VGT Wish rate available for 3 but not 4

letsgobirds

Earning My Ears
Thinking of a last minute June Wish sailing for my family of 4, and saw that the VGT rates are available and looking into it. IF I put 2 or 3 guests, the VGT rate is available , but when I add the 2nd kid (ages are 10 and 6) the rate falls off and the cost goes up by over $2k. Is this typical for these rates? I though the rooms all fit 4 guests , so i'm unclear on why this is happening and if there is any way around this to book the VGT rate.

Thanks!

Is this typical for these rates?
Yes.

*GT rates are offered to fill the ships. Keeping it to 3 passengers allows for the most flexibility. Sometimes *GT allows for 4, but not always. While DCL offers a lot of flexibility with how many guests can be booked into a stateroom, overall occupancy does not allow that max in all staterooms.

You could book 2 staterooms with 2 guests in each for VGT. I don't know how that impacts your pricing.

According to the DCL website, Deluxe Family Oceanview Staterooms with Veranda on the Wish sleep 3 or 4 people. Rooms that sleep 3 don’t have the bed that comes down from the ceiling. Because booking VGT could get you assigned any available room, if there are mostly 3-person rooms still available, a party of 4 can’t book VGT.

Other possibilities are that the areas with remaining rooms have limited lifeboat capacity and can take 3 more but not 4 more guests, or that the kids club is approaching maximum and you can book 1 more but not 2 more kids.

Got it. The glut of leftover 3 person only room thing makes sense. I doubt its its lifeboat or kid capacity, as no categories are sold out and a good amount of staterooms are available in all the categories

Got it. The glut of leftover 3 person only room thing makes sense. I doubt its its lifeboat or kid capacity, as no categories are sold out and a good amount of staterooms are available in all the categories
I would call and check. We had this same issue on the cruise we booked as a GTY last summer. Online only 3 would show up and allow booking but my travel advisor called and was able to get a GTY for 4. We were on the Fantasy and I think it was just a glitch because the lowest level verandah rooms there are the Navigators that mostly hold 3. We ended up in an amazing Cat 4E which amounted to a 38% savings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter