Vent! Arhrhrhrhrh!

Scratch42

<font color=navy>I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go
Saw on the Collector Boards that the Pin Bags are on sale at Disneystore.com. Awsome Price! Regular $120.00 down to $36.00! What a great surprise for DD, NOT!

When I went to place the order, the Shipping was almost as much as the Pin Bag itself!:rolleyes:

So, I phoned asking if I could arrange my own shipping. They do not allow this! Ok, I know. But what was once a bargoon!, is now just as expensive to buy down in WDW!

Oh the Humanity!

Thanks for listening!

Scratch
:smooth:

I was just about to start a thread with the same complaint!!!
I just spent 1 hr online @ disneystore.com, I got t-shirts, mickey gloves (for the MNSSHP) & PJ's for a great total of $ 37.00, then add S&H of $35.80!!!!!!:mad: some savings! It does not cost that much to ship to Canada. and then there'll be duty too. Cancel that. AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH

Yeah.... I've experienced the same frustration with disneystore.com - they called me once for a survey and i told them how incredibly ridiculous the shipping costs are to Canada. the CM agreed, and said she'd pass it on.... but i'm sure they won't change it. i had to have something shipped to a relative in the US.... sucks because there are some great deals right now :(

You know it's funny because I was just complaining about this yesterday. The deals are amazing but it's not worth buying from Disneystore.com because of the shipping and duties. You'd think that they could have a way of shipping from Canada since there are Disney stores here but nope we can't take advantage of the faboulous deals that they are showing. :(

It's not just the DS. I ordered two yoga mats online from the states. Each mat was about $25 US, shipping was $16 US for both mats. But that's not what bugged me. When the mats got here, I had to pay $16 in duty! My inexpensive yoga mats cost more than buying them here in Canada! However, on the bright side, I can't get these mats in Canada. I think I better go use the mats now ~ heeheehee! Namaste, Sandra

I had the same problem last year too ... I found lots of great deals on their site but when I went to checkout, the shipping was ridiculuously high! I ended up sending the package to a friend in Buffalo and he brought it back for me when he came back to Toronto a month later :rolleyes: I wonder why they charge so much for shipping...

i think one reason shipping is so much is because they probably use UPS or some other carrier rather than regular USPS. I'm sure that if they used USPS to ship, the costs would be dramatically lower!!!!

but i think customs fees would still be ridiculous. sometimes i think it'd be better to live in the States.

but then i think... nah... :)

I have been frustrated by this for a few years. I have written them letters and they keep telling me "Sorry but that is how much it cost to ship to Canada."
I often order from Land's End and the shipping is not anything close to what Disney Charges.
Now every time they send me sale promos, I send them a letter back saying I would love to order some stuff but can not afford to until they do something about shipping costs to Canada.

Bunnyfoo - how did you pay for your purchase that you shipped to Buffalo? When I wanted to purchase a book on line and ship it to a co-worker in the US, it wouldn't take my credit card as the billing address on the card was to Cdn address and ship address was to US.

Originally posted by Jo-Anne
Bunnyfoo - how did you pay for your purchase that you shipped to Buffalo? When I wanted to purchase a book on line and ship it to a co-worker in the US, it wouldn't take my credit card as the billing address on the card was to Cdn address and ship address was to US.

I used a credit card ... I have a MasterCard, I don't know if that makes a difference. I usually say that I'm shipping the product as a gift. I guess I'm lucky because I haven't run into a problem yet ... but I know some of my other friends have tried to order things and have them shipped to a different address and run into problems.

Maybe you could send your friend cash through a money order or Paypal and have them order the item for you. Sometimes if you call the company directly they will accept your order ... where as the web forms might be set up differently.

I think UPS is the problem. If Disney shipped global priority via USPS the costs would be much less(plus no broker fees), but since they use a courier company it makes it super expensive. Anything valued over $20 US is going to be subject to duty and taxes. On top of that if they use a courier company such as UPS you may be subject to brokerage fees. I once ordered some buttons from a guy on ebay and the cost was $7.50. Well my doorbell rings and its the UPS guy. I had no idea he was shipping via courier. Anyhow the guy tells me I owe $44 dollars in duty and brokerage fees for the buttons! I ended up refusing the item. No way was I going to pay that much!

if you mean for a disneystore.com purchase, you can separate the billing address and shipping address - i used my Visa to buy something and had my billing address, but used a different address (US) for a ship-to...

dunno about other sites though :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter