Vintage resort pics?

These are great pictures! We went in 1972 when I was 4, but I've never seen any pictures from that trip. We took the car train down from NY.

I have pictures from 1976 but don't know how to post them. Can anyone explain how to do this??:confused3

i'm not exactly sure if this is Wilderness lodge or not because if it is i can't figure out where it would have been taken from.

it's from the late 70's very early 80's and it's out of place with a bunch of pictures from 1980 but i'm going to post it anyways and if it's not someone can let me know and i'll remove it from the slide cube.

5-17-2010_104.jpg

Kurby, that is definitely not Wilderness Lodge, I don't think it is Fort Wilderness either. FW hasn't changed much since 1972 and I don't remember the sites looking like that, or where you would be able to get a "bird's eyeview" picture like that. Where else did you camp? Maybe the pics is from another vacation.

well we had a motorhome for 8 years and went all across Canada and the States.

i seems to be the loan camping photo in a stack marked 1981 and that was the year we went to disney.

it's more likely that it's miss placed since i've just found one of the Disney and so far i haven't found our camp site.

actually i just said to mom you'd never know we were even there since we're not even in any of the pics LOL

Here's what i have found from 1981

I'd hardly call this Vintage LOL cause that would make me old

5-17-2010_016.jpg

5-17-2010_019.jpg

is this river country or one of the resort pools?

5-17-2010_011.jpg

5-17-2010_005.jpg

5-17-2010_006.jpg

i should say - the girl coming down the slide is my - in my younger (thinner) days.

i was 12 :)

5-17-2010_011.jpg

Found a couple more. Here are some scanned photos from October 1972 taken at the Contemporary.

066WaltDisneyWorld-copy.jpg

091WaltDisneyWorld-copy.jpg

090WaltDisneyWorld-copy.jpg

This brings back such memories. My family and I stayed there in I believe it was 1978 - I remember the carpet and bedspreads and curtains. Amazing...

i'm not exactly sure if this is Wilderness lodge or not because if it is i can't figure out where it would have been taken from.

it's from the late 70's very early 80's and it's out of place with a bunch of pictures from 1980 but i'm going to post it anyways and if it's not someone can let me know and i'll remove it from the slide cube.

5-17-2010_104.jpg

Although the campground looks very nice & exceptionally well kept don't think that's fort wilderness... the sites seem to be too close together, I don't recall a log at the end of each site. Another question... where in the world would that photo have been taken from?

Editing to add: Second glance, this could be FW... I hate to admit but I've camped in over a hundred campgrounds as a child/teen and the roadways were always memorable. FW had the best paved roads of any campground for biking.

You could post this over in the campground forum & see if anyone there recognizes it from FW or another campground.

my dad seems to think it may be a camp ground in Alberta or British Columbia.

DH says the logs at the end weren't in FW either

i have to say i have no recollection of even being in WDW at all so i'm still looking for pics with us in them to see if that sparks any memories.

Thanks for the look back in time! :thumbsup2 I didn't get to go to Disney when I was growing up. I had to wait until 2006 :eek:

Kurby this definetly is not FW. Notice the cliff on the curve.FW like alot of Florida is flat. But I enjoyed the picture anyway. Keep them coming if you have more.

5-17-2010_104.jpg

cuz' I'm old school!!

Please post more more more. I need to go over to my mom's to get mine. Let's keep this thread going!

PamNC

my dad seems to think it may be a camp ground in Alberta or British Columbia.

DH says the logs at the end weren't in FW either

i have to say i have no recollection of even being in WDW at all so i'm still looking for pics with us in them to see if that sparks any memories.

I'm going to agree with your DH. The bend in the road has a guard rail because the land drops off there.... I can see the tree trunks are lower. FL is pretty flat in the Disney area, the hills start just west and north of the area.

I'm going to agree with your DH. The bend in the road has a guard rail because the land drops off there.... I can see the tree trunks are lower. FL is pretty flat in the Disney area, the hills start just west and north of the area.
There was a lot more vegetation between the sites at FW back then. There were no logs at the ends of the sites. I spent a lot of time at FW from around '78 - '85!

Beth

I just made it through 23 pages of vintage pics and they ALL are awesome! I now have to go to my Dad's house and get our pics from when I was a kid. We started going in 73 when I was 1 and kept making the trip from Indiana at least once a year and now I take my family at least 5 times a year! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter