Waiting for GottaPlay!!

I sent them an e-mail last week sometime and the only response I got it that it was forwarded to the billing department... Nothing since and I am GETTING VERY aggravated! My billing period closes on Monday and I WILL NOT pay for something I shouldn't have to! I haven't done a trial offer since lol... kinda scared me off.

I sent them an e-mail last week sometime and the only response I got it that it was forwarded to the billing department... Nothing since and I am GETTING VERY aggravated! My billing period closes on Monday and I WILL NOT pay for something I shouldn't have to! I haven't done a trial offer since lol... kinda scared me off.

Join the crowd then. I'm stuck until the 2nd of April to dispute with my cc company. It's actually coming fast. If you hear anything back let us know.

Okay, I sent them two e-mails last week telling them I still had not been credited and that I would dispute this with my cc company - this is the response I got again. Notice it is not even addressed to me!!

Dear

We are writing in regards to your recent billing dispute.

After reviewing your account, our records indicate that a refund (and
not a charge) in the amount of $13.95 was refunded to the credit card on
file, was issued on 3/2/2007:

Transaction ID: 13588*****
Transaction Status: Refund

Settlement Information
Settlement Amount: USD (13.95)
Settlement Date and Time: 02-Mar-2007 00:27:33

I too sent them a second e-mail today with no real reply to my first and this is ONCE AGAIN what I got..

Dear Melissa,

Thanks for your email. We apologize for the delay. We will forward this
to billing to see about checking on the status of your refund.

Sincerely,

Kim
GottaPlay Customer Service

Lorie what e-mail are you sending them mail to? Do you have one that goes directly to the billing department?? Thanks!

I actually spoke with Kim today. She listened, apologized and took down my information to send to the billing department. All nice and tidy. After I hung up the phone I thought she sounded practiced. You know when you feel like your being played. Man I wish I never ever signed up for this offer!

I actually spoke with Kim today. She listened, apologized and took down my information to send to the billing department. All nice and tidy. After I hung up the phone I thought she sounded practiced. You know when you feel like your being played. Man I wish I never ever signed up for this offer!

I know what you mean -- I spoke with Kim twice. She sounded very concerned but it was not her problem but she would notify those whose problem it was!!

I tried to file a dispute online last night but I have to wait 30 days to do that. I paid the bill already but it still showed up as something I could dispute. I will wait until 3/31 or 4/1 then to file the dispute.

I have been reading all the threads about people getting charges on their cc that they don't understand and this has really turned me off sign-ups! I do miss the extra money I was making for WDW but I can't take the stress of it all!! :rotfl2:

I don't have a direct e-mail for billing, do you? I am replying to the e-mail they sent me - customerservice@gottaplay.com.

That's where I keep sending my e-mails but they keep saying that they will forward it over to billing. This has happened twice and of course I have gotten no response from their "billing department." I guess I'll be waiting next until next Tuesday to dispute. Tried yesterday but then found out I hafta wait 30 darn days! Guess I won't be paying my cc bill until that goes away! Or I'll pay all of it but 13.95!

I have been reading all the threads about people getting charges on their cc that they don't understand and this has really turned me off sign-ups! I do miss the extra money I was making for WDW but I can't take the stress of it all!! :rotfl2:
Sadly it has scared me off too! I went from making $115 the first month to $110 the second to only $26 this month! Oh well it's really not worth it to battle things like this!

heres the email I got back from them after I sent an email cancelling:

Dear Valued Member,

Thank you for your email. We have noted your request to cancel your account. Due to the newly instated upgrades we have added to our website, we are having a few technical difficulties. At this time, our automated email system cannot send cancellation confirmations nor refund notifications to your email address on file. Please rest assure that our technicians are working to fix these issues as quickly as possible.

We will note your account of the date you have requested cancellation, and our billing department will refund any charges that may occur on or after your cancellation request date. Once our website is fully functional, we will send you an email cancellation confirmation, and an email refund notification if applicable. Please accept our sincerest apologies for this inconvenience.

If there is anything else I can do to make your GottaPlay experience better, please let me know.

Sincerely,

:confused: the charges already show on my credit card.. ugh..

I logged onto the site yesterday to get information to call, and my account was showing active again, after I canceled it on the 6th!!!!!!!!! I canceled again, sent them yet another email threatening to call the BBB and anyone else I could find, and this was the response I got today

Dear ****
I show that account in a cancelled status. GottaPlay's billing department is working hard on manual refunds during the migration to our new system. They will send you a confirmation email with a transaction ID number as soon as the refund is processed.
If there is anything else I can do to make your GottaPlay experience better, please let me know.
Steven
GottaPlay Customer Service Manger
GottaPlay Interactive, Inc.
phone 866.348.2800
http://www.GottaPlay.com

Yeah, Steven. I can tell you exactly how to make my GottaPlay experience better. REFUND MY MONEY

I filed a dispute with my cc company today. I had to wait 30 days. I faxed them documentation and now have to wait to see what happens. Anyone else file a dispute? I will post again when I hear back from my cc company! :)

I called gottaplay today (1-866-348-2800) it has been 30 days...
The guy on the phone starts talking about the 3-5 business days... and I say, "it has been a month"... so he starts looking at the account closer... yes the account was canceled, but the refund WASN'T processed... what the :mad: !
That is what I get for waiting patiently... he was going to send it right over to billing... he was very appologetic... sigh...
I better see it in 5 days or I will reverse the charges with the credit card company...

I want my $ back so I can do more offers.

I called gottaplay today (1-866-348-2800) it has been 30 days...
The guy on the phone starts talking about the 3-5 business days... and I say, "it has been a month"... so he starts looking at the account closer... yes the account was canceled, but the refund WASN'T processed... what the :mad: !
That is what I get for waiting patiently... he was going to send it right over to billing... he was very appologetic... sigh...
I better see it in 5 days or I will reverse the charges with the credit card company...

I want my $ back so I can do more offers.

The person who responded to my e-mails said they would forward them to the billing department, well NONE of them got answered of course from the "billing department" so I will be disputing TOMORROW! Finally... maybe something can finally be done...

I got a call from my cc card company yesterday and at least the ball is rolling - they said to look for an e-mail from them with furhter information. At least SOMETHING is happening now :)

ETA - I just checked my account online and there is a "Courtesy Adjustment(Other)" listed for -$13.95!! So hang in there everyone -- there is hope! So that works out to be about $.43 per day for aggravation!! :lmao:

My cc had a message for me at their website: "Please be advised that we have credited your account for the above charge in the interest of good customer relations. We have also adjusted any related fees and finance charges." So I wonder if this means Gotaplay gets away with $13.95 or if the cc company goes after them? I have never disputed anything before.

I hope after all this hard CC work you all got credited. I didn't have problems cancelling a month ago but I never got the credit either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter