Vote - Best shore excursion on Cozumel?

We've done 3 different excrusions in Cozumel: Xcaret, Horseback riding and Jeep Tour. They have all been excellent and you won't be disapointed with any of them.

We did Playa Sol on our own.Much cheaper and a lot of fun. Great facilities.

Some folks are the shopping types...

Some like to see the historical sights...

Some are there for the "culture"...

Some like the bar scene...

Some like active recreaction...

Some like to sun...

Some never leave the ship...

Depends on your cup of tea!

Cozumel is most famous for the snorkeling and Diving.

Hi again, pgesler!

On our first cruise, August of last year, I made reservations with a tour company for an ATV adventure. It was terrific. So much so that on our upcoming cruise this August we will do it again. This time, however, I'm saving some money by booking directly through the sponsoring company: Wild Tours.

The tour guide will meet you at "the flag pole" (a not-so-very-long stroll along the main avenue adjacent to the pier) and drive you to the other side of Cozumel Island. It's only about a 9-mile drive. The tour departs from their ATV "garage" around Punta Chiquero Beach. Make sure you attend to all personal matters prior to disembarking the Magic. My son had a nature call as soon as we arrived. Yes, predictable. A young man working on an ATV advised us, in very broken English, that my son had two choices: step into the local woods or step into the even more local porta-potty. My son chose the porta-potty. He came running out just seconds after walking in holding his nose and said it was "beyond disgusting" in there. As fate would have it, I too was blessed with a nature call. Unfortunately, mine involved sitting. I went into the porta-potty and carefully lifted the lid. The opening led into a cavern not of this earth. I must admit my son was 100% correct in his brief description. Diagonally across the street there was a very Mexican restaurant with a roof but open sides. My son and I walked over. Well, actually, my son walked "male fast" (gotta go) while I ambled (also gotta go, but the other end). Thank goodness they had a bathroom. One of the proprietors nodded that it was ok to use their facilities. My son went first while I just prayed - quietly - for strength. Finally it was my turn. I entered and started to line the seat with tissue paper only there was no tissue paper. I walked out, well, ambled carefully, and finally got a full roll from the bartender - AFTER having to practically play "charades" with the bartender in order to explain my need for tissue paper. Consequently, the entire restaurant now knew my mission. I lined the seat with what I hoped was enough tissue paper to stop any Mexican germs from attacking my New York butt. As I was relieving myself with an enthusiasm and complacency only other men can understand, my eyes came to rest on a handwritten sign taped to the wall next to the mirror above the sink. It said, in English, not to flush ANY paper down the bowl. Violators would be fined. Geez. What next? I looked around, trying to figure out how to appease my need for cleanliness without violating the "law." If only these were turbo-toilets like aboard ship, all I'd have to do is flush sitting down. Heck, the suction would probably remove any FUTURE blemish. In order to limit this already too long story, let's just say I left clean while also obeying the posted request. In conclusion, I recommend having the kids, AND adults, use the facilities aboard ship prior to leaving on any shore excursion.

The ATV portion of the tour provides a "Wild" ride over unpaved trails paralleling the coast. The ATVs are automatic transmission, so the driving is relatively easy. After a 20-mile ride (?) the group is led to an area on an isolated beach where Wild Tours has set-up a beverage stand with a large umbrella providing shade. Ice cold bottled water and sodas. Wonderful! Disrobing down to bathing suits, everyone kayaks out to an ocean area roped off just before a barrier reef and snorkels. Afterwards, you return to shore and rest for a bit. Two people stayed on the beach while the rest of the tour went kayaking/snorkeling. On the return trip, your guides stop at a local Mayan ruins and acquaint everyone with the history of the Mayan culture. Yes, in brief. Then it is a return to the "garage." The tour also sponsored a late lunch (with one alcohol beverage) at the same restaurant where my son and I had been earlier in the day, but we had not known about this ahead of time. So instead we opted to return to the Magic.

All in all, a most enjoyable shore excursion which I heartily recommend.

Buckaroo, you are SOOOOO funny!!! Ya know, I was having a pretty miserable, frustrating day until I just read that post. Thanks for the tips and suggestions. Great storytelling!!!

Anyway, last year my dd12 & I did the Tulum excursion which we thoroughly enjoyed. My dh took the 2 little ones to Chankanaab beach (on his own - not through DCL) and they had a blast there too.

DH and I went to Mr.Sancho's on our own and really enjoyed it. There were families there also the children looked like they were having a great time. They do have a water trampoline.Mr. Sancho's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter