Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I got the check in notification from Marriott for Swan Reserve for our Saturday check in early online. Is the general consensus to go ahead and do it, knowing I’ll have to re-link my reservation in MDE (but harm nothing else?) and then it will stay linked after the one re-link?

I must be out of the loop - what going on with this?
They are phasing out the points charts and moving to a dynamic system, thus devaluing the Bonvoy points once again. I shared these links a few days ago, but a lot of points happened since then, these should help explain what's going on.

Marriott Bonvoy Devaluation: How Bad Will It Be?
Marriott Dynamic Award Pricing Devaluation Starts March 29, Will Be Worse In 2023
Possible impending Marriott devaluation: What dynamic pricing could mean for travelers

Here's an update in case it helps anyone: I did finally get through, the hold was almost exactly 3 hours. I was told that my tickets will be waiting for me at the front desk when I check in so she created a temporary "Park Planning Pass" that allowed me to make park reservations now. I was surprised that had to be done manually, but I'm very glad everything's finally set.
Same happened with us, just keep in mind having to pick up the tickets will affect Genie+ and ILL on that first day, if you were planning to go to the parks.

we had a great visit. Some wear and tear in the room, but clean - and the beds were very comfortable!!

the pool area is amazing - I actually prefer it over some of the WDW resort pool areas, including Stormalong bay.

we wished the lines for coffee at Fuel were a little shorter, but overall the food and drink offerings were great too.

I always shop around when we visit WDW and have stayed many place, but since we discovered S/D, we haven’t looked back.
Thank you!! I am feeling much more confident in our switch decision. The kids have been begging to go back to Disney they were all under 5 when we all went last. (They still seem to remember a little) They don’t know we are going it’s a end of school surprise vacation. But they are older and all tall enough to ride everything. (And we won’t have to take a stroller!!!!!!) 😂.

What are the rules for pool use? My parents and sister and BiL are staying at the Dolphin (2 rooms) and DH and I are at SSR. On our DHS day my family wants a midday pool break...can we go with them to the pool? Are there bracelets required like SAB? They can add us to their reservation for the day if needed.

What are the rules for pool use? My parents and sister and BiL are staying at the Dolphin (2 rooms) and DH and I are at SSR. On our DHS day my family wants a midday pool break...can we go with them to the pool? Are there bracelets required like SAB? They can add us to their reservation for the day if needed.
When we were there in October they didn't ask us for a room key or anything. I think if you want a towel or floats they look at the key tho, but didn't seem to scan to see if we were all on the room. Now idk if that's the policy but that's what they did with us.

We have never had an issue visiting friends who were staying there and we were not. It also worked in reverse, friends visiting and we were staying. No wristbands or other type of resort designation. Your friends will need to use their room card to get towels for all of you, but not a big deal.

You can go in the pool but you are not allowed to get wet. :teeth: J/K You will be fine, as said above. Pool area is an equal to SAB, IMO, but not as 'discovered' as SAB.

@Jennasis I am pretty sure there will be some signs saying the pools are for resort guests only. In the past they've been pretty easy going and they don't clamp down like Disney does... so far. You can always ask at the desk and see if they have a day pass. There is a company, ResortPass which sells day use to some hotels, but SDR isn't on the list. My take is if you're not a big group and behaved they probably won't care.

With that said as they begin the update to the new pools and slides I think they will probably implement some type of gate system otherwise it will get overrun. But that's not going to happen today, probably sometime next year.

First stay at Dolphin. 3 Questions, please....TIA!

1) Will they issue key card? I'm not using Magic Band this trip.

2) Checking into SSR after check-out Dolphin. Do they offer help w/luggage transfer or do I need to use Uber?

3) I was able to link my Dolphin res to my DVC res, but MDE won't accept Dolphin res. ...Says I need to add myself to MDE, but I'm already the primary member. I have my tix linked but 1st day of park entry is while at Dolphin. Does it matter? I'm getting blank pages online MDE & phone waits of 90+ minutes so any help is appreciated.

First stay at Dolphin. 3 Questions, please....TIA!

1) Will they issue key card? I'm not using Magic Band this trip.

2) Checking into SSR after check-out Dolphin. Do they offer help w/luggage transfer or do I need to use Uber?

3) I was able to link my Dolphin res to my DVC res, but MDE won't accept Dolphin res. ...Says I need to add myself to MDE, but I'm already the primary member. I have my tix linked but 1st day of park entry is while at Dolphin. Does it matter? I'm getting blank pages online MDE & phone waits of 90+ minutes so any help is appreciated.
1. You can use a mobile key or get a card ( a magic band would not work here anyway since its not a disney hotel.)
2. Sometimes.. best to call
3. I am not sure sorry

@Mai Ku Tiki good to see another 1999 DISer on here! In January I shared a post about luggage transfers that might be helpful. But as @Meglen said calling or using the text is a good idea, if not you'll just need to Uber/Lyft/Taxi over to SSR.

Quick re-cap of my 5th stay at Dolphin. This was a stay specifically for runDisney weekend.

Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite - booked a standard double room with AAA rate - was automatically (well, I sent a request via email) upgraded to a Deluxe Resort View Balcony room.

Got the food credit over the points. Since we were leaving at 4:30 am on our last morning, they changed one of the dates on the cards to be used the day of check in since we checked in super early. Used it for $20 towards food at Fuel on two different days.

We checked in online, and then again once we arrived at 9:00 am. Room not ready, checked bags, and got the mobile key at 12:00 (not bad honestly).

Pool was crowded, but got chairs and enjoyed mobile ordering lunch and drinks. Waited maybe 30 minutes during peak lunch hour.

Room was in East wing. All was fine with room - could see Epcot fireworks from balcony. Bathroom is really tiny (we typically stay in Alcove Suites).

First time staying with the bus for MK going to TTC. Was not in love with that. Only did it once so didn't compare it to walking over to Boardwalk/Beach Club.

All transportation for runDisney events was very good. I made the mistake of thinking the bus picked up where all the parks buses went, so missed the first bus that came for the expo. After that all was smooth sailing for race day.

Walked both to Epcot and HS. Will always say location can't be beat.

Reservation did drop off of MDE a couple of days before, but quickly re-linked it. Had no trouble with Genie+.

Took a first timer with me - and she agreed on the location, enjoyed the pool, the grounds etc....but said for her family's first ever trip towards the end of the year, she would choose a full Disney resort (although her Marriott member husband is fighting it!).

Had a great time and already booked for November.

@Mai Ku Tiki good to see another 1999 DISer on here! In January I shared a post about luggage transfers that might be helpful. But as @Meglen said calling or using the text is a good idea, if not you'll just need to Uber/Lyft/Taxi over to SSR.

Hi Steve! We've seen lots of changes over the years, right? Was thrilled to find Pete Werner online back in '99 & look at the empire he's built!
Thanks for the info. We retired to WDW for a few years & only did day visits...was so great being able to hop over for dinner...Now I haven't stayed onsite for awhile (family called us back north) so I'm out of practice. :flower3:

Quick re-cap of my 5th stay at Dolphin. This was a stay specifically for runDisney weekend.

Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite - booked a standard double room with AAA rate - was automatically (well, I sent a request via email) upgraded to a Deluxe Resort View Balcony room.

Got the food credit over the points. Since we were leaving at 4:30 am on our last morning, they changed one of the dates on the cards to be used the day of check in since we checked in super early. Used it for $20 towards food at Fuel on two different days.

We checked in online, and then again once we arrived at 9:00 am. Room not ready, checked bags, and got the mobile key at 12:00 (not bad honestly).

Pool was crowded, but got chairs and enjoyed mobile ordering lunch and drinks. Waited maybe 30 minutes during peak lunch hour.

Room was in East wing. All was fine with room - could see Epcot fireworks from balcony. Bathroom is really tiny (we typically stay in Alcove Suites).

First time staying with the bus for MK going to TTC. Was not in love with that. Only did it once so didn't compare it to walking over to Boardwalk/Beach Club.

All transportation for runDisney events was very good. I made the mistake of thinking the bus picked up where all the parks buses went, so missed the first bus that came for the expo. After that all was smooth sailing for race day.

Walked both to Epcot and HS. Will always say location can't be beat.

Reservation did drop off of MDE a couple of days before, but quickly re-linked it. Had no trouble with Genie+.

Took a first timer with me - and she agreed on the location, enjoyed the pool, the grounds etc....but said for her family's first ever trip towards the end of the year, she would choose a full Disney resort (although her Marriott member husband is fighting it!).

Had a great time and already booked for November.
Thanks for the report, JJ. Sounds good to me.

How long ago did you book your Dolphin stay? It can take several days before you can link it in MDE. If it has been longer than that, call in house reservations at the Dolphin and:
  1. Make sure the number of guests in your room is equal to the number you are trying to link to MDE. You will have to populate those guest names in MDE from your friends and family list. If you are the only guest listed, be sure your name on the reservation is the same as you have in MDE.
  2. Have Dolphin In House Reservations (be sure you are calling in house reservations at the Dolphin and not Bonvoy--number is all over this thread) verify all information is correct, i.e., number of guests or your name as noted in #1, reservation #, etc. If so, Dolphin may need to resend it to Disney reservations which will require another 24 - 72 hour wait.
Hope you get it worked out soon!

Ah! That may be the problem...I have 2 in Dolphin room (we're on F & F list) but only me at SSR...

It's just when I tried to link everything incl Park Tix/ Plans in MDE that everything stalled.

Thanks for your help.:flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter