VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

Any updates on the beach and pool refurbishments? I’m hoping they are actually making some progress on the beach and that the pool slide is actually open.

Here is the beach today. Signs say they are closing the beach on March 1-31 to do the refurb. If you have mobility issues you will have a hard time getting to the water from the beach acce
Not to start this depressing discussion all over again, but I'll pick up where Woodleygrrl left off. We got the email last night for our trip in late March saying the beach will be closed. I came here to see what was going on, and just read through the last month's worth of discussion.

Trust me, I'm a DVC fanboy and not a troll or hater, but I'm just really surprised with the lack of warning/advance notice, and the apparent lack of any special accommodations for changing reservations or discounting points. Given how thoroughly Disney communicates about closure and refurbishments, this just feels really out of character for them. With more notice, I would have made different plans and enjoyed Vero on another trip.

I'm happy the folks with February plans got a break, but we planned a long week at the beach for Spring Break with out kids, which we will now spend in a van schlepping back and forth to the beach. We'll make the best of it, but this feels like a "miss" from DVC.....

Not to start this depressing discussion all over again, but I'll pick up where Woodleygrrl left off. We got the email last night for our trip in late March saying the beach will be closed. I came here to see what was going on, and just read through the last month's worth of discussion.

Trust me, I'm a DVC fanboy and not a troll or hater, but I'm just really surprised with the lack of warning/advance notice, and the apparent lack of any special accommodations for changing reservations or discounting points. Given how thoroughly Disney communicates about closure and refurbishments, this just feels really out of character for them. With more notice, I would have made different plans and enjoyed Vero on another trip.

I'm happy the folks with February plans got a break, but we planned a long week at the beach for Spring Break with out kids, which we will now spend in a van schlepping back and forth to the beach. We'll make the best of it, but this feels like a "miss" from DVC.....
Thanks. I’m not good about checking email. I received mine yesterday afternoon. Even if I opened it the second it came in I wouldn’t be able to modify or cancel our reservation without the points going into holding.

As disappointing as this is at least I wasn’t blindsided as we do get great updates from the community here.

We just plan to make the best of it.

It might make you feel better about Disney to know that the beach work is not under Disney’s control and was supposed to begin in early February. The date then was affected by weather and the exact start date wasn’t a sure thing till very last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter