Vintage resort pics?

Love it!! I wonder when they went from ABCD and E tickets to daily admission?:confused3 I went with a friend in 1984 and I don't remember ticket books. I think we paid a daily admission price. That would mean that sometime between 1980 and 1984 it changed. I remember almost all those rides!! I loved Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Don't you LOVE the crazy hats on the two ladies in the photo to the left of the dumbo ride pic.:rotfl:

I love the fashion and hats on the pictures! Check out the red hat of the lady at the pool at the "Vacation Treehouse and Fairway Villas"

Did you know you could do this?
Disney%20Guide.jpg

just copy the location link... then click that little icon of a postcard and a pop-up box will appear, paste the link into the box and then click OK. That's what I just did for you.

Thanks for your help... :thanks: It did take me a long time to figure this out!

Thanks for your help... :thanks: It did take me a long time to figure this out!

Oh, well Thank YOU for taking me down memory lane!! I never thought I'd be so nostalgic for that 70's look!!! lol In the 70's... I thought it was so BAD!!! Funny how 3 decades changes your mind!

Thanks for sharing!!

Yes, the Golf Resort later became the Disney Inn then Shades of Green.

In the brochure, read the listings for the restaurants. Some served Coca-Cola and some Pepsi. I was actually researching this the other day, but didn't get far. :surfweb:

Thanks for sharing!!

Yes, the Golf Resort later became the Disney Inn then Shades of Green.

In the brochure, read the listings for the restaurants. Some served Coca-Cola and some Pepsi. I was actually researching this the other day, but didn't get far. :surfweb:

I hadn't noticed! I guess this was before the days of exclusive sponsorship deals.

Pepsi did seem to be involved in the early days of Disney: I found this on thisdayindisneyhistory.com:

pepsi.jpg

This sort of counts, right? Me falling in love with Mickey for the first time, 22 years ago! :love:

4816416403_c530113137_b.jpg

awwww that's so cute... and look at Mickey... He looks different? but why? I'd like to see a side by side comparison between today's Mickey and Yesteryear's Mickey! :thumbsup2

That is a beautiful picture!

Mickey does seem different: he seems to be leaner, and perhaps have a smaller head, than today's Mickey?

That is a beautiful picture!

Mickey does seem different: he seems to be leaner, and perhaps have a smaller head, than today's Mickey?

Maybe Mickey's been eating on the Deluxe meal plan. I think there is something different in the expression and eyebrows.

This sort of counts, right? Me falling in love with Mickey for the first time, 22 years ago! :love:

4816416403_c530113137_b.jpg

Ok.... Now we can compare:

Here's Mickey from this March
29880_390105532893_674127893_4145766_5883658_n.jpg

What do you think? If you look carefully at the head, there is more black plush on the older head than the current head.

Yeah I have noticed the differences to Mickey over the years, I started to take notice after watching footage from the opening of Tokyo Disneyland.

Personally the old Mickey Mouse looks kinda scary to me, but I think that is mostly because that is not what I am used to seeing.

Looks to me like new Mickey has a taller forhead (the black on his head doesn't come down as far as it used to), and I think his eyes are taller (more oblong) with pupils that are less centered. Maybe the newer head is bigger over all.

Looks like these Mickeys both have big fat glove hands, but I've seen older photos where Mickey simply has human-sized hands with regular white gloves.

It also looks like the heart-shaped area around his eyes and cheeks is wider than previous incarnations. I love watching characters/WDW progress! I was born in '88 so I missed quite a lot!

Yes, I think that Mickey's newer head has a overall larger face. So that reduced that black areas of his head. His face does seem a bit wider now too. Maybe the whole head is a little larger.

I haven't seen pics posted yet, but I saw an old photo of Winnie the Pooh and THAT one had a much bigger difference in the style.

The older Mickey looks like he's rockin' some great sideburns. That's really a nice photo. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter