeling sorry they were all wearing suits, they caused no issues for us. We could hear them come and ago a bit but really nothing worse then a family leaving their room. We did see how busy the restaurants and bars for the locations at S/D were. Il Mulino was packed and busy, the Crescent Terrace outside of it was very busy too. On the good side of it, those hotel guests were not getting on the buses or boats, so we had no issues at all getting to the parks. Some may have had families but I'd so most were 100% there just for the convention. They did get on the buses to Disney Springs in large numbers, but that was it. Having attended a conference at Coronoado Springs I'd say the transportation isn't an issue, we had our own buses the one night we went to MK and on the trip back they had extra buses for CSR guests that night. I wouldn't be bothered by a convention for adults... a group of kids would be another thing - and I love kids and love seeing them having the chance to attend competitions and conferences, I just don't care to pay be at the same location.

@Wells Larsen back in 2018 we were at S/D for vacation and there was a very large food conference, one room across from us was a host room and used for some small break outs. Other then feeling sorry they were all wearing suits, they caused no issues for us. We could hear them come and ago a bit but really nothing worse then a family leaving their room. We did see how busy the restaurants and bars for the locations at S/D were. Il Mulino was packed and busy, the Crescent Terrace outside of it was very busy too. On the good side of it, those hotel guests were not getting on the buses or boats, so we had no issues at all getting to the parks. Some may have had families but I'd so most were 100% there just for the convention. They did get on the buses to Disney Springs in large numbers, but that was it. Having attended a conference at Coronoado Springs I'd say the transportation isn't an issue, we had our own buses the one night we went to MK and on the trip back they had extra buses for CSR guests that night. I wouldn't be bothered by a convention for adults... a group of kids would be another thing - and I love kids and love seeing them having the chance to attend competitions and conferences, I just don't care to pay be at the same location.
Thanks Steve! That is incredibly helpful and what I was expecting. I do expect Disney Springs to be busy anyway just because I've read that it is extra busy around the holidays, but it's good to set expectations. Thanks again, sir!

@Wells Larsen one thing to know about the bus Disney Springs - hopefully S/D moves back to using the Disney buses, right now the bus situation to DS is they go to the West Side parking lot (near Cirque du Soleil betwen Strawberr & Watermelon lots) vs the Lemon Parking lot on the East side. So you may want to consider walking to BW. But by December they could very well (hopefully) be back to Disney buses.

A few questions if anyone would like to help!

For a family of 5, would you stay at Dolphin or POR (approx same price)? Are there many families at Dolphin(we have young kids, not sure if it's all conference people or adults)? How would I know what conferences are being held? Are there any ground floor rooms (prefer no elevators)? Do the tvs get Disney cartoons like the other resorts?

Thanks for anyone who can help!

@grumpy28 we last stayed at POR and loved it but... you take the bus for everything except Disney Springs. The big plus for a family IMHO at S/D is you don't have to take the bus for everything. DHS & Epcot have boats and walk options. The current bus to AK by Mears is equal to any Disney bus location, the only downside to bus to MK is you go to TTC then Monorail or Boat to MK so for MK taking the BW bus to MK might make more sense. There are very limited # of ground floors, and no they don't get the Disney resort channels. If you shoot your dates I can look, or you can try to navigate 10times.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter