Walking from Pixar Place hotel to downtown Disney as a non hotel guest

OregontoDisney

Mouseketeer
We have reservations for breakfast at Pixar Pier hotel but are not guests there. Is it a long walk to downtown Disney if you do not have a guest key to show or theme park tickets?

Not far. Just have to walk towards Disneyland hotel and then your at DTD. Honestly though find some others walking and just follow with them if they go across the street. Just takes one person key to open the gate so as long as your with the crowd you will be good.

Ok thank you!
No we're staying at Knott's with a couple of Disneyland days, this will be on our departure day, would like to have breakfast and do a little shopping without taking away from our park days.

Curious about this too... We are staying on Harbor and planning to walk to DTD on our arrival day and I wanted to get food at Grand Californian and maybe walk over to see Pixar place. When we are done at either PPH or GCH, will we not be able to go through GCH and back out to DTD the same way we come in (by the Starbucks)?

Curious about this too... We are staying on Harbor and planning to walk to DTD on our arrival day and I wanted to get food at Grand Californian and maybe walk over to see Pixar place. When we are done at either PPH or GCH, will we not be able to go through GCH and back out to DTD the same way we come in (by the Starbucks)?
You will go thru DTD on your way to GCH (if walking) & Pixar PIace. You can go either way. I think the only restriction is from Pixar or the street at all wont let you into GCH without a res, but you can enter from DTD or from DCA.

You will go thru DTD on your way to GCH (if walking) & Pixar PIace. You can go either way. I think the only restriction is from Pixar or the street at all wont let you into GCH without a res, but you can enter from DTD or from DCA.
Ahh that makes sense. Maybe it's not worth trekking my family over to Pixar place then and just stick to GCH! Thank you!

Technically you need a room key card to open the gate on the sidewalk to get back into GCH property. In practice though, you will likely not have a problem going in behind someone else or through after someone else comes out and people go in and out of the gate constantly.

If you end your day at Pixar Place you could also consider just grabbing an Uber back to your hotel from there or, depending where you are on Harbor, just walk down Katella to Harbor.

Can non-Disney hotel guests walk up from Katella past Pixar Place Hotel directly to the Disneyland Hotel? I'm doing a Run Disney weekend in September and packet pickup will likely be at the Disneyland Hotel again.

Can non-Disney hotel guests walk up from Katella past Pixar Place Hotel directly to the Disneyland Hotel? I'm doing a Run Disney weekend in September and packet pickup will likely be at the Disneyland Hotel again.
Yes!!
Although im not sure where the pick up is, but you shouldn't have any problem getting to the DLH main tower.

Last edited:
Technically you need a room key card to open the gate on the sidewalk to get back into GCH property. In practice though, you will likely not have a problem going in behind someone else or through after someone else comes out and people go in and out of the gate constantly.

If you end your day at Pixar Place you could also consider just grabbing an Uber back to your hotel from there or, depending where you are on Harbor, just walk down Katella to Harbor.

I would not count on that - if I recall correctly, they were checking for door keys at GCH during our last visit.

We were GCH guests and made the mistake of turning in our key when we checked out. The doorbell security measure didn't answer and we had to wait a bit until someone came through so we could pick up our bags. I had to pull up our reservation info on the app to show someone when asked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter