Waiting for August Hours - All hours are up!!

i can't get on either but i have the ak hours:

Aug 1 - emh 8-9am
aug 3 - emh 7-10pm
aug 5 - emh 8-9am
aug 8 - emh emh 8-9am
aug 10 - emh 6-9pm
aug 12 - emh 8-9am
aug 15 - emh 8-9am
aug 17 emh - 6-9pm
aug 19 - emh 8-9am
aug 22 emh 8-9am
aug 24 - emh 8-9am
aug 29 - 7-10pm

check the site when it comes back up incase it changes...hope that helps:cheer2:

thank you!!!

Is everyone still having a problem getting hours? I've been going back and forth between days at AK since about an hour ago and I'm not having a problem. Except that my computer is being unbelievably slow today but that's not Disney's fault lol.

I started a thread on this topic, but no one has answered, so I thought I would try here....would I be totally crazy if I planned on doing parks with evening EMH hours each night of my August trip?

It will be me, dh, ds6, and dd6months; ds was 4 on our last trip, and he is totally excited to ride rides, but we figured with the baby, we will be much slower moving in the parks. We plan on taking long afternoon breaks to get out of the August heat since we are used to going in December normally. (We picked August this time due to free dining.)

Anyway, we usually avoid EMH days to keep the crowds lower, and I am worried that the crowds will already be much higher in August than what we are used to in Dec, and if we do EMH it will be crazy. The upside is that we will be able to go later to the parks, when it will be hopefully cooler.

Any thoughts either way? Thank you! :lovestruc

Is everyone still having a problem getting hours? I've been going back and forth between days at AK since about an hour ago and I'm not having a problem. Except that my computer is being unbelievably slow today but that's not Disney's fault lol.

Still having problems here.... Maybe you are getting a better server. I get an Apache Tomcat Error saying Internal Server down.???? About to just let it rest for a while. I have been on that website probably over 100 times these past few days trying to get the frickin hours. Now they are all up and the server is down. I need a VACATION from VACATION planning!!!!!

I started a thread on this topic, but no one has answered, so I thought I would try here....would I be totally crazy if I planned on doing parks with evening EMH hours each night of my August trip?

It will be me, dh, ds6, and dd6months; ds was 4 on our last trip, and he is totally excited to ride rides, but we figured with the baby, we will be much slower moving in the parks. We plan on taking long afternoon breaks to get out of the August heat since we are used to going in December normally. (We picked August this time due to free dining.)

Anyway, we usually avoid EMH days to keep the crowds lower, and I am worried that the crowds will already be much higher in August than what we are used to in Dec, and if we do EMH it will be crazy. The upside is that we will be able to go later to the parks, when it will be hopefully cooler.

Any thoughts either way? Thank you! :lovestruc

I am checking this thread so I can plan how to avoid EMH! We have gone in August for the last nine years and have tried EMH...Mornings are usually ok, but you will need to leave the EMH park before noon to avoid total gridlock....
The night EMH.....Was not worth it at all! Very crowded....I'm sure there are many opinions on this, but we will avoid those EMH parks, Works best for us.:goodvibes

Here are the AK August hours if it helps:

Operating Hours Information
August 1-31, 2009
Distributed 5/4/09
Animal Kingdom

Dates Operating Hours
August 1-8 9am – 7pm
August 9-22 9am – 6pm
August 23-31 9am – 7pm

Dates Parades Operating Hours
August 1-31 Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade 3:45pm
Extra Magic Mornings
August 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 24, 31
Extra Magic Evenings
August 3, 10, 17, 29

That's strange - everything is working fine for me, but a half hour ago I couldn't get the hours (could view the rest of the site). But I just checked it and it worked now.

Oldest niece :flower3: will be spending her 12th bday in WDW. Coincidentally, my 12th birthday sucked horribly so I am really glad it works out that I can do something cool to make sure hers doesn't. :rotfl: I had a really hard time at that age, and I remember reaaaaalllllly wanting a trip to WDW. I went when I was 5 but then not again til I was a teen.

Younger niece princess: will be 8 next month.

Neither of them have even been on a real vacation, so it will be a treat.

It's nice that you'll have your bf with you; my trip is just me and the 2 girls.

I know we'll have a great time, but I'll feel bad if they miss something like Spectro or Fantasmic.

I'm looking forward to reading about your trip when you get back!

Are you doing a pre-trip report, or a trip report? Cause I'd love to read it! I'm thinking about doing one...it would be a good way to chronicle the wait for hours! Are your nieces into the princesses? My nephew loves the pirates movies,,,I don't know if he's too big to do the new Pirate thing thats coming to Adventureland... I have fun hanging with the boys but I am definitely a little jealous that you're doing an all girls trip!! I need a niece!! They are going to love AKL,,,we stayed there last trip,,,its so gorgeous!!

On the calendar click on the individual day for each park and they will appear in a seperate window.

Are you doing a pre-trip report, or a trip report? Cause I'd love to read it! I'm thinking about doing one...it would be a good way to chronicle the wait for hours! Are your nieces into the princesses? My nephew loves the pirates movies,,,I don't know if he's too big to do the new Pirate thing thats coming to Adventureland... I have fun hanging with the boys but I am definitely a little jealous that you're doing an all girls trip!! I need a niece!! They are going to love AKL,,,we stayed there last trip,,,its so gorgeous!!

I usually post reports and photos on my personal website... PM me for the url if you are interested. I usually post trip blogs when I travel anywhere interesting- not just to WDW. I love writing reports and I am really hoping to quote the girls this time. Older niece :flower3: loves to write; I will be happy if younger niece princess: draws some pictures that I can photograph or scan. I've written a draft of a pre-TR but not posted it yet.

Younger niece princess: loves princesses and was about in awe when I asked if she would like to eat with the princesses. (this was the night I sprung the trip on them and they were both in total shock) Older one :flower3:, not so much- she doesn't hate them but she outgrew her brief girly phase long ago. Otoh, I never outgrew my princess phase. :)

I haven't been to AKL yet, but have been wanting to go for years. It's funny to me that every time I call about my reservation, they ask me why I chose AKL. Regardless of anything else, I made a good choice because the girls are totally excited about having bunk beds, and would have hated the idea of sharing a bed. (the only things they know so far about the hotel is that it has bunk beds and a pool... I want to surprise them with the details and theming if I can; I was going to surprise them with the bunk beds, too, until they started whining a bit about possibly sharing a bed... the horror! Then they started arguing about who gets the top bunk for 4 nights vs 3 nights... :rotfl:)

How do I find out whether the EMH are morning or evening ones?!
Debx

You need to look on the US site. At the bottom of the UK site click on international sites and choose US. Then when the screen refreshes at the top left it will now say visit US site. Click on that, then hover over plan, choose your park, select the month then click on the day you want to see.
Hope that helps.

I clicked on the calendars to get the park info and I notice they don't include Sunday the 30 or Monday the 31st. Any ideas?

I clicked on the calendars to get the park info and I notice they don't include Sunday the 30 or Monday the 31st. Any ideas?

Click on the 29th. Once the info opens, in the right hand upper part there is a tab "previous day/next day". Use next day to go to the 30th and 31st.

Or you can also get that info on the International calendar.

I was looking on disney site and when I am there so far as it says the day that Hollywood has EMH at night they say there is no Fantasmic. Is that normal? other wise I have to find another time to see it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter