Vintage resort pics?

The 1990s are considered vintage? Gosh I'm getting old. JK. I love pics from the 90s cause that is when I worked there.

Scan%2014.jpeg

Scan%2015.jpeg

Scan%2016.jpeg

I remember this brochure/booklet vividly! Wow. That sure does bring me back.

These aren't exactly "vintage" but cool nonetheless:

04121003.jpg

04121002.jpg

04121001.jpg

The last one is the Villas at the Disney Institute.

Finally! Someone else who has stayed at the Disney Institute! I feel like I'm the only one! :lmao: It happens to hold some of my favorite Disney memories and I wish they hadn't done away with it!

Finally! Someone else who has stayed at the Disney Institute! I feel like I'm the only one! :lmao: It happens to hold some of my favorite Disney memories and I wish they hadn't done away with it!

I stayed there once! I also come across very few people who stayed there. We stayed there in November 1996 and we had a bungalow room. I believe we had a room that looked towards Downtown Disney, but my memory is fuzzy. I have found it difficult to find photos and other information about the resort.

I stayed there twice before it was The Disney Institute. It was called Disney's Village Resort then. We stayed in a Club Villa the first time and a Fairway Villa the second time. I loved the Fairway Villas. They had loft bedrooms that looked down on a huge living room. You could park your car under an overhang on the building. The best thing about them was you could get great AP rates on them. It's too bad they tore them down for Saratoga Springs.

Taken from the parking lot as we pulled in at the Caribbean Beach Resort for our visit, November 1990 on our first family trip! Everyone was SO EXCITED and we hadn't even been to a park yet!

CBR-128ed-L.jpg

Our corner, 2nd floor room at the CBR; they installed the mini-bar and coffee maker while we were there. Our view was actually of the mini-courtyard and a little of the parking lot but since the place was practically deserted we didn't mind at all!

CBR-124ed-XL.jpg

1992 - Another shot of our room which had a view of the monorail sailing by!

Untitled-025ed-L.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter