WAlk to Disney Challenge... feel free to join

Well I need to get my butt moving more. Hopefully this will help get me motivated again. We’ve since relocated closer to the mouse, so I’ll make mine a RT. 108 miles here I come!

Happy to find this thread! I am approx 3168 miles from WDW (I have to convert from KM :laughing:). I'm into the fitbit/step count thing and the internet tells me that my daily goal of 10,000 steps would equate to about 5 miles. Since that's a lofty goal I'm also planning to look into the distances between attractions at the parks and do virtual park walks with shorter goals to keep me motivated!

39.82 miles since my last post

645.71/1,317

I'm at 49%, and a little over 12 miles to the halfway point!!

I'm also planning to look into the distances between attractions at the parks and do virtual park walks with shorter goals to keep me motivated!
Great idea, and :welcome:to the thread!

I love this idea of this challenge and would love to jump in. I’m always more successful when I’m motivated to move towards a goal in a fun way. It’s 1,358 miles from my front door to WDW’s front door.

I’ve got 5.87 miles so far this week.

I think I tried this before, BUT - this will be a fun goal!!

Driving from my House to Pop Century is 1410 Miles
It won't calculate the miles walking it (YIKES!!)
Biking it is 1521

If I average the two; I get 1465.5 miles so that is what I am going to roll with

I think I will start this on June 1st as part of my "Getting Back on Track" Month!!

I have been tracking my miles this year for a church walking challenge, but I am not going to count anything towards this challenge!

This looks like a fun idea. 622 miles to our favorite resort, The Grand Floridian, from our house.

My walking goals are currently small.

5000 steps a day until July 7
6000 steps a day July 8-14
6500 steps a day July 15-21
7000 steps a day 22-28th
7500 steps a day 29th -31 when we'll see where I'm at if I want to keep increasing. Hoping to have some good days where I get a bit closer, but know I have to keep it reasonable or I'll give up.

We just got back from a quick weekend trip where the other family members averaged 24000 steps a day each but I only averaged 14000, so I want to work on it to be in better shape for our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter