VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

It might make you feel better about Disney to know that the beach work is not under Disney’s control and was supposed to begin in early February. The date then was affected by weather and the exact start date wasn’t a sure thing till very last minute.
That is true that a start date was not known but Disney did know work would be performed and did not inform guests until it was too late to cancel or modify the reservation without the points going into holding.

I received an email yesterday about the beach was down. When I booked this the only warnings were that the pool area would be closed for refreshments. Now that is all open but no beach.

I called this afternoon MS was still stating the work was beginning in February which is even more reason families that could be affected on this should have been notified when DVC learned about it so that other plans could be made if so desired.

The MS rep I spoke with didn’t know what beach we would be bussed to or if they had beach chairs for rent there.

Not to start this depressing discussion all over again, but I'll pick up where Woodleygrrl left off. We got the email last night for our trip in late March saying the beach will be closed. I came here to see what was going on, and just read through the last month's worth of discussion.

Trust me, I'm a DVC fanboy and not a troll or hater, but I'm just really surprised with the lack of warning/advance notice, and the apparent lack of any special accommodations for changing reservations or discounting points. Given how thoroughly Disney communicates about closure and refurbishments, this just feels really out of character for them. With more notice, I would have made different plans and enjoyed Vero on another trip.

I'm happy the folks with February plans got a break, but we planned a long week at the beach for Spring Break with out kids, which we will now spend in a van schlepping back and forth to the beach. We'll make the best of it, but this feels like a "miss" from DVC.....
What was the subject heading of your email? We have a reservation in late March and didn’t get the email.

Does anyone know if there will be chairs/umbrellas for rent at the substitute beach? I was just planning on bringing our own but with 3 kids I do not want to try to schlep all that stuff on a bus.

We hope forbidding balloon releases helps turtles and other sea creatures. This is from the Sea Turtle Conservancy

This week, the Florida House and Senate passed HB 321/SB 602, a bill that would ban the intentional release of balloons and reclassify them as litter! We are so grateful to the bill sponsors, our partner organizations, and citizens who worked so hard to get this bill to the finish line. Now that the bill is heading to Governor DeSantis’ desk, we are urging him to sign it to protect our sea turtles and their coastal and in-water habitats. Click here to read more about this bill.

Any updates on the beach? Is it usable or has work begun. DD checks on Sunday. Thrilled about the pool, but hoping they can use the beach right at the resort.

Disney.dad---$30-$10242-217-VB-Apr-0/23, 217/24, 217/25, 217/26- sent 3/4

VERO at 30 and it wasn't stripped. Do you guys and gals see much chance it is ROFRed? Yes buying to get Beach Cottage 11 month priority to add onto stays with WDW.

My daughter is there now and said the beach is closed. The resort will shuttle guests to a beach about a mile away. There is also parking there. She has not yet gone to the beach so I don’t know much else.
Has your daughter been bussed to the beach yet? Wondering if they have chair rentals there.

Has your daughter been bussed to the beach yet? Wondering if they have chair rentals there.

She did shuttle there once—I think it was yesterday. She left Vero today and said she has no idea if they were renting chairs there or not. Sorry! She’s 20 and was on spring break and was probably laying on a towel sunbathing. She did recall that they have towels in the back of the shuttle.

She did shuttle there once—I think it was yesterday. She left Vero today and said she has no idea if they were renting chairs there or not. Sorry! She’s 20 and was on spring break and was probably laying on a towel sunbathing. She did recall that they have towels in the back of the shuttle.
Thank you completely forgot about the towels!!

Disney.dad---$30-$10242-217-VB-Apr-0/23, 217/24, 217/25, 217/26- sent 3/4

VERO at 30 and it wasn't stripped. Do you guys and gals see much chance it is ROFRed? Yes buying to get Beach Cottage 11 month priority to add onto stays with WDW.
I do not know about the possibility of it being snagged by ROFR. Data over the past couple of years would show that VB is not on Disney's to do list.

I do know that at least one resale company has a buy back program for sellers. VB sits at $35 I'm told. Meaning they could just sell to that company instead of waiting on a buyer.

All that to say, $30 is an incredible get! Hope it works out for you :-)

New character breakfast with Goofy & Pluto, Saturdays only, beginning April 20th!

Get ready to rise and shine for a magical morning filled with delicious cuisine and favorite Disney friends at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort. On April 20, the Disney Vacation Club resort’s popular character breakfast at Wind & Waves Grill will be returning with a brand new menu.

The charming bistro located along Florida’s scenic Atlantic Treasure Coast offers scrumptious new offerings that guests of all ages will enjoy.

Indulge in the Pastry Boat, featuring an assortment of mini-pastries accompanied by a delectable mixed berry compote.

And speaking of berries, you won’t be able to resist the Blueberry Pancakes studded with blueberries and homemade blueberry syrup.

Or you can enjoy the Bananas Foster French Toast, crafted with fluffy challah bread and drizzled with a decadent bananas foster sauce, complemented by a side of crisp bacon.

And if you’re craving something on the savory side, try the Treasure Omelet, a flavorful blend of golden cheddar,
ham, bell peppers and onions, served alongside seasoned home fries.

As you enjoy your meal, Goofy and Pluto will be making the rounds to visit each table, creating unforgettable moments filled with fuzzy hugs and high fives. The two will be dressed in their beach best, so you won’t want to miss a chance to snap a photo before hitting the waves!

The character breakfast will be available on Saturdays only from 8 a.m. to noon, beginning on April 20. Reservations are now open for booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter