VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

This was just posted a week ago. They head down to the beach around 8:50

Just watched this video and they said that 1/2 the umbrellas are booked before you get there. I don't think that is true unless they changed this past year. They were always a walk up and book. Now granted you can book for the entire stay your first day so it may seem that people booked before they arrived.

Has this changed?

Just watched this video and they said that 1/2 the umbrellas are booked before you get there. I don't think that is true unless they changed this past year. They were always a walk up and book. Now granted you can book for the entire stay your first day so it may seem that people booked before they arrived.

Has this changed?
We just left Vero and I would say less than a third of the umbrellas were booked before the walk-up window opened. That being said, the line for the chairs, umbrellas, and cabanas got pretty long some days though. I got there at 8:45 one morning and I was 5th in line and by the time the window opened, it was about 15 -20 deep. The guys there said that the lines have been getting crazy lately. I went back later that day to book a set for the next day just to avoid the lines.

Does Vero do anything special for July 4? Checking in that day and didn’t know if they would have fireworks.

Does Vero do anything special for July 4? Checking in that day and didn’t know if they would have fireworks.
I would be surprised if they did... but you never know...

EDIT: Confirmed. No fireworks "due to the sea turtles".

Last edited:
Hi all - I’m gifting my aunt and uncle a 3 night stay in Vero mid-October - they’ve never been, are in their late 70’s and very active. Any recs - dining or activities? They will have a car! Thank you!

Hi all - I’m gifting my aunt and uncle a 3 night stay in Vero mid-October - they’ve never been, are in their late 70’s and very active. Any recs - dining or activities? They will have a car! Thank you!
A couple of things come to mind:

They have tennis courts, a pool, a mini-golf course, and I believe shuffleboard all at the resort...

the resort is direct on the ocean so there is plenty of space to walk there.

then, they are also close to the jungle trail and pelican island national wildlife refuge which they could either walk to, or more likely drive to.

DVB I believe also has bicycle rentals available for them to rent.

The Green Cabin Room hosts a drink seminar daily - I believe it is on a 3 or 4 day rotation of the classes. They also host some sort of a trivia game every day at 5:30 PM.

Recently they announced some pirate character meet and greets will occur every Thursday, but I don't think that is a permanent addition - just for the summer. There ARE character breakfasts every Saturday morning.

Lastly, Wind & Waves offers sit down service for Breakfast every morning and dinner every evening. DOn't know if it makes sense to eat there every night, but it is an enjoyable place to be there.

A couple of things come to mind:

They have tennis courts, a pool, a mini-golf course, and I believe shuffleboard all at the resort...

the resort is direct on the ocean so there is plenty of space to walk there.

then, they are also close to the jungle trail and pelican island national wildlife refuge which they could either walk to, or more likely drive to.

DVB I believe also has bicycle rentals available for them to rent.

The Green Cabin Room hosts a drink seminar daily - I believe it is on a 3 or 4 day rotation of the classes. They also host some sort of a trivia game every day at 5:30 PM.

Recently they announced some pirate character meet and greets will occur every Thursday, but I don't think that is a permanent addition - just for the summer. There ARE character breakfasts every Saturday morning.

Lastly, Wind & Waves offers sit down service for Breakfast every morning and dinner every evening. DOn't know if it makes sense to eat there every night, but it is an enjoyable place to be there.
Thank you so much - this is incredibly helpful! Sharing it with them right now!! :)

Does anyone have a recent activities sheet that they can post? We will be there is a few weeks and I wanted to see what fun awaits us!

Also, anyone who has been there in recent weeks, how are the jellyfish? We had been going since 2014 and last year was the first year that we had issues with jellyfish in August. I wasn't sure if it was because it was such a hot summer last year with record water temperatures in FL.

Last edited:
We recently returned from a wonderful trip with 27 family members! We used Angie Tappen from Seaglass Photography (772-559-7143) It is a husband and wife and the pictures are amazing!!!! Highly recommend them.

Anyone who has been recently have any updates on how turtle season is going?

We were there for the first time for one night Friday night. Beach closed at dark and then they asked all guests to close blinds at night. On the beach there are several places marked off and they are monitoring it.

We didn’t see any turtles although funny enough I stayed at VGF after and Monday morning early during a run I rescued a tiny turtle crossing the sidewalk heading toward the lake. I saw another one that had been stepped on/hit so I wanted to make sure that tiny one avoided that fate.

My family is considering a trip to VBR next year. We are driving and would like to bring our own chairs and beach tent. Are we allowed to do this on the beach next to the resort?

My family is considering a trip to VBR next year. We are driving and would like to bring our own chairs and beach tent. Are we allowed to do this on the beach next to the resort?
Yes, you can bring your own. We bring chairs & an umbrella. Enjoy!

Latest posts

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest