• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VGC Resale Listings

Demographics for my family are mid 30s, 3 kids, a House and two well paying jobs. A bit of the anti millennial if you will, even though we technically are. Not trust fund or silver spoon by any means. I Grew up in So-Cal and we are all Disney geeks. Family is also in So-Cal so that plays into the decision. The main reasons we decided are 1.) we’ve chosen for this to be our family vacation year after year. Every one has their things they do with their family, this is ours. My son has been to Disneyland 6 different Times. He’s five and we live 1,500 miles away. 2.) we decided this likely won’t change. Hasn’t changed in 30+ years, probably won’t now. 3.) we like staying on property if possible. It’s just so much easier if you have 3 kids to get around. 4.) VGC is the only DVC gig in town and it makes staying on property financially possible. Couldn’t do it year after year at $700-$900 per night. Supply, demand, and the VGC monopoly. If there were other DVC on property resorts I’d for sure consider them. That’s the long and short..

Demographics for my family are mid 30s, 3 kids, a House and two well paying jobs. A bit of the anti millennial if you will, even though we technically are. Not trust fund or silver spoon by any means. I Grew up in So-Cal and we are all Disney geeks. Family is also in So-Cal so that plays into the decision. The main reasons we decided are 1.) we’ve chosen for this to be our family vacation year after year. Every one has their things they do with their family, this is ours. My son has been to Disneyland 6 different Times. He’s five and we live 1,500 miles away. 2.) we decided this likely won’t change. Hasn’t changed in 30+ years, probably won’t now. 3.) we like staying on property if possible. It’s just so much easier if you have 3 kids to get around. 4.) VGC is the only DVC gig in town and it makes staying on property financially possible. Couldn’t do it year after year at $700-$900 per night. Supply, demand, and the VGC monopoly. If there were other DVC on property resorts I’d for sure consider them. That’s the long and short..
It sounds like a great fit for you! I'm nearing 60 and I raised my three at Disneyland. We have such wonderful memories! And I'd add another number to your list: 5) If we ever did tire of it, we could sell and likely get most, if not all, of our money back...!

We are technically millennials too, but I also reject that. We're the same age. Don't buy more points than you need, but buy enough so that you don't have to keep adding on as prices (for now) keep climbing. Look at the type of room you want to stay in, time of year you plan to go, etc. I would also tell you that as kids get older, the times you go change. We would love nothing more than to go to Disney when school is in, but with one that is now school age, we do have to be somewhat mindful of that. We're going for the first time in the summer next month since we were in grad school! It will happen to you too. :(

Millennials unite! Well, I don't reject it myself. It's more a badge of honor. My wife and I are childless, but we both have good, steady, well-paying jobs. I mostly just like to randomly Google search "Millennials are..." to see what new thing we're ruining/killing this time.

Millennials unite! Well, I don't reject it myself. It's more a badge of honor. My wife and I are childless, but we both have good, steady, well-paying jobs. I mostly just like to randomly Google search "Millennials are..." to see what new thing we're ruining/killing this time.
Removing in case that seemed rude.

Last edited:
I was “toying” with the idea when I couldn’t get a studio res for October. I love GCH! I’m looking for 100 points but don’t want to pay $20,000. I could kick myself for not going for it before the price increase. Or even better when it first went up for sale.

I put mine up for sale and it sold in a few days for $188 for 125 points

I love Grand Cal but won’t be going as much.

Made an offer yesterday and they accepted. Thanks for the help everyone! We are very excited to say the least and can’t wait to tell my 3 & 5 year old. The price per point was a little higher than I wanted, but they took less than full price so that made me happy. It was the perfect use year for our family, the perfect amount of points, and was just shy of double points for 2018. Couldn’t have asked for much better. I guess we’ll just keep the VGC machine chugging along. Good luck to everyone else

Made an offer yesterday and they accepted. Thanks for the help everyone! We are very excited to say the least and can’t wait to tell my 3 & 5 year old. The price per point was a little higher than I wanted, but they took less than full price so that made me happy. It was the perfect use year for our family, the perfect amount of points, and was just shy of double points for 2018. Couldn’t have asked for much better. I guess we’ll just keep the VGC machine chugging along. Good luck to everyone else
WOW! Where did you find it? Now that you're set would you mind sharing tat? I never saw one with double points! CONGRATS!!!

It was on DVCResale for $218 Friday night, took $210 a couple hours later. UY of June and was 160 points. I mispoke about the double points, it was 120 banked from 2017, so 280 due up in 2018. Way better than most of the stripped contracts I’ve been seeing. Like I said, more than I wanted but it was perfect for us so I’m ok overpaying a little. Bright point is I’m hoping I don’t have to worry too much about ROFR. There is another contract, same everything except for the banked points. I think it’s probably a second contract by the same seller, otherwise it would be extremely coincidental.

It was on DVCResale for $218 Friday night, took $210 a couple hours later. UY of June and was 160 points. I mispoke about the double points, it was 120 banked from 2017, so 280 due up in 2018. Way better than most of the stripped contracts I’ve been seeing. Like I said, more than I wanted but it was perfect for us so I’m ok overpaying a little. Bright point is I’m hoping I don’t have to worry too much about ROFR. There is another contract, same everything except for the banked points. I think it’s probably a second contract by the same seller, otherwise it would be extremely coincidental.

Congrats! I hope to be able to call VGC home one day!

Welcome neighbor :)
We’ve owned at vgc since 2008/9 and bought more points resale last year. It’s amazing how much they are going for, but it’s a great place to stay at dlr. I’ve never regretted for an instant! congrats!

Thanks! We are very excited. This next question is purely out of curiousity. They mention in the documents that DVD can reallocate points for the resort to higher demand/lower demand seasons (which is why the point charts change), but they can’t change the actual number of allotted points for the property in a given year. So, that being said, does anyone have an idea what the total point alottment for the resort is for a year? I’m just curious as to how many “neighbors” I now have and might paint a picture as to why it is so damn hard to land the contract. I’m imagining it’s a relatively small amount of contracts for the VGC, thought someone may know exactly how many. If you go at the same time, year after year, you probably stand the chance of seeing some of the same families, which would be kinda cool.

I have been unable to find the exact, but based on working backwards from Disney's declaration of their minimum points retained, VGC is roughly 1.25 million points.

Sent our contract over and now we wait for ROFR. Contract says it must be done through closing by August 14th, we’ll see if that pans out. We had a trip already planned for late October and are staying across from the main gate. I think I know the answer to this question, but has anyone ever had luck booking VGC at the 3 month mark? We would love to use our points rather than sell them. We will be going with family so need a two bedroom and I thought that may help our odds, even though they will still be slim. I suppose I can’t check availability until the contract goes through and I can log into the system? Realistically, should I just move on and not get my hopes up?

Sent our contract over and now we wait for ROFR. Contract says it must be done through closing by August 14th, we’ll see if that pans out. We had a trip already planned for late October and are staying across from the main gate. I think I know the answer to this question, but has anyone ever had luck booking VGC at the 3 month mark? We would love to use our points rather than sell them. We will be going with family so need a two bedroom and I thought that may help our odds, even though they will still be slim. I suppose I can’t check availability until the contract goes through and I can log into the system? Realistically, should I just move on and not get my hopes up?

We've booked 3 weekends at VGC in the last couple of months in either a studio or 1BR just days to weeks away from the stay through stalking / WL. But we we were only trying for 1 or 2 nights, and had backup Hyatt nights booked on rewards that we could cancel pretty late with no penalty. If you're trying to get several nights in a row I think it would be much harder, but not completely impossible depending on your luck. I wouldn't count on it but if you have a backup reservation that you can cancel without penalty it's worth a try!

The Grand Californian Hotel price, July, 4 people, studio, partial view with parking and taxes is over $900 a night. Do not see DVC prices going down
I know!! I looked at what a studio would be in Oct and I couldn’t believe the lowest price a night (minus tax and parking)- studio, standard view $576!! For our family it was a no brainer to buy VGC. Kicked ourselves for not doing it right after our first time renting. I also don’t see people wanting to sell unless they build another DVC property (which from what I’ve read, doesn’t seem too likely).

For anyone looking, Timeshare Store has 4 VGC listings, all June UY, all 250 points. All priced around $185 (one for $195, it has banked points)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter