VDH Opening

There is nothing stopping them from making points available for sale before cash bookings in mid-March. It’s nice to give DVC non-direct members a slight head start for cash bookings if they want to come out for Halloween theming.
Wait. They aren't declared. Don't they have to be declared? I am so confused now.

They never declare all the rooms so it really doesn’t matter if they start cash bookings because the bulk of the resort will start that way anyway.

It’s an interesting move so let’s hope the DVC part gets released soon
Yes, I don't know that I've ever seen this at any past DVC property. Makes you wonder...

Really want to book and see how much the rooms are, maybe they are doing a promotional price, but we are visiting in December and want to have a room there. Not sure paying $1000 a night is worth it.

That grand villa is nice.
Is that an outdoor Livingroom??

I asked for presale details on DVC chat and the cast member told me there’s an internal meeting this afternoon where all the cast members will be getting info. Hopefully that means we'll get info on buying soon!

Do they have the option of selling all available rooms as cash rooms only for now and holding off on selling points until the economy improves? I'm sure they'd have no problem selling out the rooms on cash stays for quite a while. Inventory at Disneyland Resort is so tiny compared to at Disney World Resort.
Maybe they can cash in a little and get some momentum before they open it up?
Or maybe gage interest for pricing?

This is going to be priced BANANAS. It has to be to make the timeshare math work. Wouldn't surprise me if this is also a California thing that it actually has to rent at that price before they can advertise with it, or something.

I've been looking at the photos and it seems neither studio type has a balcony. Am I missing something? What do the rest of you think? Does it matter to you? Outside seating is one of the big DVC draws for me.
We've unfortunately known that studios won't have balconies for some time. This is one big reason I purchased VGC resale as opposed to waiting for VDH direct. The description seems to imply that "select" studios will have balconies but they won't be common just looking at the exterior of the property. Views were the other deal breaker for me.

This is going to be priced BANANAS. It has to be to make the timeshare math work. Wouldn't surprise me if this is also a California thing that it actually has to rent at that price before they can advertise with it, or something.
Is that "timeshare math" because of Duo studios or what makes it different.? (im new)

Do we think this will be a good property to buy and rent out points? I guess it will depend on the points chart… My big problem with DVC right now is owners are basically shut out of DL unless you own there…
Too early to tell. My guess is yes, at least the first few years when the property is brand spanking new. Long term should be ok too, considering there will still only be 2 DVC in Anaheim.

Not what I was expecting either. I bought VGC last year, but love DLH's aesthetic and was curious to try VDH at some point when it opened with some leftover points I have. If they're not going to let us use our points, I would hope they'd publish cash rates online prior to 3/15. With a one day exclusive booking window, it would feel very throwback to the 80's to call for a hotel reservation without knowing the damage upfront. I'm also assuming parking (currently $35/nt) would be extra given it's cash?

I'll likely wait until DVC decides to give point spenders the green light to access whatever leftovers cash buyers leave behind...
Are you insinuating that Disney doesn't prioritize DVC members and AP holders? 🤣 What happened to all the cons about VDH. The lack of dining, location, etc. I feel you. I've been saying no for months and now these pictures come out and my legs are like noodles. Arrgghh!!

Are you insinuating that Disney doesn't prioritize DVC members and AP holders? 🤣 What happened to all the cons about VDH. The lack of dining, location, etc. I feel you. I've been saying no for months and now these pictures come out and my legs are like noodles. Arrgghh!!
The pictures are on point! I'm in love with the Grand Villa but I will never be able to afford to stay there!

Meanwhile, I was looking for enough points for a studio every couple of years... I may need enough points for a 1BR every couple of years! They look gorgeous

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter