Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

How good is the wifi at 7am? I wonder if I should budget for international data usage since we are coming from Canada.

How good is the wifi at 7am? I wonder if I should budget for international data usage since we are coming from Canada.
Actually I wonder if it is better then Disney since it’s not quite as boggled down at 7am.
🤔

probably not 😆

I can't really speak for 7am necessarily, but I was there for a week and had to WFH(hotel) the whole week and didn't have any issues at all with video calls, VPN, and so on.

Where do you do online check in for Swan? Our reservation is linked in MDE, but there is no option and I’m not seeing it in the Swan app either.

I tried doing a search but couldn’t find in this thread. Swan reserve was the only one of the Marriott trio that had points for an upcoming stay in May. Do they offer the ”food credit” welcome gift for Platinum Bonvoy? And if so, where was it redeemable?

We are staying at the Swan for the first time in a couple of weeks and I had a couple of questions.

I know we do not get magic bands. My kids prefer to not take their phones for fear of losing them. Is it a pain to just use my IPhone to scan us 4 times?

We could go and get cards correct? If so could we walk over to the International entrance at Epcot the night we arrive to get them for the next day?

For the extended evening what will we need to show? Just a Swan room key?

Thanks all!

I got my son a lanyard and attached it to his phone and around his neck. He didn't lose it (which is a huge success with him) and he was able to play the Disney app games while in lines.

You can get cards and a recommended this option verse using the app. I could not get it to scan correctly all last trip (Google wallet) and it's just so slow to scan swipe finger scan swipe finger and so on while you're all limped together at the scanner.

For the extra hours just scan the card you get(park card that's linked to mde). If there is an issue they can look at your reservation on the mde or bonvoy app.

I tried doing a search but couldn’t find in this thread. Swan reserve was the only one of the Marriott trio that had points for an upcoming stay in May. Do they offer the ”food credit” welcome gift for Platinum Bonvoy? And if so, where was it redeemable?

DH is Titanium this year, but I assume it’s also for Platinum. Complimentary continental breakfast, either through room service or at Amare restaurant. Includes pastries, bagels, toast, juices, yogurts, yogurt parfaits, oatmeal, fruit. If you want, you can upgrade at Amare to full buffet for additional cost. They issue coupons (though not dated) for each day. The coupons said they could be used at Garden Grill or Fresh as well but we didn’t try. We also didn’t try to see if we could just get some items from the coffee shop, like we’ve done at Swan before.

Reactions: amw
We are staying at the Swan for the first time in a couple of weeks and I had a couple of questions.

I know we do not get magic bands. My kids prefer to not take their phones for fear of losing them. Is it a pain to just use my IPhone to scan us 4 times?

We could go and get cards correct? If so could we walk over to the International entrance at Epcot the night we arrive to get them for the next day?

For the extended evening what will we need to show? Just a Swan room key?

Thanks all!

Yes, you can go to Epcot international gate anytime to do — back in the day they had discounted Canadian tickets and we had to show our passports to activate them. I always went to the gate the day before so it was done and I didn’t have to carry passports in the park. Lines are usually small or nonexistant. Just don’t go at park opening to get.

The Tickets this year are 50th celebration ones and are pretty souvenirs. I had my Christmas Party tickets separated to hard copies at Disney Springs just to keep the hard copies. :rotfl:

For the extra hours, they’ll just want to see the hotel reservation on your MDE. One per family. I know Marriott has habit of dropping. Maybe screenshot MDE. Room key would be second evidence. Idk.

Even though you don't get Magic Bands, you can still use old ones to enter the parks as long as both tickets and the Magic Band are linked in MDE.

Yes, you can go to Epcot international gate anytime to do — back in the day they had discounted Canadian tickets and we had to show our passports to activate them. I always went to the gate the day before so it was done and I didn’t have to carry passports in the park. Lines are usually small or nonexistant. Just don’t go at park opening to get.

The Tickets this year are 50th celebration ones and are pretty souvenirs. I had my Christmas Party tickets separated to hard copies at Disney Springs just to keep the hard copies. :rotfl:

For the extra hours, they’ll just want to see the hotel reservation on your MDE. One per family. I know Marriott has habit of dropping. Maybe screenshot MDE. Room key would be second evidence. Idk.

I will have three of those Canadian tickets bought in 2017 to activate with our passports and my plan was to do go to IG so it’s nice to know I can do it all there. I’ll also ask for hard copies even if we have old magic bands from 2019 we can use. Is there a better time to go to IG the night before our first park day? We should arrive at hotel around 4pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter