VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

FYI: Even “atrium rooms” look like hospital wards under those horrible LED lights. You have been warned.
Interesting. We stayed there last Apr/May and didn't notice any particular harshness such as them using daylight LED bulbs. (I do wonder at "daylight" designation. It is so blue vs actual daylight). We'll be back in approx a month so will see what that room is like.

I find it odd they are a problem. LED lights dont need to be “daylight” . Lower lumens with a soft white feel are what I use at home…maybe someone screwed up. Of course at home I can change color and intensity in some rooms as well by saying “Alexa, living room lights 50%”. Been doing that so long it’s crazy to think of being without…🤣🤣
I always thought there was a correlation way back with Disney changing to LED bulbs and lighting become super dim in most resorts. It is like the Disney light bulb buyer doesn't pay a ton of attention to what they purchase.

I always thought there was a correlation way back with Disney changing to LED bulbs and lighting become super dim in most resorts. It is like the Disney light bulb buyer doesn't pay a ton of attention to what they purchase.
A friend of mine has a pet peeve about WDW light bulbs: their lack of attention to light bulbs. Like in one queue where you have lots of little lanterns or such, they all have different bulbs. Don’t go and look for this because once you see it, it really looks very bad! I would have never noticed hadn’t he pointed it out… but you can’t unsee it once you saw it.

None of the outdoor fixtures at WL, CCV, or BRV have flickering bulbs anymore. They're all gone. Yes, it's a small thing, but indicative of the carelessness of the details that set Disney apart of its competitors, the little things that made it a special place. The special touches are disappearing before our eyes.

See, that's what I'm worried about, I do not like peppers, at all.

There is at least 1 Lockoff that is an Atrium room, as we stayed there in February, so if you can do a 1BR you have a shot at it.
The one 1BR lockoff is on the 5th floor, which means the balcony off the BR is a "closed in" balcony. But there is another balcony off the LR too, and lots of windows on the corner LR.

Also note that the atrium doesn't reach to the 5th floor, so you'll have a wall surrounding the atrium in the hallway on 5.

Last edited:
There is at least 1 Lockoff that is an Atrium room, as we stayed there in February, so if you can do a 1BR you have a shot at it.
I have stayed in the 2 bedroom “corner atrium” rooms six different stays and both bedrooms are only accessible by entering the main entrance. There are one bedroom units surround them. Edit. I’m sorry, I never read about the fifth floor atrium rooms nor stayed in them. That is interesting that they are lock offs. I will have to check it out in December

Last edited:

None of the outdoor fixtures at WL, CCV, or BRV have flickering bulbs anymore. They're all gone. Yes, it's a small thing, but indicative of the carelessness of the details that set Disney apart of its competitors, the little things that made it a special place. The special touches are disappearing before our eyes.
I’ll miss those flickering lights for sure - wonder if the ‘crickets’ are gone as well -

The one 1BR lockoff is on the 5th floor, which means the balcony off the BR is a "closed in" balcony. But there is another balcony off the LR too, and lots of windows on the corner LR.

Also note that the atrium doesn't reach to the 5th floor, so you'll have a wall surrounding the atrium in the hallway on 5.
It's definitely a little different up on the 5th floor without the view down to the atrium. I had once requested a lakeview atrium room when we had a 1BR booked. Got one of the dedicated 1BR 5th floor with enclosed balconies. Technically right off the "atrium". Oh, and woods view. :eeyore::rotfl:

And this reminds me I need to get my lakeview request in for our upcoming stay. Or should I use reverse psychology and ask for woods view? :scratchin My best bet is probably to ask @jimmytammy to make the request for me. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
And this reminds me I need to get my lakeview request in for our upcoming stay. Or should I use reverse psychology and ask for woods view? :scratchin My best bet is probably to ask @jimmytammy to make the request for me. :thumbsup2
Im glad to help KAT!! :goodvibes

Is this considered a closed balcony? This was our 5th floor 2BR non-lakeside in 2014. What do the other balconies look like?
I thought the closed balcony situation was only in the main lodge. Those are like a solid wall.
IMG_0587.jpeg

Is this considered a closed balcony? This was our 5th floor 2BR non-lakeside in 2014. What do the other balconies look like?
I thought the closed balcony situation was only in the main lodge. Those are like a solid wall.
View attachment 841596

They are basically the same as the ones on the main WL building. At VWL they are only on a few of the rooms right around the atrium area where the building makes the jog from 1 wing to the other.

p1751160048-5.jpg

p1157479816-5.jpg

Looking down where you can see the location relative to the walkway to the Villas:

p1785161267-5.jpg

They are basically the same as the ones on the main WL building. At VWL they are only on a few of the rooms right around the atrium area where the building makes the jog from 1 wing to the other.

p1751160048-5.jpg

p1157479816-5.jpg

Looking down where you can see the location relative to the walkway to the Villas:

p1785161267-5.jpg
Thanks! I never knew about those. Hope I don’t get one of those 2BRs. I don’t want to ask for too may things! So far, my requests are dedicated, lake side, and upper floor. Dedicated is the most important, (us cash people have to request that ) :)

I am staying at BRV for the first time in May. Do I check in at the main lodge or is there a separate lobby/check in for BRV? This will be a one night stay added on to the beginning of my trip. I do not plan to do a park on arrival day. What are the best things at the lodge that I should be sure to check out?

I stayed at the main lodge 25+ years ago for my honeymoon. We did a couple different tours offered from the lobby. One was architecture/details and one was about the restaurants and had food samples. Do they still do these?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter